Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dooms day scenario, VT and FSU end up in SEC, Big12 rumors
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Dooms day scenario, VT and FSU end up in SEC, Big12 rumors

May 23, 2012, 11:24 AM

fizzle and they simply get to 12 with BYU and Louisville.

How does this happen? Well it starts with analyzing NCSt and UNC. The more I read about the structure of the UNC system, I believe NEITHER school will be left to dry as they will be looking out for the best interests of BOTH. I think they end up staying together, and a pitch to go as a package to the SEC fizzles and the SEC decides that with VT, FSU although not adding a new state is well worth it due to overall brand.

The ACC in turn responds by further raiding the big east and possibly UCF/USF (I think UCF more likely but most bloggers seem to favor USF more).

Not good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dooms day scenario, VT and FSU end up in SEC, Big12 rumors

May 23, 2012, 11:26 AM

Whaqt if nothing happens at all? We get ND and the big12 is left scratching it's head

ND and Uconn probably. That is the golden scenario.

May 23, 2012, 11:29 AM

Solidfy and conquer.

Re: ND and Uconn probably. That is the golden scenario.

May 23, 2012, 12:53 PM

lol

Re: Dooms day scenario, VT and FSU end up in SEC, Big12 rumors

May 23, 2012, 11:30 AM

That won't happen. The Big 12 wouldn't take BYU and Louisville over Clemson. Also the SEC wouldn't take FSU just to go to 16. Any new members have to add value.

Truth is stranger then fiction my friend

May 23, 2012, 11:34 AM

In this bananza of crazy, with Boise and San Diego State joinin the Big East, and Texas NOT playing Texas A&M, at this point stranger things HAVE already happened.

Armsb

May 23, 2012, 11:30 AM

I remember my first beer.

Re: Armsb

May 23, 2012, 12:53 PM

it was my second

Even IF the ACC managed to get ND

May 23, 2012, 11:32 AM

and UConn, I still don't see how it will advance anyone to the NC game since the other 4 conferences have the bowls/playoff set up in their favor.

Re: Clemson and FSU to Big 12 is gonna happen....

May 23, 2012, 11:34 AM

The ACC will promise ND the moon to come in. They will come and bring Louisville with them. The ACC will be back to twelve and still irrelevant, but at least ND will have a good shot at winning their conference every year. The other ACC FB teams will struggle to compete because of lack of money, which ND will still be fine because of their own situation which Swofford will allow in order to safe face.

mark it down. CLemson and FSU to big 12, ND and Someone to ACC, The acc best just hope the SEC dont go after VT and GT or a NC school. If that happens notre dame still may not go acc.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see FSU in the SEC - I believe them when they say...

May 23, 2012, 11:36 AM

they're only looking for teams that can increase their "footprint" geographically and that also will increase their media markets - FSU won't do this for them.

people don't watch SEC football because of the TV market

May 23, 2012, 11:07 PM

The ACC should be exhibit # 1 as to why that doesn't work. People want to see rivalries - hatred - passion. People in Alaska watch FSU vs Florida

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, this thing was settled awhile ago between the Big/SEC

May 23, 2012, 12:58 PM

They divided the remaining real football teams according to TV markets.

I think the Big probably got screwed but hey, who wouldn't furnish a little butt for that kind of security, expansion and eventual payoff?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU yes, VT - I don't pretend to know the politics of the

May 23, 2012, 1:17 PM

situation in Virginia, but I can't see VT and Virginia spliting up either.

It the SEC eventually takes FSU and Miami. The SEC locks down the state of florida in recruiting, and the SEC forms an alliance with the Orangebowl as well.

I think that is several years away, but it will happen when Notre Dame joins the Big 10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU yes, VT - I don't pretend to know the politics of the

May 23, 2012, 6:41 PM

Highly unlikely SEC will ever take Miami or FSU. It has been discussed ad naseum that there is an agreement among the schools not to take another team in the state of an existing member. The instate team will not vote against the other school from there state but the remaining members of the division will. The states with two teams in now stay in because they were already there. Not to mention that this is truly about TV demographics. You can bet that since the SEC has extended a hand to the BIG 12, they know who they are going after. SEC would want VT, NC or NCST maybe and its a big maybe VA. This is unbelievable stuff. I thought it was crazy when it was going on with Mizzou and A&M last year. If clemson has the chance to go, they'd better take it or it could get ugly.

Re: FSU yes, VT - I don't pretend to know the politics of the

May 23, 2012, 6:41 PM

Oh, I said highly unlikely because in the end, $$$$ is all that will matter.

Gayturds may not want FSU or Miami, but if FSU joins the

May 23, 2012, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU yes, VT - I don't pretend to know the politics of the ]

Big12, then schools in Texas gain a foothold into Florida. You can kiss the FSU vs Florida or FSU vs Miami games goodbye. The SEC may not take them, but it would be a mistake in my opinion. One thing you can learn from the ACC - TV markets mean squat if nobody watches. People watch the SEC because of the passion and rivalries, not the TV market.

Clemson is going to get left out of the SEC. FSU will one day be a member of the SEC. It may be a LONG time in coming and they may wander through the Big 12 first. But eventually, FSU will be an SEC member.

There is nothing to keep UVA and VT together IF

May 23, 2012, 11:15 PM [ in reply to FSU yes, VT - I don't pretend to know the politics of the ]

the ACC starts to crumble (i.e. teams start to defect); however, we won't find that out because nobody is leaving the ACC.

Anything can happen and this would certainly be bad****

May 23, 2012, 7:04 PM

How About If The ACC Goes After The University Of Texas?

May 23, 2012, 11:55 PM

Why not? They wanted to go to the PAC-12 last year. Best defense is a good offense.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic