Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There needs to be a new addition to the locker room
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

There needs to be a new addition to the locker room

Dec 1, 2013, 3:56 PM

and today, it should read 1829. That is how many days it has been since we beat SCAR. The players need to see that number every day, and be reminded of how they were embarrassed by SCAR. To #### with this nameless, faceless opponent. They need to be reminded, every #### day, that there is one game that makes or breaks your season, and SCAR is that game. It doesn't really matter what else you accomplish in a year, if you lose to your rival, it is a bad season. 11-1 with a loss to SCAR is a bad season because there will always be that black mark associated with it.

It is obvious that one school has been taking this game seriously the last 5 years, and one team that didn't properly prepare and played like trash. At this point, those players and coaches need to eat, live, and breath BEAT SOUTH CAROLINA. It should be the number 1 goal of the year, as every other accomplishment is tainted without that win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There needs to be a new addition to the locker room

Dec 1, 2013, 3:57 PM

I totally agree and your idea is one of positive motivation!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach it brother.***

Dec 1, 2013, 3:57 PM

yep I was worried when venables said

Dec 1, 2013, 3:58 PM

"we treat South carolina just like we treat the citadel"

Dec 1, 2013, 3:58 PM

I understand where you're coming from, but that was the mentality that existed at USC before Spurrier got there ("Beat Clemson!" stickers everywhere), and it didn't seem to help USC during that era.

Dec 1, 2013, 4:00 PM

Hey, I could always be wrong, but something has to change. We have looked wholly unprepared for that game 5 times in a row, and have been made to look like fools. Whatever we are currently doing, it isn't working. I don't know the inner workings of our football staff, but from the product we see on the field, it appears they don't take this game as seriously as the fans do.

Dec 1, 2013, 4:04 PM

Sadly, it will be at least 2016 before we have a decent shot at beating them again. We'll be a 7 & 5 team next year and 2015 is down there. So that's 7 in a row, and if Dumbo is still our coach and the drunk is still their coach, odds are it goes to 8 in a row....

Church. Preachhh.***

Dec 1, 2013, 4:05 PM

this needs to be posterized in the locker room....

Dec 1, 2013, 4:35 PM

somebody needs to see this large and in color often....

click here

Funny

Dec 1, 2013, 4:41 PM

One of the first things Spurrier did was take all of the beat Clemson crap out of our locker rooms

Re: Funny

Dec 1, 2013, 4:44 PM

What works for one team doesn't necessarily work for another. What we are currently doing obviously isn't working, maybe my idea wouldn't work either, I don't know. What I do know is there needs to be some changes made and a renewed focus on winning that game. Every year we show up looking unprepared.

Absoultely rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 1, 2013, 4:44 PM

You want players to have SC on the brain preparing for every conference game? Absolutely not.

Re: Absoultely rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 1, 2013, 4:53 PM

Every time they lift weights, I want that embarrassment in their mind. Every time they are practicing in the off season, I want that embarrassment on their mind. Every time they do anything that is going to make them better at their position, I want that embarrassment on their mind. I want them to push themselves to new heights because where they are now, and where they have been for five years, is not good enough.

Do I want them to watch film of SCAR and gameplan for SCAR the whole season? No, of course not. When they are working on fundamentals, strength, or conditioning, I want them to have SCAR, and that embarrassment, on their mind. Losing to SCAR is unacceptable, we need to start preparing for them like beating them is the most important thing we do during the year, not like we are going to be playing a nameless, faceless opponent.

Re: We're building a program

Dec 1, 2013, 5:10 PM

It hurts the fans because we have to live with the coots, work with them, worshiip with them and watch NFL with them. I spent the first 20 minutes of Sunday School talking about the game and then they pulled out a cake with a big 5 candle and did a verse of Happy Strak Day. They thought it was funny, especially since half of our Clemson contingent was conspiciously absent. I reminded them that we should be teaching Christian humility but it had little effect.

Later today, I picked up my grandson from a party where he had been teased about the game (another post).

As much as this hurts, Dabo and team are building a solid program and the wins over the coots will come. TB beat OBS but while he was doing it the evil genius in Columbia was building a program. Took down all the beat Clemson signs in the locker room and said every victory is important. The Clemson game will take care of itself.

Dabo is doing the same thing. Our program will overtake them and then beating them will become an every year event.

Might prefer a "countdown" instead of a "count up"

Dec 1, 2013, 4:45 PM

Maybe a banner that says "second best team in SC for _____ more days". Adding to it every day with no ability to do anything about it for another year might turn out to be counterproductive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 5:18 PM

That's the problem now. They are too tight. If they had not made the mistakes they would have easily won last night. It may be a coaching / attention to detail issue but it's not about not thinking about SC enough. If anything, they think about them too much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic