Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"There is a segment of Clemson fans that doesn't like the WAY Clemson is winning." - Walt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,629

"There is a segment of Clemson fans that doesn't like the WAY Clemson is winning." - Walt

Nov 9, 2017, 6:46 PM

I think that's one of the more salient points I've heard from Walt lately. Where scrutiny and parsing of methods is certainly a collective interest of our fanbase, it seems there is a glaring reservation about celebrating this seasons wins as compared to last season. Anybody else have that feeling?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Same vibe as last year pre-Pitt

Nov 9, 2017, 6:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely agree.***

Nov 9, 2017, 6:57 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "There is a segment of Clemson fans that doesn't like the WAY Clemson is winning." - Walt

Nov 9, 2017, 7:37 PM

I don't know what Walt is implying with the term "way". I have had an issue or two with some of our offensive play calling and game plans but I wouldn't say it's become a problem. If we were averaging 10 more points per contest I wouldn't be concerned at all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve read post by several on this board. He had a caller

Nov 9, 2017, 7:47 PM

Yesterday that thinks the coaches should bench KB2 for Hunter Johnson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes sense considering the offense put up 31 on the road

Nov 9, 2017, 8:16 PM

Against one of the best DL we will face all season.

Why would change anything on offense right now?

Clemson lost the best player in college football

Nov 9, 2017, 8:26 PM

over the past 2 yrs. Deshaun is impossible to replace by anyone. His replacement, KB, is a talented runner who has been hobbled by an testy ankle injury - as a result, his mobility has been limited. Clemson coaching understands Clemson has a talent level across every position that due to recruiting is above every team we will play this season. (Clemson was a pre-season Vegas favorite to win every game except Louisville on the road. Vegas was wrong about Louisville.) And as a result, the coaches, primarily Dabo, have decided to limit Clemson mistakes by placing each game in KB's hands. KB is tough and has limited mistakes by not taking chances such as passes over 15 yards. Clemson's offense has limited touches for ETN and Feaster and limited touches for Deon Cain in favor of running the ball with KB. Opposing coaches and players know it's coming. Clemson players know it.

The concern or fear with Clemson football fans is that when Clemson plays a team of equal talent, and there aren't many in the country, Clemson will fail because KB will be stuffed and coaches will not have readied other players and plays to step up. With the game on the line against NCSU, fans complained because coaches risked a loss by running QB runs plays on the last series doomed to fail. It put the Defense in a vulnerable spot against a talented NCSU QB. So yes, there are fans who don't understand why Clemson coaches choose to greatly limit the use of talented players like ETN, Deon Cain and the talent level of Wide Receiver University. These potential first round draft picks are blocking for a player who will not be drafted or given an opportunity as a scout player in the NFL. As for the the NFL caliber QB who is on the 2017 Clemson team who can pass and has been placed on the shelf - is he being coached up to utilize his passing skills, is he getting any reps in practice, and will Clemson need him against great defenses (i.e. Bama) that will stack the line and allow no QB runs and few runs? If Tigers do need him to beat a stacked line, he will be thrown to the wolves against playoff teams without any experience unless he get reps in upcoming games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mindset of the Coaches???

Nov 9, 2017, 8:49 PM

GOOD ANSWER... I believe it is clear to most that the coaches wasted good game-time playing it ultra-safe in the 2nd halves. Kelly should have been learning to hit the deep balls and the team learning to consistently make 3th downs in moving the ball. We saw too little of that and were given statements from the coaches about winning the SAFEST WAY by sitting on the ball with Kelly's numerous runs. A team has precious few games to develop confidence and ability... it is sure LATE in the season to not be sure that your team will show up... ALSO, the defense is not showing its ability to cover... Soft coverage is a slow death with against a good team. NCSt had a good chance of a tie on that last drive... Why did the secondary play soft when it made them look impotent??? Given... we can play the run quite well (GTec). Yes, I don't understand the mindset of the coaches this year... they seem to be playing as a turtle with its head retracted half the time.

Yes, we know how some Clemson fans are idiots.

Nov 9, 2017, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Clemson lost the best player in college football ]

They come up with elaborate delusions which ignore the obvious. Our coaches as a crew are one of the best in the country yet our fans easily point out how they are ####### up our team and this season. We've lost one game yet all helll has been turned loose on their process.

Here you are describing how some of our fans have decided we can't win the NCG with a new NC trophy sitting in our case and hasn't had time to collect dust yet. Sure, all those explanations sound considerable, sure it's easy to look back on anything that works out wrong and say I would have done it differently. It's not as if any of us can argue with that because only a fool does something twice the same way and expects a different outcome the second time.

All you can say if those fans had the power to decide which QB would have played Cuse in the second half is that it would have been different. Those fans may be dumb enough to think that 'different,' means that we would have won. Sure, they are passionate, the loss hurt and perhaps in a fit of emotions they conceive the idea that they would have won that game by playing another QB. That's quite a leap, it's all the way across logic because doing something differently the second time doesn't ensure the outcome will be anything but different. Unless they have crystal balls they can't say different would be better or worse. Even if it's better that doesn't mean it's going to be the desired outcome, just better than the first trial.

That shoots their entire argument up a pig's asz so all their elaborate descriptions and precise details are worth squat. It's more faith than reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, we know how some Clemson fans are idiots.

Nov 9, 2017, 9:51 PM

I think one thing our staff can be legitimately criticized for is staying with KB against Syracuse long after any layman could see he wasn't going to be good enough to lead us to a win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, we know how some Clemson fans are idiots.

Nov 9, 2017, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Yes, we know how some Clemson fans are idiots. ]

Or maybe it's just that some fans haven't deified Dabo, and don't act like he can do no wrong. We can acknowledge that he's a great coach & still recognize mistakes. That doesn't make me less of a fan. The entire country could tell KB should have been pulled early in that Cuse game. It was obvious. Not even getting into whether it would have made a difference, he should have given HJ a shot. And if/when the tigers come upon a stout team in the playoffs, we are going to be in trouble. The fact that you can't see that baffles me.
These rinky dink runs with KB are going to get stuffed, & KB being 0'fer on passes over 15 yds is a huge concern.

Wouldn't it be nice if HJ got some PT in a few games, just in case?? He couldn't have been any worse that ZC, my God. But to sit there and call fellow fans idiots because we don't gush over ever move Dabo makes, that's stupid. Unless we have some magical game plan for the playoffs, we are going to get stomped. When the box is stacked 9 deep in the playoffs, and KB has to beat a very good team with his arm, are you seriously confident that he will be able to? Dude can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Yes, KB gives us the best chance to win, but it'd be nice to have a backup plan down the road, like having a young gunslinger with a bit of experience take a shot if things get dicey. Instead, that's not really an option. TF out of here with that garbage. Sorry I'm not a sunshine pumper, but I can root for them and still acknowledge their faults. #### near lost that NC St game b/c of #### poor play calling; couldn't get 3 yards on 2 plays, and it nearly cost them their season.

Point is, they make some of this harder than it has to be. Give the ball to ETN twice, I guarantee he gets those yards. DW4 made a lot of our coaches look really good, sorry if you don't like someone daring to say "that was stupid." Our coaches aren't perfect, I don't expect them to be, but some of you have your head in the clouds, acting like he can do no wrong.

Fans irrationally ##### and whine about everything

Nov 9, 2017, 8:43 PM

This is not unique to our fanbase. Go look at every top team's fans, they all have something to complain about. To somehow act like Clemson fans are unhappy with their coaching situation, or to imply it, over this is just trying to stir some crap up.
Have the same 4 callers stopped calling into Walt's show, and he needs 4 more? He does relate best with the "lunatic fringe".

I'd say Walt is off his rocker as usual.

Nov 9, 2017, 10:59 PM

nm

Re: "There is a segment of Clemson fans that doesn't like the WAY Clemson is winning." - Walt

Nov 9, 2017, 11:01 PM

I think all canvases have a segment who will complain about anything,

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,629
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic