Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson Pros: Hopkins on 5 TD game - 'That's just him being Deshaun'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,066

FB Update: Clemson Pros: Hopkins on 5 TD game - 'That's just him being Deshaun'

Oct 9, 2017, 2:06 PM

Clemson Pros: Hopkins on 5 TD game - 'That's just him being Deshaun'

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at what point is someone going to speak honestly about this

Oct 9, 2017, 9:38 PM

dw is playing pretty good ball, but atleast 25% of his throws have a legit chance of getting picked. almost hafta hold your breath, just like at times these past few yrs at CU

he threw up a few jumpballs throughout the game yesterday and has been relatively lucky on those type throws so far this season

the difference between him and alex smith was pretty noticeable

Re: at what point is someone going to speak honestly about this

Oct 9, 2017, 10:24 PM

In all honesty, the best way to avoid holding your breath, is to, don't watch Texan FB. Watching another team play you may get lucky also, you won't have to hold your breath. But then again, all hall of fame QBs have taken risk while helping their team get to and play in championship games!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2017, 10:48 PM [ in reply to at what point is someone going to speak honestly about this ]

Kansas City WRs were open. Houston's WRs hardly ever had separation from DBs... when they were DW4 got them the ball, when not he put the ball where they could get it.... Nuk did that for 3 years at Clemson.

Oct 9, 2017, 11:06 PM

Nuk simply needs to know where DW4 is going to put the ball and he will get it 90% of the time.... he is the best receiver I ever saw at Clemson.... he and Sammy made TBoyd look great but most of Sammy's catches he had separation,

You decide

Oct 10, 2017, 11:48 AM [ in reply to at what point is someone going to speak honestly about this ]

See the video highlights from Sunday night's game:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-media/videos/Deshaun-Watson-highlights-/dfabe979-f0e1-4b9a-866d-c5221330d94f

Is Deshaun lobbing up jump balls or throwing darts? I'm going with the latter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There used to be this guy that played in Green Bay

Oct 10, 2017, 12:17 AM

You might remember him. Eleven time Pro Bowl, 3 time (consecutive) MPG, also hold the record for most INT's in a career with 336 of them. The man threw 15 or more picks in a season, 14 times. He's got a trinket or two on his fingers. Mr. Brett Favre.

While I can't say DW is going to be like Favre, I can say that they both are confident in their own abilities and they play to win! Give me a QB that can and will attempt to thread a needle, over a timid play not to lose guy, anyday. He, D'S will throw some picks. Put he makes many more plays than he messes up. Part of that confidence he has, is also in knowing his receivers. He knew Mike Williams was a master at high pointing the ball on 50/50's. He Jordan Legget could and would extend laterally. N0w, he knows Nuk, is a high point master and knows what the strengths of his other Wr's are. Deshaun is such a student of the game. He studies films. He knows if a DB will bite. He knows if they are suseptable to a double move. What do they do going out of their back pedal. Does the DB have a good vertical, how tall are they, does he track the ball well, etc. So dont think for a second that every pass that doesn't hit a receiver on the numbers, was an inaccurate throw.

He's going to throw some picks. It's part of the game. But you have to let Deshaun be Deshaun. When Deshaun is being Deshaun, there is no limit as what he is capable of.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might remember him. Eleven time Pro Bowl, 3 time (consecutive) MPG, also hold the record for most INT's in a career with 336 of them. The man threw 15 or more picks in a season, 14 times. He's got a trinket or two on his fingers. Mr. Brett Favre.

While I can't say DW is going to be like Favre, I can say that they both are confident in their own abilities and they play to win! Give me a QB that can and will attempt to thread a needle, over a timid play not to lose guy, anyday. He, D'S will throw some picks. Put he makes many more plays than he messes up. Part of that confidence he has, is also in knowing his receivers. He knew Mike Williams was a master at high pointing the ball on 50/50's. He Jordan Legget could and would extend laterally. N0w, he knows Nuk, is a high point master and knows what the strengths of his other Wr's are. Deshaun is such a student of the game. He studies films. He knows if a DB will bite. He knows if they are suseptable to a double move. What do they do going out of their back pedal. Does the DB have a good vertical, how tall are they, does he track the ball well, etc. So dont think for a second that every pass that doesn't hit a receiver on the numbers, was an inaccurate throw.

He's going to throw some picks. It's part of the game. But you have to let Deshaun be Deshaun. When Deshaun is being Deshaun, there is no limit as what he is capable of.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,066
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic