Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There should only be pride
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,892

There should only be pride

Feb 20, 2016, 5:50 PM

In the hearts of Tiger Basketball fans everywhere, IMO. They have far exceeded any expectations I had for this year and are looking like a very solid and talented team for 2016-2017 in the "new" LJ. I would love to see a NCAA invite but the NIT will allow our guys to gain more practice time and get some post-season experience! These guys showalot of heart and pride ever single game and I am proud of their efforts! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you make far too much sense for some people on here...

Feb 20, 2016, 5:58 PM

Most seem to forget that we were 7-5 and looked dead in the water when the calendar flipped to January.

This, along with the 2003 football season, have been one of the most fun turnarounds I have ever seen. It was a fun ride and I look forward to the last 3 games to see how much we have left in the tank. I won't give up until there are no games left in front of us

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There should only be pride

Feb 20, 2016, 6:06 PM

"They have far exceeded any expectations I had for this year "

Here is the problem with Clemson Basketball

Feb 20, 2016, 6:13 PM

Bingo.....

Feb 22, 2016, 1:39 AM [ in reply to Re: There should only be pride ]

And what were your realistic expectations after last year? We're you expecting a national title run? The kids have played their butt off this season and have had a chance down the stretch in every game. We have 9 ACC wins with a realistic chance to make the tourny if we get hot down the stretch which I think they will.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should always be happy with the NIT

Feb 20, 2016, 6:14 PM

we can't do better anyways

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am certainly proud of the effort, and am proud of the job

Feb 20, 2016, 6:26 PM

coaches and players alike have done after such a miserable start. If we make the dance, and are beginning a turnaround for the basketball program, I'm happy. If this turns into another year of no dance, however, I'll be extremely disappointed. It would be a mistake to become satisfied with mediocre results, in my humble opinion, no matter how proud we are of the effort.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Much appreciation for JB - dude is a warrior.

Feb 20, 2016, 6:29 PM

Most of the other guys play hard - mostly against more skilled players.

Props to Holmes - shoeing some real promise.

Hope he sticks around for next year ....

Feb 21, 2016, 11:46 PM

We will be awesome if he does ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2016, 6:44 PM

The team did a very good job recovering from the Nov-Dec debacle. JB just hasn't had enough consistent scoring help to make them an NCAA team. Will be very surprised if he doesn't declare for the draft. Don't see anyone on the roster who can replace his production as a forward who can shoot the trey and move with the ball to open spots for closer shots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Wait, so the team will miss the NCAA Tournament AGAIN

Feb 21, 2016, 2:35 PM

but they still exceeded your expectations? How low were your expectations?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wait, so the team will miss the NCAA Tournament AGAIN

Feb 21, 2016, 2:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLLSqpYyPD8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it seems BB is like a Jedi...

Feb 21, 2016, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Wait, so the team will miss the NCAA Tournament AGAIN ]

over time, win some ACC games (more than most), and people start seeing that as the "mark". Forget the NCAAT.

"hey, we've won more ACC games than any other coach".

Never mind it's a different league and unbalanced schedule... Credit to BB for mastering the "mind trick".

Hey, and I like BB and want him to win... but with our wins this year, missing the dance is inexcusable

He made the NCAA's with OP's players

Feb 21, 2016, 2:41 PM

and its been a slow descent ever since it feels like as his mark on the program became THE mark. It is time for him to go preferably before next season. And its called an opinion....

i'm no bb lyncher, but going to the nit is NEVER a goal***

Feb 21, 2016, 6:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

trophy generation

Feb 21, 2016, 6:48 PM

no one is ever a loser. Attaboys all around. 5 years without a postseason but it's fine because we tried super duper hard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Feb 22, 2016, 8:58 AM

I have mixed feelings about your post. I see your point and I'm happy for the wins we had in January. But we lost a lot of games we should/could have won. I support BB and admire the job he has done. I'm hoping to make the NCAA's myself. Just not the same in the NIT>

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the OP is trying to say that we were predicted

Feb 22, 2016, 11:33 AM

to be a bottom dweller in the ACC this year, and the team is outperforming the pre-season projections.

I would love to see us get in the NCAA every year, but I don't think it will happen this year...

A deep run in the NIT would be fun to watch if the team doesn't make the NCAA this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If making the NIT is exceeding expectations

Feb 22, 2016, 12:22 PM

then we need a coach who will recruit better players. Remember when we used to be pissed when we were a 5 seed in the tourney and lost in the first round? Now we're supposed to be pumped that we were in the first 8 left out of the tourney?

Re: If making the NIT is exceeding expectations

Feb 22, 2016, 12:24 PM

"nobody can win at Clemson" remember??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Just saying...

Feb 22, 2016, 12:40 PM

Black Captain Hook can.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,892
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic