Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tee H: Be very aware the CU/UT head to head battle for WRs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Tee H: Be very aware the CU/UT head to head battle for WRs

Jun 17, 2016, 12:45 PM

In recent history, we've gone head to head with Tenn on 2 high profile WRs: Marquez North and Josh Malone and lost out on both. It has not turned out well for either of those guys so far. North decided to turn pro and ended up going undrafted after some hyped but disappointing years with the Vols and Malone who was a legit 5 star has yet to cash the check on his potential through 2 years.

Choose wisely!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a major beef between the 2 coaching

Jun 17, 2016, 2:07 PM

staffs due to the fact that there were lies told to Malone about Clemson coming from the Tennessee coaching staff. That is why Clemson has gone after Tennessee hard with the whole #WRU. Tennessee has no problem lying to recruits and to be frank Jones better cash in on t all those preseason expectations or he may not even be at Tennessee much longer. There is no doubt Butch can recruit at Tennessee but he has yet to prove he knows how to coach even more so coach in big games and at the end of games....

They lied to Higgins weekend before last.

Jun 17, 2016, 2:27 PM

The story goes, they told him that Clemson wouldn't have a QB after DW4 and that either Lawrence or Jones would be signing with them . I guess Tee got it straight up from them both this week, that while neither may not wind up at Clemson,it'll UGA and Ohio state that gets them ,not Tennessee.

They're also putting out there ,that it's Higgins that'll have Johnson and Rodgers flipping back to Tn.

It'll get worse. They'll do everything they can not to lose Tee.

Those questioning Brad not meeting with Tee, hold your horses. If Dabo had wanted Brad on hand to meet him, he would have been. It's Dabo's Ace Up His Sleeve to use if he has to.

Re: They lied to Higgins weekend before last.

Jun 17, 2016, 9:12 PM

Yeah, this going to get really ugly. The entire state of TN will pull out the stops on this one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2016, 9:23 PM

Tennessee Lady Tiger is in our corner ...and she's got pull around there :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 17, 2016, 9:37 PM

I wish I did. All I can do is sport my Clemson gear every time I am in Oak Ridge. Lol

The Vol fans can be rabid. If I were him, I would commit as late as possible if TN was not my choice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2016, 10:43 AM

Hey Tennessee tiger, my dad works at Oakridge. He's helping with the tear down and disposal of K-25.

Jun 18, 2016, 10:51 AM

Hello! I work in Oak Ridge too. The "Secret City" really has a fascinating history. K-25....can you believe it was a mile long?

Re: There was a major beef between the 2 coaching

Jun 17, 2016, 10:31 PM [ in reply to There was a major beef between the 2 coaching ]

I wonder if something was said Feaster as well when he went up there.

I just don't get why any WR would choose OSU or Tenn...no program in the country right now is pumping more WRs into the league than Clemson. It baffles me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

There is no WR battle between us and Tenn or anyone.

Jun 18, 2016, 9:44 AM

They might want to make it seem that way because they enjoy the attention. Butch's recruiting pitch, "If you do decide to rape some of our fine young coed's your teammates will beat the crap out of anyone who tries to come forward. Then I will meet with the kid, call him a rat, and put him in more trouble. Don't worry, I have dirt on the AD, it's the only reason I still have this job!"

As one of the other posters mentioned, I wonder if Dabo sent Overton and Feaster up there to see what Ol Butch was up to. We were all worried they would flip when in reality they were just exposing the truth about Ol Rocky Top.

Re: There was a major beef between the 2 coaching

Jun 18, 2016, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: There was a major beef between the 2 coaching ]

Hunter Ray Ray Deon Cornell Trevion Deondre tJ and Amari could be reasons to go elsewhere. Some are scared of a little comp.

I wonder if anyone besides you has told him that?

Jun 17, 2016, 2:14 PM

North was the best HS player I ever watched in person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no idea how they screwed up North

Jun 17, 2016, 9:18 PM

Kid was special. If he had come to Clemson, everyone would know his name.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic