Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is an old saying
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,831

There is an old saying

Jan 24, 2016, 8:54 AM

YOU CANT FIX STUPID. There are a number of posters on tigernet who are beyond repair

Clemson and Clemson athletics are not a joke and I strongly dislike those whose mission
In life is to find fault with the university that I SUPPORT one hundred percent!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is an old saying

Jan 24, 2016, 9:23 AM

Yes, I basically agree with you. However, there is a difference between constant criticism and turning a blind eye. There are many of us that remember when the board and president decided to have their way with our athletic program. That little fiasco took 34 years to recover from. While I always, always, always support my alma mater, I will never be silent when I see power hungry individuals hurting it. Academics and athletics go hand in hand. Greatness in one area helps the other. Those of us that lived the downfall have a responsibility to our university to never let it happen again. Go Tigers!

Jan 24, 2016, 9:34 AM

I agree with everything you have said. However, since 2008 there has been no sign anything similar to the past is reoccurring. We have administration including president Clements and the Board 100% unified. We have an athletic director and his staff 100% unified. We have a coaching staff that exceeds 40 people 100% unified and we have in excess of 80 young student athletes that are 100% unified and are excelling on the football field at an exceptional level but also accelling and graduating in the classroom. What is missing in that scenario? Supporters

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 24, 2016, 10:39 AM

We are on the same page! I love that our president, board, AD, and coaches are working together and support each other. We are in a place that is amazing and to be recognized and cherished. This Tiger just does not want history to repeat itself! What we have at Clemson is to special to waste

don't sweat too much - you may be falling victim to

Jan 24, 2016, 10:47 AM

dirtpecking trolls and bandwagoners - they mostly disappear after signing day - a few hang around to bad mouth the baseball program -

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you're saying...

Jan 25, 2016, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: There is an old saying ]

you're an Athletic Supporter? (Sorry, I know it's an old joke, but it's Monday.) :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That situation was about much more than the board and president

Jan 24, 2016, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: There is an old saying ]

trying to control athletics. It was also about the football coach/program thinking it was bigger than the university. It quickly found out that it wasn't. Sadly, we all suffered for several decades as a result.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 24, 2016, 10:50 AM

Well said, I agree!

Who are these stupid posters? Answer in form of list. TIA!!!***

Jan 24, 2016, 10:56 AM

Re: Who are these stupid posters? Answer in form of list. TIA!!!***

Jan 25, 2016, 8:01 AM

Can we just list the intelligent posters please? 'Cause I don't like really LONG lists (and Crump don't either from what I've heard).

good way to start off this sunday,

Jan 24, 2016, 11:15 AM

elevating ourselves at the expense of others.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good way to start off this sunday,

Jan 25, 2016, 8:00 AM

That's what Sundays are all about. Or do you not church?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Moreover, what's there really to complain about?**

Jan 24, 2016, 11:37 AM

nm

may not can fix'ed, but you could banhammer'em...

Jan 24, 2016, 12:21 PM

if stoopid were really a concern in this world.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,831
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic