Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Davis stepping out of his big brother’s shadow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Feb 18, 2011, 12:26 PM

Stephenson (Stone Mountain, Ga.) junior Mike Davis wants to make a name for himself, and not be just known as former Tiger running back James Davis’ little brother. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Davis stepping out of his big brother’s shadow

Feb 18, 2011, 12:34 PM

I would rather hear "Wants to follow in big brothers footsteps."

It is for this reason.....

Feb 18, 2011, 12:48 PM

that I think Clemson's chances of landing this young man are remote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Completely agree. He is not coming to Clemson.***

Feb 18, 2011, 12:59 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you could be right

Feb 18, 2011, 1:14 PM

but it is probably a little early to surrender here. who knows what he may want to do when it gets down to the end in recruiting. there is what you tell the media and what you really want. I wouldn't write him off just yet

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you could be right

Feb 18, 2011, 1:29 PM

I wouldn't write off Dabo just yet. But I do think that by not having a house whole name running backs coach is going to hurt us down the road. We need a running backs coach that has put numbers in the NFL....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

honest question, excluding burns and powell for obvious

Feb 18, 2011, 1:36 PM

reasons, can you name the top 5 'household name' rb coaches you'd like to see at clemson.

it is the easiest position to make an immediate impact in college football as a true freshman for very good reasons.

run, catch, hold onto the ball, block and know your assignments; all things a wr is responsible for as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

furthermore,

Feb 18, 2011, 1:40 PM

if you have a cj or jd or a mike b for that matter the nfl will come calling regardless of who there coach is. Good coaching is important, but natural ability is more important. just sayn'.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: honest question, excluding burns and powell for obvious

Feb 18, 2011, 1:47 PM [ in reply to honest question, excluding burns and powell for obvious ]

Good question, and I will answer as honestly as I can. I don't have a clue to who Dabo should have hired for that position. I'm hoping that Morrris will be a big help in that process....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don't have a clue about which RB coaches Dabo

Feb 18, 2011, 2:55 PM

should have hired. Can you just name 5 household name RB coaches period?

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

As long as he doesn't go to USuC, idc.***

Feb 18, 2011, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Completely agree. He is not coming to Clemson.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I agree....I think he wants to make a name for himself***

Feb 18, 2011, 3:03 PM [ in reply to It is for this reason..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are a lot, lot worse things in life than being known

Feb 18, 2011, 1:51 PM

as "James Davis's little brother". Little bro should be proud.

Two pretty obvious facts here: 1. He wants to go to UGa, 2.

Feb 18, 2011, 1:56 PM

He doesn't wat to come here and be compared to JD like he has his whole life so far!

Honestly, the kid is good, but not great. And we have built a reputation for getting great RB and putting them in the NFL. IMO, we can do MUCH better!

He is going to UGA. My 2 cents***

Feb 18, 2011, 2:00 PM

Re: Two pretty obvious facts here: 1. He wants to go to UGa, 2.

Feb 21, 2011, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Two pretty obvious facts here: 1. He wants to go to UGa, 2. ]

i'm with you, Caddy. is he getting a lot of attention because of his older brother?? is he getting a lot of attention because his team is stacked with D1 talent? these things make me weary... but could he be as good or better than his brother? sure, and i would love for him to follow in his big brother's footsteps

I wouldn't quit on him yet

Feb 18, 2011, 2:01 PM

Dabo can sell the program very well and this happens with some kids but they end up where they feel comfortable and we all know he has been to Clemson plenty of times already. I remember the beginning of last year Shamier Jeffrey was saying the same type things about how he wanted to make a name for himself and not fall in his brothers footsteps but he ended up at USC w/ Alshon.

Nice article David Hood

Feb 18, 2011, 6:56 PM

Thanks

Re: Mike Davis stepping out of his big brother’s shadow

Feb 20, 2011, 7:28 PM

Thing I don't understand is a week ago he says he was waithing for ugay, the in-state school to offer, and he seemed so excited, then he goes to UF and immediately commits. He seems very fickle, but he is very young, and he is just now getting som attention from the bigboys. He should not discard us yet. We are in very god shape to offer facilities, fan base and draft status, too. Hope he rethinks his position. He could come to Clemson and have immediate status. At UF, he won't be welcomed the same way as he would here, at least not at first. It will be up to him as to what he does at this level, but he shouldn't be foolish and not look this way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic