Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seems Trump is gonna put some of his stable genius to work
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Seems Trump is gonna put some of his stable genius to work

Mar 24, 2020, 6:44 AM

Seems he is leaning hard on lifting the shutdowns, guess we will soon find out whether you guys are right who advocate the same. My bet is given that he is itching to lift in what is our coming steep rise, most hospitals get overwhelmed and we lose any shot of containment. Yes,some places will go unscathed, those with little travel or residents. Cities are gonna be screwed, large cities well.......

So he is hell bent on trying an experiment, one no other country has wanted or dared to try. China, given it's govt.'s nature did not even attempt this folly and they can just shoot malcontent citizens. I wish Trump and you luck, you're gonna need it.

It's all good though, it's just old folks right, even though the stats here in the USA says it is hitting young folks very hard too. So fling it open, let it run rampant but the flip side is when deaths spike upwards he owns it . Voters will get to have their say come November.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no shutdown for the President to lift.

Mar 24, 2020, 6:49 AM

The federal government is not who is shutting things down. The President can change the guidance (recommendations) they issued last week, but from a shutdown perspective, all he can do request that the governors and local officials do things.

Re: There is no shutdown for the President to lift.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:11 AM

True BUT here is the thing, how many PUB Governors will fall in line and acquiesce to his wishes.

We never were gonna get a true handle on it doing it piecemeal as far as restrictions because infected move across State lines.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:15 AM

It's cool though, those that follow CDC guidelines will most likely remain healthy, those that feel it's all clear will be contestants for a Darwin Award.

Gotta love Pence saying an infected worker can continue at work wearing a mask though. I have not seen a mask in a store since Febuary myself. Plus it is gonna be great for the old worker moral.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: There is no shutdown for the President to lift. ]

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, a lot of you need to get a dog if you are scared. oh wait, you people kill your dogs so they will not get the virus also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 7:17 AM

What does that mean?

ya, mustve missed that news lol***

Mar 24, 2020, 8:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: There is no shutdown for the President to lift. ]

Congrats on being one of the 1st entrants in the Darwin Awards Covid-19 challenge.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:37 AM

Hey there. You are talking about deroroberts. She has won that award for many years now

I think the governors will do what is right for their state.***

Mar 24, 2020, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: There is no shutdown for the President to lift. ]

Re: I think the governors will do what is right for their state.***

Mar 24, 2020, 7:19 AM

You better listen to the Texas Heads of State 1st.

He’s just a Cowboy fan & hoping this is their year. That _

Mar 24, 2020, 8:24 AM

By itself would make me question his judgement.

Re: I think the governors will do what is right for their state.***

Mar 24, 2020, 7:21 AM [ in reply to I think the governors will do what is right for their state.*** ]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/politics/coronavirus-texas-social-distancing-guidelines/index.html

There’s impartial and then there’s naïveté***

Mar 24, 2020, 7:51 AM [ in reply to I think the governors will do what is right for their state.*** ]

exactly. NY is not the same as ND***

Mar 24, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to I think the governors will do what is right for their state.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consumer confidence has a large impact on the economy.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:23 AM [ in reply to There is no shutdown for the President to lift. ]

Trump and the Federal government cannot unilaterally remedy the gaps in consumer and business behavior that will reverse the winds of an economic depression. His approval rating is only 42% — meaning a large portion of the population does not trust what he says. Many major corporations implemented their pandemic tactics before the government’s guidance. This indicates that they will not be taking their “lead” from Trump when reversing those tactics. State and local governments also will act independently as mentioned.

Controlling the coronavirus is simply an inherent component of any economic recovery. Imagine lifting the social distancing guideline early against the medical community’s advice and a second wave of hot spots in Florida, Texas, Ohio and other MW cities. If controlling the virus is compromised, then the depression deeper and recovery longer.

Staying and reinforcing the course until mid-April or May 1st will allow full evaluation of the effectiveness of the “social distancing” tactics. If they work, good. If not, then move on knowing we gave it our best shot. It sure as hell is a better message come November.

Re: Consumer confidence has a large impact on the economy.

Mar 24, 2020, 7:44 AM

Trump indicates he wants to lift long before May 1st. At least that is the way it comes across.

Re: Seems Trump is gonna put some of his stable genius to work

Mar 24, 2020, 8:05 AM

Don't the states decide when they are lifted?

Re: Seems Trump is gonna put some of his stable genius to work

Mar 24, 2020, 8:10 AM

I’m starting to like Trump more better.

Places that are not seeing widespread outbreaks should be able to operate like normal but be urged to use caution.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic