Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOVE Dabo Sweeney! This was a team drug test
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

LOVE Dabo Sweeney! This was a team drug test

Dec 30, 2015, 9:01 AM

I'm dang proud he's our coach. So many coaches would've swept this under the rug.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems unnecessary.

Dec 30, 2015, 9:02 AM

Why don't we keep the playing field level. None of the other CFP teams did that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dabo obviously got wind of this indiscretion.***

Dec 30, 2015, 9:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why were they smoking up wind from him?***

Dec 30, 2015, 9:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

youthful mistake***

Dec 30, 2015, 9:10 AM

Rule #7: always burn one upwind of coach and law enforcement***

Dec 30, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to why were they smoking up wind from him?*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love when guys like you 2nd guess the Coach

Dec 30, 2015, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Seems unnecessary. ]

in what's best for this program.

As if anyone in this fan base even has the smallest of ethical reason to do so....

I think with what Mr. Swinney has accomplished at Clemson - both on and off the field -

that so long as he's within the bounds of common decency

he deserves to be simply "assumed" to be correct in his methods.

You may have the right to question him -

that doesn't make it "right" though.

I just want an even playing field.***

Dec 30, 2015, 9:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and that's why you shouldn't question Swinney at all -

Dec 30, 2015, 12:34 PM

you can't even understand how he does "even out the playing field" - i.e. it's in the culture.

But again, just because you and none of your liberal friends can understand it, doesn't mean it doesn't work.

The results should be self-evident, and they're positive to more than simply football wins. And any number of additional wins in football that you think might be gained by a different culture are simply in your head. They're mirages at best.

The day that fans who agree with you somehow become the "culture" at Clemson

is the day I stop pulling for Clemson.

Reconcile that any way you wish.

Re: and that's why you shouldn't question Swinney at all -

Dec 30, 2015, 1:41 PM

Do you have any evidence the other teams have covered up drug tests?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Great question!

Dec 30, 2015, 2:28 PM

On the other hand, what if a player was given steroids that were not prescribed to him? Would that show up on a drug test if given? And if so would the team/coach/administration sweep it under the rug until the NCAA came calling?

Just curious

UsuC covered up ROIDS for years until

Dec 30, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: and that's why you shouldn't question Swinney at all - ]

they were part of the biggest ROID scandal ever to hit college sports.

USC had the biggest drug scandal in NCAA history...

Dec 30, 2015, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: and that's why you shouldn't question Swinney at all - ]

...but it probably happened before you were born:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_South_Carolina_steroid_scandal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waiting for Clueless09's response...

Dec 30, 2015, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: and that's why you shouldn't question Swinney at all - ]

Crickets....

Re: Seems unnecessary.

Dec 30, 2015, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Seems unnecessary. ]

I agree to a certain extent but then again it's better to cover our own a$$' than have the ncaa drug test them

Let me know when Oklahoma, Michigan State,

Dec 30, 2015, 9:19 AM

and Alabama have drug tests.

Re: Let me know when Oklahoma, Michigan State,

Dec 30, 2015, 9:28 AM

Dude I said I agree with you at least for the most part I'm just trying to find some silver lining in all this and for me that's at least this way Clemson can handle this internally instead of the ncaa getting involved

Re: Let me know when Oklahoma, Michigan State,

Dec 30, 2015, 9:33 AM

Most college athletes smoke weed. It's ignorant to think otherwise. I love dabo swinney. That said, if he really did decide to do a random drug test on his own, then that is just incredibly stupid. It's hurting us in the playoff and it could potentially hurt recruiting. If I smoked pot, I wouldn't want to go play for a coach that does random drug tests

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lot of stupid opinions in your post,***

Dec 30, 2015, 2:28 PM

The NCAA tested all four teams from last year's semis.

Dec 30, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Let me know when Oklahoma, Michigan State, ]

That's why Oregon lost a WR prior to the championship game.

Suspending a player / sending him home is the only way to protect the player's future eligibility, as the NCAA can test all players on-site, including those that are injured or being held out - it is how Mitch McGary (Michigan basketball player) was suspended for a calendar year for failing a drug test at the NCAA tournament, despite not playing due to injury. McGary's case is what ultimately led to the suspension for "street" or "recreational" drugs to be reduced from a full calendar year (during which the player loses eligibility) to six (6) months, during the 2014 legislative cycle.

There is right and wrong...

Dec 30, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Let me know when Oklahoma, Michigan State, ]

What other people do or don't do has no impact on whether or not something is right or wrong.

You have to take the whole package and this is part of the package...I'm far more comfortable being a Clemson fan than I would be an FSU fan and part of that is because Dabo does not make exceptions and challenges his guys to be better every day...not just on the field but in life.

Wait ....

Dec 30, 2015, 9:47 AM

Are you implying that Jimbo Fisher flies the flag a little lower than Dabo ?
That Jimbo might be less than inclined to harm his win chances to teach a kid a life lesson ?
Unspeakable. Reprehensible.
I hope you can back that up in defamation court !
;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Let me know when Okie, U of M, and Bama have integrity

Dec 30, 2015, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Let me know when Oklahoma, Michigan State, ]

you just don't get it -

and never will.

Yeah.. Dabo sure doesn't seem to have control over this

Dec 30, 2015, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Seems unnecessary. ]

team and the results just aren't good enough...

Re: Seems unnecessary.

Dec 30, 2015, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Seems unnecessary. ]

it's ALL about a standard of living and breaking the rules of that standard. dabo has set a standard of living for the players on his team. if and when he finds you broke the rules, he may give you a second chance, but he deals with you as he sees fit.

Dabo, unlike many coaches, is concerned about the

Dec 30, 2015, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Seems unnecessary. ]

Individual not just wins. I applaud him for his total commitment to the development of the individuals.

Re: LOVE Dabo Sweeney! This was a team drug test

Dec 30, 2015, 9:21 AM

Another example of doing what's right as opposed to expedient.

Love this guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 1:27 PM

If so, it was a bonehead move. I will take no solace in a loss knowing that our coach did the 'right' but unnecessary thing. Just poor timing.

It's called Coaching, and Teaching. We plan to be here on

Dec 30, 2015, 1:30 PM

the big stage from now on, and Dabo wants it known that he will not put up with any immature crap from our guys. Take it to UsUCk if you don't like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's called Coaching, and Teaching. We plan to be here on

Dec 30, 2015, 1:36 PM

This is nothing more than typical Clemson spin.

All 4 teams are drug tested by the NCAA

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/source-all-four-college-football-playoff-teams-were-drug-tested-080315

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25260571/sources-oregon-not-singled-out-all-four-playoff-teams-drug-tested

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/08/tell_oregons_mark_helfrich_the.html

Dec 30, 2015, 1:39 PM

Well if so then I feel much better about it now.

THat was last year AFTER the SEmi Final

Dec 30, 2015, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: It's called Coaching, and Teaching. We plan to be here on ]

So far this year,no team in the semi final has been tested. so that'd be Coot Spin from you.

Stupid to test AFTER!***

Dec 30, 2015, 2:32 PM

Last year, they tested all 4 playoff teams,AFTER the semi

Dec 30, 2015, 2:43 PM

final games were played.Oregon lost a WR for the Final Game, but shouldn't they have forfeited the win against FSU ?

This year, as in all years under Dabo,the team was tested before the Bowl game.

Re: Last year, they tested all 4 playoff teams,AFTER the semi

Dec 30, 2015, 3:05 PM

> final games were played.Oregon lost a WR for the
> Final Game, but shouldn't they have forfeited the win
> against FSU ?
>
> This year, as in all years under Dabo,the team was
> tested before the Bowl game.

I hear you, but I would really like to find a link from either Clemson on the NCAA that stated that it was their test. It would help shut up some of these #####

Dec 30, 2015, 3:24 PM

Didn't they ask him during the presser this morning if it was NCAA or team-based and he vaguely answered along the lines of "they violated team rules"? I took away from that statement that it was in fact team-based, not NCAA. Certainly if it was administered by the NCAA, we'd have already been reading headlines about them being automatically suspended for 6mos of the ensuing season, no?

Dec 30, 2015, 4:00 PM

> Didn't they ask him during the presser this morning
> if it was NCAA or team-based and he vaguely answered
> along the lines of "they violated team rules"? I took
> away from that statement that it was in fact
> team-based, not NCAA. Certainly if it was
> administered by the NCAA, we'd have already been
> reading headlines about them being automatically
> suspended for 6mos of the ensuing season, no?

No they did not ask him. And I am not disputing that is exactly the case. I am saying it is in the programs best interest to publish that this was a CLEMSON administered test. As good a job as we do with media, you would think it would be out there in a big way.

Anyone got a link? It seems like D Hood, could get the answer in a short period of time, or do I need to go over his head to Nikki?

Dec 30, 2015, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: It's called Coaching, and Teaching. We plan to be here on ]

This was a test administered by Clemson not the NCAA. That gives Clemson a distinct advantage when the NCAA tests later this week. We already tested and sent those players home. If we had not sent them home they would still be subject to being tested by NCAA and Clemson would have had no say in the discipline. Now each player can be disciplined according to how Clemson wants to handle it. Cain being suspended for the playoffs and however many more games etc that Dabo decides. NCAA testing would have resulted in automatic 6 months

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 30, 2015, 3:55 PM

> This was a test administered by Clemson not the NCAA.
> That gives Clemson a distinct advantage when the NCAA
> tests later this week. We already tested and sent
> those players home. If we had not sent them home they
> would still be subject to being tested by NCAA and
> Clemson would have had no say in the discipline. Now
> each player can be disciplined according to how
> Clemson wants to handle it. Cain being suspended for
> the playoffs and however many more games etc that
> Dabo decides. NCAA testing would have resulted in
> automatic 6 months

I hear ya, and that is whjat I have been told, but I have not seen that from any written source other than posters. I am thinking there should be a link to some source. THere is zero reason for it to be secret.

Dec 30, 2015, 2:37 PM

Does anyone have a link that confirms that this was a Team test, not the NCAA test? I have a hard time believing that , but I have been told this by people that have been reliable in the past. If it was the NCAA test , it would seem that there would have been a broader announcement and detailed appeals and etc?

TIA

Dec 30, 2015, 3:21 PM

Is that you Coach Stoops?

Some fans are way to harsh

Dec 30, 2015, 3:52 PM

I would have failed a drug test my freshman year at Clemson. I've matured and am a father and doctor. I can understand the repeat offenders but some people on here are wanting to kick Cain off the team for first offense which is ridiculous. He is 18 and 18 year olds don't always make perfect decisions.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic