Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I want the ACC officials to explain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I want the ACC officials to explain

Nov 7, 2014, 1:54 PM

Why that was targeting and what coaches can teach to prevent it. Without this explanation there's going to be outrage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I want the ACC officials to explain

Nov 7, 2014, 1:54 PM

Agree.

There is no explanation the ACC can give.

Nov 7, 2014, 1:56 PM

Because it clearly was not targeting. Just a convenient opportunity for the ACC to screw Clemson over. Par for the course.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really think if they came out with an explanation

Nov 7, 2014, 1:57 PM

Clemson fans would say, "Oh, I did not realize that. Thanks for the explanation, and God bless!"

I would. All they can say is "RS hit him in the head/neck

Nov 7, 2014, 2:05 PM

area" - which would make them a bunch of stinkin' liars!

Never mind - maybe I wouldn't....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not

Nov 7, 2014, 2:12 PM [ in reply to You really think if they came out with an explanation ]

However, I do think it's a fair question to ask. What in the play makes it targeting? Even if its a judgment call, I'd be interested in hearing the logic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would too...just don't think it would stop "outrage".***

Nov 7, 2014, 2:16 PM

Well of course. This is the internet, outrage is unstoppable***

Nov 7, 2014, 2:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would too...just don't think it would stop "outrage".***

Nov 7, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to I would too...just don't think it would stop "outrage".*** ]

I believe most fans would accept it had the video indicated targeting. How else was he supposed to hit the guy?

Overall, not the best crew of officials on the field last night in WS.

Even the announcers thought it was a bad call. It should be appealed.

Dude. He was obviously targeting the head and neck area,

Nov 7, 2014, 1:59 PM

he just missed and accidently him in the chest.

Great call by the replay official to recognize that RS really wanted to hit that guy in the head.

Kidding aside - I agree it shouldn't be too much to ask for an explanation of why that was considered targeting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got irrationally pisssed off reading the first part of

Nov 7, 2014, 2:03 PM

your post without looking at your name then I looked over midway through and saw you wasn't a coot and was in no way being serious and read the rest. So I apologize for thinking about thumbing you down and even though I did what I was supposed to and thumbed you up I'll sit off of tigernet for the last half of the day like I deserve to for intending such malicious harm to your account. Some say I'm just a bad apple.

You almost TDed me?! May God have mercy on your soul!

Nov 7, 2014, 2:08 PM

:)

Re: I got irrationally pisssed off reading the first part of

Nov 7, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to I got irrationally pisssed off reading the first part of ]

Some say Targeting

the explanation was given. there wasn't enough

Nov 7, 2014, 2:03 PM

Video evidence to over turn the ruling on the field.

The real question is how do you wAtch the videos and NOT see that it was a clean hit. Did you look at it from a different angle or something? Did you understand what the rules are ?

I think if heard this Clemson fans would say thanks have a nice day and go on our way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

i agree with you -- best post regarding RB penality

Nov 7, 2014, 2:08 PM

I could see how the official may have missed because of the speed of the game. I am going to give the referee the benefit of the doubt. I want to hear the reasoning of the replay officials for not correcting the call and still ejecting the player. We need to know why and a statement should be issued on that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Or at least admit it was a mistake

Nov 7, 2014, 2:17 PM

I could live with that as well.

SEC officials admit when they make mistakes. Another reason SEC is better than the ACC.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

ACC officials owe an explanation to no one except...

Nov 7, 2014, 2:25 PM

...John Swofford. They do as they are ordered to do, that is, "try not to make is too obvious, but use every occasion possible to screw Clemson."

That is all.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Nov 7, 2014, 2:34 PM

They could 'splain if we were on " I Love Lucy"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After the head of officials said it should be overturned

Nov 7, 2014, 2:35 PM

During replay on national tv I wouldn't expect much from the acc

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

The sad thing is, they will never have to. There are no

Nov 7, 2014, 2:50 PM

ramifications for their actions.

There's something in these hills.

Nov 7, 2014, 3:06 PM

Basically what’s happening is that anytime a defender leads with any part of his helmet, shoulder or torso and makes no clear attempt to either deflect or intercept the ball it’s considered targeting.

That’s not what the rule states, but that’s what they’re calling.

Coaches need to teach players to play the ball and not the receiver.

I don’t like it, but that’s where we’re headed in football given all the hoopla over concussions and the fact that lawyers have started to get involved.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic