Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching ESPN First Take...and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,323

Watching ESPN First Take...and

Oct 27, 2014, 11:40 AM

They just pondered the question of how Clemson hasn't won a National Title because of how Martavis Bryant, Sammy Watkins, Nuk Hopkins and Andre Ellington have been playing recently. Implied that Tajh was pretty good too.

Am I the only one that feel like as a program we've always been 1 key area away every year. Like...what if we had this Defense 2yrs ago when we still had Nuk, Ellington, Boyd, Watkins, Bryant and Jaron Brown on Offense with Dalton Freeman as Center.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were a play or two away...

Oct 27, 2014, 11:43 AM

signed - Tommy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same thing this year....

Oct 27, 2014, 11:43 AM

Weve got the D, but the O was not ready when we needed them.

Honestly, I think we would be in the conversation this year if we wouldve made a FG in Tally, but like you said, One piece away..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are only a few schools that get it all lined up

Oct 27, 2014, 11:44 AM

each year. Add to that you have to get a few bounces go your way it makes winning a national championship incredibliy difficult. Most schools never have everything line to have a offense and defense line up for a championship. I think we are close. The recruiting is there, but guys have to pan out, and there has to be minimal injuries.

The scholarship reductions post 80's

Oct 27, 2014, 11:44 AM

have made it hard to get both sides of the ball clicking at the same time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Because we don't have 4 or 5 ranked opponents to play like

Oct 27, 2014, 11:48 AM

SEC teams do. With FSU and us in the same division there is no showdown games. No way to move us up or down within a range if we win or lose.

We get the benefit of not playing big games in the ACC except for FSU but we don't get the benefit teams in the SEC get from having so many showdown games which can open doors on multiple Saturdays. We only have one chance and Clemson schedule will always have FSU early.

Here we are waiting on a showdown in Louisville this Thursday. Then what? When is the next big showdown weekend for our division of the ACC?

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As much as I hate to say it,

Oct 27, 2014, 11:49 AM

coaching might have something to do with it.

Well it it true it has put us in a position to be an elite

Oct 27, 2014, 11:52 AM

team. And we have done well. But now is the time to take the next step.

Dabo is still building up experience.

Oct 27, 2014, 11:55 AM

With that team we had in 2011-2012, an experienced coach could have possibly won the entire thing. That loss to GT in 2011, the Orange Bowl loss and recent losses to FSU and USC shows Dabo is still learning. But we have made great strides no doubt about it. Just time to piece everything together like y'all said.

They don't get how hard it is to win a NC

Oct 27, 2014, 11:52 AM

Look at all the NFL talent that came out of Miami in the late 90s and 2000s. They won 1 NC from 92 on.

"There is just so much parody in the ACC"

Oct 27, 2014, 11:54 AM

~CTB

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy. All those are offensive names.***

Oct 27, 2014, 11:57 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,323
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic