Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On the play before Clemson's ill-fated fake punt...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,078

On the play before Clemson's ill-fated fake punt...

Dec 7, 2015, 1:47 PM

...The Tigers were called for an illegal procedure penalty on a punt attempt. (The ball was snapped, but AT never kicked it.) The guy sitting behind me at the game said "I think we were going to fake that punt." His friends disagreed. I never asked him what he saw that made him think it was going to be a fake.

Is there a chance we had a fake called, but then took it off when we were moved back 5 yards? And AT either didn't get the message or maybe he was caught up in the excitement of the opportunity and decided to go into hero mode?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is never an "opportunity" with a 4th and 15

Dec 7, 2015, 1:49 PM

5 yards and less, maybe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm mostly wondering if anyone else saw anything on

Dec 7, 2015, 1:55 PM

the "false start" play on 4th and 10 that made them think The Tigers had a fake called.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought he faked it on that play as well. When he did it

Dec 7, 2015, 2:00 PM

on the next play I was super dumbfounded by trying a fake after you botched it the previous play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo already said in the post game pressure

Dec 7, 2015, 2:03 PM

"There was no fake punt called. He must have lost his mind " Phil Korncoot was the one that asked specifically about it

presser***

Dec 7, 2015, 2:04 PM

I wasn't saying it was a called fake punt .. just that I

Dec 7, 2015, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Dabo already said in the post game pressure ]

thought AT did the same thing

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me it was how he caught it, paused, and seemed to survey the field.

Dec 7, 2015, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I'm mostly wondering if anyone else saw anything on ]

He didn't just catch it and put his head down and go straight into his punting technique.

Now, in hindsight, maybe he was stalling to give coverageteam time like he did so well in 2nd half, but thats what I saw that made me think it was a fake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I was there, I said the same thing. When AT ran it in the 4th and 15

Dec 7, 2015, 2:07 PM

I assumed he missed the sideline call aborting the fake attempt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Just watched the play on tigerray's yt post

Dec 7, 2015, 2:12 PM

its at the 1:05:50 mark. doesn't look like a fake punt. It looks like AT was going for the step to the side and kick it thing to keep the ball away from their returner.

maybe I was the guy behind you

Dec 7, 2015, 2:36 PM

But I thought it looked like a fake attempt as well and said so out loud. Then railed adter the second attempt.

Not saying that I'm right. Just saying what I thought at the time

I said the same thing

Dec 7, 2015, 3:11 PM

One of our up-men when in motion and the way the play started I immediately thought fake. Nothing specific, it just looked funny.

When the flags came out and the whistle blew, Fedora and one or two assistants all came out on the field and started frantically motioning to and yelling at their players.

I turned to the guy behind me and said, "Were we running a fake there?"

He said, "No way we'd be dumb enough to fake it on 4th and 10 there."

And then...

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,078
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic