Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There was a time I questioned the hiring of Dabo.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

There was a time I questioned the hiring of Dabo.

Jan 23, 2015, 6:16 PM

I have no such questions anymore.
I haven't seen Clemson fans this United ever in my life.
Something special is happening, we are on the cusp. Thanks to one man.

http://youtu.be/kydpBtLw5TE

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Just how long is your life?

Jan 23, 2015, 6:22 PM

We were pretty united in the Danny Days. Agree that we are on the cusp. We will be in the playoff conversation for years to come.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You are right... We were United with Danny big time!***

Jan 23, 2015, 7:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are right... We were United with Danny big time!***

Jan 23, 2015, 10:35 PM

That's why they had to bring up possible infraction again. Alumni, boosters etc wasn't going to take it without that doubt cast

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Just how long is your life?

Jan 23, 2015, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Just how long is your life? ]

Born in 1977

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: There was a time I questioned the hiring of Dabo.

Jan 23, 2015, 6:51 PM

I was sold when he interviewed after being named Bowden's replacement, but you have to admit that it took a lot of guts buy Terry Don to hire a receivers coach. He has had to learn on the job under some preety tough conditions. He hasn't been perfect, but he is taking us in the right direction.

Love Dabo, but were you around in the 80's? Surely not!***

Jan 23, 2015, 6:59 PM

Dabo is a good business man...

Jan 23, 2015, 7:01 PM

He knows how to hire the right people and he knows how to sell the product to recruits. Those are big.

The sumbich can coach too!

Jan 23, 2015, 9:26 PM

Don't get distracted by the CEO chit, this ain't STS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The sumbich can coach too!

Jan 23, 2015, 9:34 PM

Take away the "hanging on to Kyle Parker too long year"and he has been rolling!

Kyle Parker was a fine QB...

Jan 24, 2015, 1:24 AM

until he got speared by LSwho's cheap chit.

You don't really think Tajh could have handled the QB position that year, do you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kyle Parker was a fine QB...

Jan 24, 2015, 10:44 AM

LSwho?

Forget it, he's rolling...

It was Auburn with the cheap shot on Parker

Jan 24, 2015, 10:55 AM

I wish we had had a defense in that game like we did last year. No national championship for Cam and his daddy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so blinded by rage toward the OP for that backhanded...

Jan 24, 2015, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Kyle Parker was a fine QB... ]

shot at Dabo I got out of control a little there.

Anyway, Parker wasn't the same after getting his ribs bashed in. Cole reminded me of Kyle this year after he got that shoulder injured. I felt for both of them because I knew they could play to their potential.

Just talked about that on the show- hope you will get the

Jan 23, 2015, 7:03 PM

podcast tonight when it is up. It will be online and in iTunes etc.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always listen the next day at work. Give Tigersense a

Jan 23, 2015, 10:23 PM

shout out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Extremely smart guy. Great leader. He could be the CEO

Jan 23, 2015, 7:05 PM

of any major corporation and be very successful. No doubt in my mind.

You are 100% correct sir***

Jan 23, 2015, 7:20 PM

Translation: He can do everything but coach.

Jan 23, 2015, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Extremely smart guy. Great leader. He could be the CEO ]

I'm so sick of hearing that bullchit. Take it over to STS where it came from.

Haha could you imagine Dabo in the business world?

Jan 24, 2015, 1:31 AM [ in reply to Extremely smart guy. Great leader. He could be the CEO ]

He could maybe run John Deere, but that's about it. He's got the smarts but not the personality.

Jan 23, 2015, 7:17 PM

I was telling my Auburn, UGA, GTech, FSU, USuCk, Tennessee and Florida buddies at work that this is going to be the turning point for is to get to national championship and they laughed. Now they are like, "whoa"!

Re: There was a time I questioned the hiring of Dabo.***

Jan 23, 2015, 8:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suppose the one attribute that has won my support has

Jan 23, 2015, 8:40 PM

been his unwavering passion and dedication to Clemson and to our program...a passion built upon a simplicity of character developed and enriched over the years from his modest and humble roots and reinforced with his devotion to the Almighty.

Dabo Swinney is not a perfect man; he's made mistakes; he'll make more. He may not be the best man to have ever coached the game, and there will be times when the Clemson family will scream to the rafters over mistakes and losses.

But Dabo Swinney is a good man...a decent and honorable man, a man who I believe is striving mightily to build a strong, respectable program at Clemson without sacrificing the soul of our university nor the souls of our staff and team members.

For that I am grateful. For that I stand strongly in his corner. For that regardless of the length of his tenure, I say, "Thank you, Coach Swinney. I'm ALL IN!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suppose the one attribute that has won my support has

Jan 23, 2015, 8:45 PM

Thank you, Hartins! I couldn't have said it better myself. I, too, am ALL IN!
Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's another thing for which I am thankful, and that is

Jan 23, 2015, 9:22 PM

that you real, lovely ladies are gracing the pages of TigerNet.

Tis a far better alternative to the pseudo-ladies who fritter away here...and they know they are! lol

Ditto!***

Jan 23, 2015, 8:46 PM [ in reply to I suppose the one attribute that has won my support has ]

Well said brother^^^***

Jan 23, 2015, 9:07 PM [ in reply to I suppose the one attribute that has won my support has ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I suppose the one attribute that has won my support has

Jan 23, 2015, 9:08 PM [ in reply to I suppose the one attribute that has won my support has ]

what a wonderful well thought-out post.. U have put into words just how I feel. We are greatful for what Dabo has done and is continuing to do! I ALSO AM ALL IN!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believed that since he was introduced as our HC.

Jan 24, 2015, 12:05 PM [ in reply to I suppose the one attribute that has won my support has ]

I'll go an extra mile for a man that presents himself as does Dabo.

Re: I believed that since he was introduced as our HC.

Jan 24, 2015, 2:31 PM

I drove 850 miles to see him coach his 1st game. Still making that drive.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good or bad, it's all on Dabo. This is HIS football team,

Jan 23, 2015, 8:44 PM

HIS football program.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 23, 2015, 8:48 PM

I have to admit that I was quite skeptical when first as well but now I must confess that Dabo has done a GREAT job! His strong points are definitely leadership, motivation of players, & recruiting the right people (players & coaches). I am also very happy with the way he runs the program. He will not cut corners or break the rules in getting the job done. He will win the right way! Thanks Dabo for the great job you are doing!

Jan 23, 2015, 9:23 PM

You must have not been alive under Coach Ford.

Jan 23, 2015, 9:33 PM

I definitely questioned the Dabo hiring. But I also know it's the CLEMSON way. We don't hire coaches that are seasoned veterans that have already won NC games at other schools. For ANY sport. It has never happened that I'm aware of (well - not sure about John Heisman, but let's ignore that one). Anyway, I couldn't be happier with Dabo and the group of young men and coaches that he has assembled into a lean, mean, wrecking machine. Playing for CLEMSON has got to be one heck of a great feeling - and running down the hill - awesome. These guys can get a lifetime of memories in only 4 years. THAT has to be one major rush to be on that field on game day.

streaking, r u a lady tiger fan?***

Jan 23, 2015, 11:42 PM

Point for the post! I loved the hire in the beginning, my

Jan 24, 2015, 4:16 AM

only negative thought were when we lost the 5 straight to USuc but you could tell he had us going in the right direction and it was only a matter of time and it showed this year! GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I couldn't be more thrilled that have a coach like

Jan 24, 2015, 6:03 AM

Dabo. I honestly wouldn't want any other coach in the country, i think he fits clemson perfectly. He brings a sense of excitement that we haven't seen in a while before Dabo. I often wonder if he would of been hired as HC if he didn't beat the coots in 08. I may get flamed for saying this but i think when its all said and done, Dabo will be considered the best to ever coach at Clemson

Well, well, well......

Jan 24, 2015, 2:45 PM

I agree, I was there too.

:)

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic