Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tennessee, probation and the next coach.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Tennessee, probation and the next coach.

Jan 19, 2021, 8:09 AM

I know I'm talking about the NCAA so trying to use reason and logic is futile, but here goes anyway.

1. Tennessee commissions a legal firm to investigate Tennessee football for possible violations of NCAA rules.
2. Firm reports that violations were committed.
3. Violations are so egregious that the coaches can be fired "with cause" thereby saving the university over 20 million bucks.
4. Coaches are fired.

OK, so here are my questions:

1. Shouldn't that mean that the NCAA will slap some sort of sanctions, fairly significant, on the football program? (I know I'm talking about the NCAA, so they may do nothing. But, this isn't Alabama or Notre Dame. The NCAA may put the hammer down.)
2. Shouldn't that make it even harder to hire a new coach? (By harder, I mean even more expensive.) What coach will want to come into a dumpster fire knowing that they will have to rebuild while also facing limited scholarships and other sanctions?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tennessee, probation and the next coach.

Jan 19, 2021, 8:24 AM

Hey! You failed to mention that the greatest dumpster fire coach in the world is available as we speak. Drum roll please!!!!! Will Muskrat!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There will be consequences...

Jan 19, 2021, 8:29 AM

I expect NCAA might give some leniency since they self reported....but I still expect sanctions.

It will be difficult to hire a new coach....without question. Sanctions and rebuilding....that is a consideration. But, what about the feeling that TN was just trying to fire Pruitt without having to pay the buyout? Not sure if Pruitt has a leg to stand on with the argument...but something I would consider if offered a job at TN.

TN is a mess from the top down. Just hoping our Clemson coaches don't end up there. It is a bad situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA has a long history of selective enforcement...

Jan 19, 2021, 9:04 AM

of its own rules and it's no secret they can be bought.

If UT uses some of the money they saved by being able to terminate JP for cause to payoff the NCAA, UT will likely get little more than a mild slap on the wrist regardless of the nature of the violations.

Georgia may be in the same boat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The NCAA has a long history of selective enforcement...

Jan 19, 2021, 9:39 AM

Big CU is correct. They pick and choose who they want to smear the worst. It won't be an SEC team, UNC, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Michigan, or Southern Cal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2021, 9:53 AM

Huge hill to climb for Tennessee.......they have no one to blame but themselves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UT fans are somewhat like uof6c fans...

Jan 19, 2021, 10:08 AM

They are both under the delusion that their respective teams are somehow relevant on the college football landscape whereas, in reality, that simply isn't the case.

There is a reason why both programs always seem to struggle to find good coaches who are willing to accept the HC position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 19, 2021, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: The NCAA has a long history of selective enforcement... ]

Don't forget Duke.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I think so too...

Jan 19, 2021, 11:40 AM [ in reply to The NCAA has a long history of selective enforcement... ]

and to be unbiased in the situation, if all coaches are gone, the AD 'retired' and its self-reported with the intent to fix it all...then I think there should be leniency to not penalize the next guy or current players. Give the coaches responsible a show cause penalty and heavily fine the university. Maybe take away the next postseason they qualify for (even if its 2022 or after), strip Eric Gray of eligibility, and go after coaches responsible. And tell Mims he cannot play a single NCAA game until he comes clean with everything that happened.

But with the corruption of the NCAA and coaching fraternity thats not happening. This is why the FBI got involved with college basketball.

Jan 19, 2021, 3:32 PM

The worst thing they ever did was firing the Admiral from “The Hunt for Red October”.

But hey, when SEC teams burn it helps Clemson so burn baby burn!

The SEC is as weak right now as they have ever been. It’s Alabama and everybody else. Florida and Texas A&M look good on paper but beat absolutely nobody this year. And Georgia can’t get by them and are underachieving even worse now under Kirby Smart than they were under Richt.

The SEC is a mess right now, but ESPN and the media will continue to prop them up!

https://youtu.be/YULytWUaKR0

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Jan 19, 2021, 6:08 PM

And how about LishPew? They appear to have an ongoing problem with sexual assaults. Investigations all round in the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic