Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From the IPTAY/Clemson AD survey that was sent to my email
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

From the IPTAY/Clemson AD survey that was sent to my email

Dec 9, 2018, 11:34 AM

this week, it appears some renovations to the stadium are being strongly considered. Most of it dealt with ledge, premium, and club seating. Some of it sounds really nice. I just hope they don't reduce capacity to put some of that in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From the IPTAY/Clemson AD survey that was sent to my email

Dec 9, 2018, 11:50 AM

We have a lot of vacant seats now. I can’t remember when the south upper deck was filled. I’m sure some of those fans find better seating elsewhere like section GG but the stadium is never filled

Dec 9, 2018, 12:00 PM

Agree. The trend around the country, even mighty Bama, is for less seats. It’s been a while since we have packed out the valley. Part of the problem, amongst local folk, is that think we are sold out every game. Our parking situation doesn’t help with that. An upgrade to the stadium might just be improving the parking situation.

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were a couple of parking items on the survey***

Dec 9, 2018, 1:07 PM

Dec 9, 2018, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: From the IPTAY/Clemson AD survey that was sent to my email ]

Because I attend a home game once a season I find the comments interesting, but there are two I will make, especially from an aging standpoint, which should be addressed.

First put a railing in the center of the walk downs as I’ve seen several people fall or as I did lose their balance. Along those same thoughts increase handicapped access seating.

Second give the students the upper deck seating, especially on a sell out game. Recognize they can deal with the climb into and out of those seats far better than their elders who have been supporting the team far longer. IPTAY and the BOT need to frankly acknowledge the long time fan who seat in games long before Dabo’s tenure by rewarding them in a meaningful manner.

Go Tigers ??!!

I was told students get south upper deck tix, but

Dec 9, 2018, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: From the IPTAY/Clemson AD survey that was sent to my email ]

sit (stand?) with the other students in the lower deck student section. I do recall seeing that section ‘empty’ even when a sell out is announced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: I was told students get south upper deck tix, but

Dec 9, 2018, 12:49 PM

I’m sure that that is true Bill. I have always thought that many who sit in the upper deck filter their way down during the game. The lower section is packed much more than it once was.

In my response to the email that was sent from IPTAY and the AD I suggested that more luxury seating was not benefitting many of the loyal fans who support the Tigers on a regular basis. Most of us aren’t willing or can’t pay several thousand dollars per year to have better seating. What would you, as a loyal fan like to see as far as improvements on game day are concerned? I mentioned the scoreboard as a major need and I think most of you agree.
What else. Concessions,restrooms,comfortable seats with backs, easier access through the gates? Let me know. I do pass these kind of things along. Not that it will do any good!

Re: I was told students get south upper deck tix, but

Dec 9, 2018, 1:11 PM

More comfortable seats in the lower decks would be my vote. The problem that it would create though, much fewer seats in the lower decks, would not be feasible. Bigger video board would be nice. Something that wouldn’t cost a dime is better use of the board. Quicker replays, better/more frequent stats update and other game scoring updates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I felt the same way about the survey needs to consider the

Dec 9, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I was told students get south upper deck tix, but ]

average fan more in addition to all the questions about types of seating that is frankly out of my price range.

Dec 9, 2018, 12:53 PM

I hear they are removing lots of lower deck seating to build the "higher priced" seating in an effort to make more money.

I mean, someone has to pay for all the free tickets the students aren't using!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably correct on what you heard, but I wish they would

Dec 9, 2018, 1:12 PM

find a way to add it somewhere in the East end and not take away seats to do it.

Dec 9, 2018, 1:20 PM

This is a minor point re the score board but it is annoying. Why do they list games not even underway are will be played much later. There are always enough games underway or over (if we have a later game) to fill up the board.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2018, 1:25 PM

get a better TV... been to four college stadiums this year and ours is a generation or two behind...

Stadium seating would be awesome, even if its just in some sections (season ticket holders)...

Fix the hill, whatever they have to do fix it...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2018, 1:47 PM

Do not touch the Hill! That is our trademark. To fill the Hill, one hour before kickoff, offer space on the hill at a reasonable price to first come, first served. That would assure a packed Hill each game.

mentioned the hill in all three of the free response items.***

Dec 9, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: From the IPTAY/Clemson AD survey that was sent to my email ]

bring back tiger time***

Dec 9, 2018, 1:48 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny you say that. I think about that almost every home game***

Dec 9, 2018, 2:40 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 9, 2018, 1:58 PM

Assistant A.D. Graham Neff spoke at Friends of Clemson meeting in November. He talked about several things, First, He said they want to add additional premium seating in the corners of the West End zone. They have talked about adding Additional seats in the Corners of East End Zone. A new Scoreboard should be in place by 2020. It will be bigger but not huge as they don't want to alter the view of hill, etc. A new sound system is in the works as well. He also mentioned adding rails in the aisles which would reduce seating. While adding premium seating they still want to keep seating about what it is now. He also spoke about the surveys going out to IPTAY. He was very interesting and answered every question that was asked!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds good, I like the locations he talked about for adding***

Dec 9, 2018, 4:11 PM

Need more Men's bathrooms, I walk by 2 women's rooms to get

Dec 9, 2018, 4:32 PM

to the closest Men's room...That's a ####### problem

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic