Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is a sector of Clemson Fans that are destroying......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

There is a sector of Clemson Fans that are destroying......

Jun 10, 2012, 11:36 AM

There is a sector of Clemson Fans that are destroying the image of the Clemson fan base. Instead of supporting our coaches, players and our school........They somehow get enjoyment out of tearing down anything Clemson related. How can any so called Clemson fan start digging into the personal life of our coaches and start spreading it around it an effort to try and get the coach fired. Example Coach Leggett, he has come under so much fire the past 5 years about his personal life. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that a Clemson fan was the one who burnt Coach Leggett's house down while he was away a few years ago. Clemson fans are the ones who tried in vain to get Coach Leggett fired due to his beliefs. They are the ones that were calling into talk shows, posting all over the web spreading as much dirt they could to get him fired.

As for Coach Swiney, Terry Don and others at Clemson. Some fans will do anything they can to get rid of them to even making up lies about them. TDP is on the verge of moving Clemson to the next level while ensuring Clemson is not left behind when it comes to football discussions. Coach Swiney I feel is an up and coming coach, look what he has done in 3 years at Clemson. Yea he has not won a national championship but how many coaches in the country can say they have won a national championship in their first 3 years of head coaching?

I have friends all over the US and took pride in them saying how great the Clemson fans are. Now all I hear is how terrible the Clemson fans have become. From " dang, you guys want to fire your coaches every year" to "clemson fans are a bunch of whiny #### fans". National media has picked up on this image of Clemson fans which take shots at us every chance they get.

The Clemson family image is no more, its been replaced by a divided fan base.

I guess you can call me a Clemson "sunshine pumper" even though I do not agree with ever thing going on at Clemson and some of the decisions being made. I remember some words my grandmother told me one day....... "How do you expect someone to grow up and be great if you only want to talk about their faughts. A little praise can go along way in lifting someone up so they would want to achive even higher goals"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

No it has not.

Jun 10, 2012, 11:51 AM

It's just been tainted. You can't destroy something as strong as the Clemson bond.

One day someone will post "Fire Dabo," with a list of half true data with missing factors then the next day their scok will post "My God, you guys want to fire your coach every year.

That is the function old wives who spin webs of deceit and discord to disrupt brotherhood and harmony. That is all some have to live for. It's pretty sad when you consider someone is that depraved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a sector of Clemson Fans that are destroying......

Jun 10, 2012, 12:17 PM

I'm on here regularly. I don't ever remember JL's personal life coming up. Now team performance, recruiting, and coaching fundamentals come up frequently and heatedly here on both sides

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2012, 12:20 PM

Guess you never read post by beaverdam and his many other handles here on Tigernet who has been trying to get Legget fired for many years.

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

Jun 10, 2012, 12:25 PM

must not have. I dont remember it. to be lunt I'm pretty careful about who I read here. if it is a coot or someone with an axe to grind and I recall them I tend to skip them. JL's personal life just isnt something I know much about or care to

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here ... I know nothing about about JL's personal

Jun 10, 2012, 2:18 PM

life. Now, his on-field stuff ... yes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 10, 2012, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: There is a sector of Clemson Fans that are destroying...... ]

Is he the one who was claiming that Jack is an atheist?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes .....

Jun 10, 2012, 12:44 PM

Yes, he owns restaraunts and a cabinet maker company up in NC. He is an IPTAY member but you would not have guessed it by all the craps he post about anything Clemson related.

He has wanted Leggett fired every since Coach Leggett did not offer a scholarship to a catcher who went on to play for East Carolina. Supposely this catcher was the son of one of his clients who he had promised would get a scholarship from Clemson.

Jun 10, 2012, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: There is a sector of Clemson Fans that are destroying...... ]

I have been on almost everyday and I cannot recall a single post by anyone named "beaverdam". Nor have I ever seen anything personal about JL or his beliefs.

Have you ever been on any other teams message boards?

Jun 10, 2012, 12:23 PM

Everyone says alot more when they can type it without anyone knowing who they are.

Do we really want to be like "other fan bases"?***

Jun 10, 2012, 4:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whining about whiners

Jun 10, 2012, 12:40 PM

Awesome

Fan in short for Fanatic........

Jun 10, 2012, 12:43 PM

I like to refer to myself as a Clemson Man not a Clemson fan. The true fanatic makes up less than 10% of the Clemson family, although they flood the airwaves and internet sites with toxic spew. I wouldn't trade my Clemson ring for 3 college world series rings, or one 4th place SEC ring, or the ring from Lord of the Rings. Point being it's the lunatic fringe making noise, but it's the Clemson family that cheers, supports, and truly cares when it comes down to it.

Amen Brother!***

Jun 10, 2012, 12:52 PM

Exactly....

Jun 10, 2012, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Fan in short for Fanatic........ ]

"Point being it's the lunatic fringe making noise, but it's the Clemson family that cheers, supports, and truly cares when it comes down to it. "

Re: Fan in short for Fanatic........

Jun 10, 2012, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Fan in short for Fanatic........ ]

That's ridiculous...I graduated from Clemson but by god Im not gonna just cheer and not voice my opinion when I see major issues within our administration and athletic department!

Jun 10, 2012, 12:52 PM

> There is a sector of Clemson Fans that are destroying
> the image of the Clemson fan base. Instead of
> supporting our coaches, players and our
> school........They somehow get enjoyment out of
> tearing down anything Clemson related. How can any so
> called Clemson fan start digging into the personal
> life of our coaches and start spreading it around it
> an effort to try and get the coach fired. Example
> Coach Leggett, he has come under so much fire the
> past 5 years about his personal life. I wouldn't be
> shocked to hear that a Clemson fan was the one who
> burnt Coach Leggett's house down while he was away a
> few years ago. Clemson fans are the ones who tried in
> vain to get Coach Leggett fired due to his beliefs.
> They are the ones that were calling into talk shows,
> posting all over the web spreading as much dirt they
> could to get him fired.
>
> As for Coach Swiney, Terry Don and others at Clemson.
> Some fans will do anything they can to get rid of
> them to even making up lies about them. TDP is on the
> verge of moving Clemson to the next level while
> ensuring Clemson is not left behind when it comes to
> football discussions. Coach Swiney I feel is an up
> and coming coach, look what he has done in 3 years at
> Clemson. Yea he has not won a national championship
> but how many coaches in the country can say they have
> won a national championship in their first 3 years of
> head coaching?
>
> I have friends all over the US and took pride in them
> saying how great the Clemson fans are. Now all I hear
> is how terrible the Clemson fans have become. From "
> dang, you guys want to fire your coaches every year"
> to "clemson fans are a bunch of whiny #### fans".
> National media has picked up on this image of
> f Clemson fans which take shots at us every chance
> they get.
>
> The Clemson family image is no more, its been
> replaced by a divided fan base.
>
> I guess you can call me a Clemson "sunshine pumper"
> even though I do not agree with ever thing going on
> at Clemson and some of the decisions being made. I
> remember some words my grandmother told me one
> day....... "How do you expect someone to grow up and
> be great if you only want to talk about their
> faughts. A little praise can go along way in lifting
> someone up so they would want to achive even higher
> goals"

You nailed it ---- A BIG AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 10, 2012, 1:44 PM

I think the problem is that people will blurt statements that used to be only discussed among a close group of friends. I will use the ACC controversy as an example. There is a CONSTANT barrage of negative posts about the ACC. Result: Recruit/recruit parent reads posts. Recruit goes elsewhere. Support for school goes down. Money given goes down. Result: We suck even worse. And God forbid that you EVER say anything positive about the team, school, conference,- then you're a "sunshine pumper."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches have to over come......

Jun 10, 2012, 1:51 PM

Coaches jobs become harder when they have to constantly fight off the negativity surrounding their program from its fans. You are correct, recruits and their families check out Tigernet and see the vile constantly being posted. As a recruit or parent, why would you want to be a part of something with so much negativity? The media and fellow coaches check out this site and use it against us.

We do have alot of fans who are assshat d-bags,but

Jun 10, 2012, 2:10 PM

there's nothing we can do about that.Ignore them,and use them as a reminder to not be an assshat.

Re: Coaches have to over come......

Jun 10, 2012, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Coaches have to over come...... ]

and all schools have web sites that do the same thing. most coaches don't even get on these boards, they are by fans, for fans, and of the fans. you can also go to the sports editorial section and get the same things, only more eloquent and the spelling is better. negativity amongst sports fans have been around for as long as the sports themselves, one just has to have thick skin to repeatedly indulge on the message boards.

On the upside,it's good comedy.I lmao everytime

Jun 10, 2012, 2:17 PM

I log in here...some people are just idiots I guess,or coots stirring it up.

Re: On the upside,it's good comedy.I lmao everytime

Jun 10, 2012, 2:24 PM

i tend to agree, but i just can't seem to get enough of it.i'm either a glutton for punishment or helping to create the situation, one or the other,i guess (or both.)

I challenge you to provide a link to 1 recruit that decided

Jun 10, 2012, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Coaches have to over come...... ]

not to attend a certain school b/c of a fan message board. Honestly any kid making decisions based on message boards isn't a kid I want at Clemson, because he is fickle and irrational and likely be a head ache for coaches.

If I'm a recruit reading TNET my take away would be, "man, those folks love Clemson and want to win."

Re: I challenge you to provide a link to 1 recruit that decided

Jun 10, 2012, 4:05 PM

to bad you hate clemson and its coaches. it is very evident

I love people making stupid comments like that. Riddle me

Jun 10, 2012, 4:11 PM

this smart guy. If I "hate" Clemson, why do I advocate for certain coaches to be fired and replaced by more successful coaches?

If I were a coot I'd be the biggest pumper on TNET. I'd want Jack & Dabo to have lifetime contracts!!

Mr. Research ha ha ha

Jun 10, 2012, 7:48 PM [ in reply to I challenge you to provide a link to 1 recruit that decided ]

Why

Show you that you are wrong and you start calling people names.

When
Yesterday when you said you wanted to see that the ACC is the worst it has ever been. You had done the research,

You are a #######.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Support is lost by losing, support is gained by winning.***

Jun 10, 2012, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: There is a sector of Clemson Fans that are destroying...... ]

Re: Support is lost by losing, support is gained by winning.***

Jun 10, 2012, 4:18 PM

A positive attitude promotes winning. A negative attitude promotes losing. It is a chicken and egg thing. However, based on history: Even if you're losing you should keep a positive attitude that things are going to change, and you will start winning. Otherwise, you've already lost.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Zig Ziglar. There is positive then there is ....

Jun 10, 2012, 5:04 PM

rainbows and unicorns. And being a realist is not the same as being negative. Pumpers don't understand balance, nor the difference in being honest and realistic versus negativity.

Jun 10, 2012, 2:33 PM

a lot of "i think" and "i believe"...in this post

you have an opinion...others have theirs...

i am a Clemson fan...that means i want Clemson to be the best that it can be REGARDLESS of who is in charge

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

simple statement that 99% believe. problems arise when

Jun 10, 2012, 2:58 PM

fans take the next step. publicly beating up coaches, student athletes, etc. is where the destruction begins. these type of fans have a Professional Athletic team mentality. this is college and their retoric does not belong here

Re: simple statement that 99% believe. problems arise when

Jun 10, 2012, 7:38 PM

i think that unbridled hope and enthusiasm despite results can hurt a program as well...

the kids should be off limits

after all...they chose to go to Clemson as we did

much of the admin, coaches, etc. cannot say the same

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The BOT, AD, Prez, and coaches probably don't check Tnet

Jun 10, 2012, 2:39 PM

before making important decisions. We may be overstating our importance. The coaches and players probably don't even read TigerNet much. I'm like Sgt Tiger - Tnet is extremely entertaining, except for so many personal attacks and back and forth insults, but even those are humerous sometimes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2012, 2:50 PM

Great Post. Thank You.

CLEMSAM

Destroying the image of the fan base; kind of like this post***

Jun 10, 2012, 2:58 PM

Nope its Joey Batson

Jun 10, 2012, 3:03 PM

who is destroying Clemson football

Re: Nope its Joey Batson

Jun 10, 2012, 3:07 PM

we put too many players in the nfl for that to be right. i've seen pro football publications about how texas' (ut) players were the most un-ready for pro ball. i have never seen that written, or heard it spoken, about clemson's players going onto the next level.

Jun 10, 2012, 3:12 PM

Do you understand why we struggle to run block and tackle? This is a direct correlation to improper sqauts and power cleans. Olympic style lifts are bein proven more and more better at preparing athletes for the game of football.

Jun 10, 2012, 3:18 PM

my guess would be technique and desire. these kids have been lifting since they were in hs,or before. we have too many hits where we don't wrap up, instead we try to make a sportscenter top 10 hit, and as far as the blocking, i can (almost) promise you that woffords kids weren't as physically strong as ours,yet we allowed them to get off our blocks,repeatedly. this goes beyond the s&c program.

Jun 10, 2012, 3:22 PM

Ok..The ability to roll your hips is created through weight training

Jun 10, 2012, 3:29 PM

i'm not saying that we couldn't improve in that area, but i could also say that about all areas. do we need a new s&c coach? i'm not 100% sure, but i do know that we have to improve on the how we execute. i think we'll see some improvement in the o-line just due to the fact that this will be rc's second year coaching (and more talent to work with), and with bv's track record i'll venture to say that we will improve on tackling as well.

Jun 10, 2012, 3:35 PM

I wont discredit coaching...I agree on both points of Robbie Caldwell and Venables will adda boost in those areas no doubt

The only fans hurting Clemson are the ones that accept

Jun 10, 2012, 3:19 PM

mediocrity. The ones that enable mediocrity and don't demand accountability.

EVERY fan base has people that are apathetic and enablers, and those that demand better. Those two groups will always be at odds.

^^^fire Clemson, off with their heads!***

Jun 10, 2012, 3:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only fans hurting Clemson are the ones that accept

Jun 10, 2012, 3:40 PM [ in reply to The only fans hurting Clemson are the ones that accept ]

groundhog day

dont you mean jacka*s day?***

Jun 10, 2012, 7:23 PM

Re: The only fans hurting Clemson are the ones that accept

Jun 10, 2012, 3:51 PM [ in reply to The only fans hurting Clemson are the ones that accept ]

well said... we must demand better if we are get back to where we should be!! and YES it starts with our lack of a good S & C program!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LCR- Some of us just wanna win.

Jun 10, 2012, 5:04 PM [ in reply to The only fans hurting Clemson are the ones that accept ]

I'm glad I found someone who actually cares about wins and loses.

Are you the TN Clown for today?***

Jun 10, 2012, 5:46 PM

null

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo.

Jun 10, 2012, 4:57 PM

Well put.

It's simple

Jun 10, 2012, 5:16 PM

some people are just ignorant morons. Every fan base has them- even Clemson. And TDP, Dabo, etc. understand this. Just be thankful we don't have that 'Bama fan Mr. Updyke rooting for the Tigers.

And besides, you can't argue with stupid!

Those that think we should get rid of Dabo

Jun 10, 2012, 6:43 PM

are just as moronic as those thinking we should sign him to long term deals.

At this point in his career, he's shown that he has what it takes to be a great coach. But he's also shown mistakes... mistakes that if not corrected, will place him right on the hot seat.

Lowcountry_Raconteur Blue Caddy etc etc

Jun 10, 2012, 7:12 PM

Want Dabo fired. Actualy they want every coach and admin fired at Clemson. When we hire new coaches, as soon as they lose they first game, they should be fired also!

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic