Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"There are no offers, no discussions and we are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,360

"There are no offers, no discussions and we are

Jun 14, 2012, 11:21 AM

concentrating on being the best we can in the ACC."

Wilkins ain't an idiot. No way he would say this if "unofficial" discussions were being held by surrogates or anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same with the aTm and Mizzou BoTs. Where do people

Jun 14, 2012, 11:43 AM

get these crazy ideas from?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to where they stated it as emphatically as Wilkins?***

Jun 14, 2012, 11:46 AM

nm

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not right now. I'm reading where Wilkins said we will

Jun 14, 2012, 11:48 AM

have to consider offers if they're made from one of his earlier comments.

I'm sure that's still true as it's always been true and

Jun 14, 2012, 11:53 AM

always will.

Re: Link to where they stated it as emphatically as Wilkins?***

Jun 14, 2012, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Link to where they stated it as emphatically as Wilkins?*** ]

Here you go"

“No, no, no, no, there’s not truth to that,” Alden said during Saturday morning’s football scrimmage. “Our priority is the Big 12.”

“It’s frustrating because we’ve got a great league,” Alden said Saturday morning. “It’s frustrating and distracting.”

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/08/13/mike-alden-denies-missouris-rumored-sec-move/

How much more emphatical would you like?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks***

Jun 14, 2012, 2:17 PM

disagree. his statements leave room that something is still

Jun 14, 2012, 11:52 AM

going on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

LOL, now if he had said 1001%...***

Jun 14, 2012, 11:53 AM

Again, regardless of how carefully he worded it, his intent

Jun 14, 2012, 12:09 PM [ in reply to disagree. his statements leave room that something is still ]

and the message he conveyed was clear: We are not considering a move to the Big 12 - there has been no discussion of it and no contact, official or otherwise - now everybody needs to stop talking about it. Look at the headline "Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk"; do you think that headline just happened by accident? No - that was the message, so in effect, that was what he said.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Again, regardless of how carefully he worded it, his intent

Jun 14, 2012, 1:49 PM

where did he say those things? Only thing he said was "we are in the ACC. We need to focus on making the ACC better. etc"

Nothing about not considering a move.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would hope not, but that is what concerns me. Regardless

Jun 14, 2012, 12:03 PM

of how he worded it, he wants everybody to think that we are not going to the Big 12; in effect that is what he is saying. If we do go, there have definitely been discussions and he would be aware of them, he would be straight-up lying, plain and simple. If we don't go, somebody else is lying.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think he knows as does everyone, hopefully, that it

Jun 14, 2012, 12:12 PM

could evolve into a positive move at some point, two months from now or two years from now. Who knows? I'm thinking it won't happen but it could one day.

Message was edited by: josephg®

Disagree....

Jun 14, 2012, 12:53 PM

He must lay down a consistent "deniability" story to protect our interest against a possible ACC suit IF something does indeed happen downstream. This is no different than what Texas A&M did or what coaches do. IMO, its highly likely there have been "unofficial" discussions. Why make the original statement a few weeks ago?(CLEM keeping an open mind). Why meet with the coaches now?

Wilken's statement doesn't change anything. By what it doesn't say (look at the words he doesn't use)..it gives CLEM much flexibility downstream. Who knows if there will be a change eventually...but this statement is smartly done. I would be shocked if an attorney didn't advise him before he issued it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to A&M BOT Chairman with such a

Jun 14, 2012, 1:32 PM

emphatic statement about remaining in Big 12?

Cute...nice try.....link to Tex. A&M prez statement ....

Jun 14, 2012, 2:12 PM

As you know.....the main spokesman for A&M during their whole change process was their president...not the chairman of their BOT (like appears to be the case with CLEM). So your request isn't valid. Is Loftin's response below emphatic enough for you?

The point of my post was Wilken's statement was smart and give CLEM plenty of room and protection IF a move was neccesary downstream.

"At that time Loftin issued a letter addressed to “The Aggie Family” on A&M’s decision to remain in the Big 12.In the letter he said by remaining a member of the Big 12: “We were able to more than double our financial return to the levels being offered by other conferences.”He added that: “I understand that some Aggies are disappointed, but I am confident this decision will serve Texas A&M well in the years to come. As athletic director Bill Byrne and I stated numerous times throughout this process, our hope and desire was for the Big 12 to continue. And we both agree that this is an exciting, new day for our league.”
Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/08/13/1692330/texas-am-mulls-moving-to-sec-florida.html#storylink=cpy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks***

Jun 14, 2012, 2:16 PM

Re: Disagree....

Jun 14, 2012, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Disagree.... ]

Wilkins is an attorney

Re: Disagree....

Jun 14, 2012, 1:44 PM

Doesn't matter...I would expect CLEM attorney to review

Why did he need the coaches opinion on making a move?***

Jun 14, 2012, 1:38 PM

LOL***

Jun 14, 2012, 2:16 PM

Maybe not an idiot but certainly math challenged***

Jun 14, 2012, 1:40 PM

The only reason i sat not a done deal

Jun 14, 2012, 1:55 PM

To BIG XII, he didnt say, "trust me" to closethe statement

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,360
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic