Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all you anti booing fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

For all you anti booing fans

Oct 15, 2017, 9:11 AM

Let me put it into perspective... we are not booing the players/kids, or the coaches. We are booing the decisions. Some of us believe there was a better decision that could of been made.

1. Hunter Johnson less touches higher numbers and more touchdowns than Cooper, and in my opinion more accurate. Why not put the best pocket passer in his class in when we are WRU?

2. Like it or not this game looked like the movie “The Little Giants” And Syracuse was just that. Clemson I’m 90% sure was looking ahead and forward to a bye week and time off.

3. FG’s, FG’s, FG’s...... FIELD GOALS! That also cost us the game. It was not all on Spence though.

We just were not well prepared and I do believe Dabo didn’t have the guys ready. This could be a good thing just like 2016. But the decisions do need to be better. The numbers do not lie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Justify all you want....

Oct 15, 2017, 9:13 AM

But for me....booing is never "okay"

Re: Justify all you want....

Oct 15, 2017, 9:16 AM

If someone makes a boneheaded obvious wrong decision that everyone can see.. and numbers prove it was not the way to go.. I believe you are allowed to disagree and boo that decision. You have to have a little common sense. ??????

I happen to disagree.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:18 AM

They can't interpret why you are booing.

But to each his own.....I don't even boo when the opposing team comes out....because without competition what would be the point of football.

Re: I happen to disagree.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:22 AM

Agreed with the not booing when the opponent comes out. Same here on that, never have. Just no that the booing by the majority is not meaning to be disrespectful towards the team/coach, but instead to point out the obvious of what was not noticed/done for some unknown reason.

Re: Justify all you want....

Oct 15, 2017, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Justify all you want.... ]

I believe we have coaches who have proven many, many times that they are very capable of making decisions regarding the game. Booing serves NO useful purpose except to displays ones emotions. Leave the booing at home and support the entire team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro games, yes. College, no way. I understood this as an 18

Oct 15, 2017, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Justify all you want.... ]

year old freshman at Clemson in 1977. At 58 years of age, it is still true.

This.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Justify all you want.... ]

The only times that I boo at games are when refs make really bad calls. If they make correct calls, I don't.

I have never booed at our players and our coaches.

There is no reason to boo our current situation.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:17 AM

Our program is too solid to boo right now. It shows a lack of perspective of the big picture.

Exactly***

Oct 15, 2017, 9:23 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's never OK to boo Clemson at a Football Game

Oct 15, 2017, 9:22 AM

Never.

Booing makes Clemson fans look classless.

It doesn't matter how justified you feel, it still looks bad.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's never OK to boo Clemson at a Football Game

Oct 15, 2017, 9:30 AM

I never boo at all. But I do cuss and question a lot of decisions like ###!? Lol I would agree booing is not right but I think a lot of the fans are just frustrated with the decisions. But the booing makes it look otherwise which isn’t good I agree.

Booing is for idiots and losers.***

Oct 15, 2017, 9:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For all the "so called" booing fans...

Oct 15, 2017, 9:31 AM

Get over yourselves. For those of you that are Clemson fans. How about for a moment appreciate...

-We are 6-1.
-Only 3 loses in the last 3 years. One of those to Alabama.
-We are defending National Champions
-Back to back appearances in the National Championship game
-We have had 6 10+ win seasons in a row, 7th very much in play
-Recruiting at a level we have never seen.

Better enjoy the journey. Just sayin. For Coots posing as Clemson fans, Boo at will. Just make sure the person in front of you doesn't think you are booing their decision to Super Size.

Re: For all you anti booing fans

Oct 15, 2017, 9:36 AM

Could you please sen your resume to the athletic department I'm sure that after two losses in two years they are ready to clean house and start over. You must be a great coach to know more than our staff who beat Ohio State 31-0 in the semi-finals and Alabama the greatest team in football history in the championship. For you to know more than our staff you must be able to walk on water.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:36 AM

Perception is reality. No one can decipher why you are booing but the perception is often that you're booing 18-20 year olds or our coaches who just won a National Championship and are currently 6-1. Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

Booing is not OK at any non professional

Oct 15, 2017, 9:37 AM

sporting event, unless you are booing the referees for a bad call.

Yes, fans get mad at coaches, and they may be angry enough to want to boo, but it is completely disgraceful to boo at a college sporting event when the booing is directed against your own team or coaches. I was smart enough to figure this out as a freshman at Clemson in 1977, at 58 years of age today it is the same answer. Booing is for professional sports with paid athletes, it has no place at any college sporting event.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:41 AM

One has to wonder, where we would be right now if you were coaching this team. It is really easy to criticize when you have nothing invested.

How does booing our team help

Oct 15, 2017, 9:42 AM

Do you honestly believe Dabo gives a crap what a fan thinks about what play to call or what player to play. Our coaches are paid alot of money to make those decisions. Everyone has a job fans job is to help keep your team fired up and to try help disrupt other team.

Re: How does booing our team help

Oct 15, 2017, 9:52 AM

It’s like this.... Dabo is like my best friend, we’ve agreed on every decision, he’s done remarkable things for this program. But after certain decisions last Friday night I’m like.... wait a min that’s not the right way to go there. But regardless I will say one thing that I truly do believe, and that is THE BEST IS YET TO COME. I think Clemson is not at its peak and that it will be even better the next 4-5 years than were we are now which is best in history/even better 2016 good.

Oct 15, 2017, 9:53 AM

*where

Oct 15, 2017, 9:59 AM

I will also say if Dabo puts Johnson out there and he throws 3 picks and fumbles, and looks like crap. I’ll be the first one to publically eat crow even to this board as a clemson fan starting from back in 1990. I’ve been going to every Clemson game since I was 3 with my Grandmother and I still take her and she is 87 years old. And we’ve only booed at the refs bad calls, even through the Bowden era.

Oct 15, 2017, 10:04 AM

Wow, "all the way back to 1990". Try 1964. I have seen much worse and never wanted to boo my team or coaches. You, my friend, have not even seen the depths from where we have come.

Then why boo for a bad decision we all make mistakes dors not mean we need to be publicly called out***

Oct 15, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: How does booing our team help ]

You should reread this post. Read it out loud if you need to

Oct 15, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: How does booing our team help ]

Seriously. If that still doesn't work, read it to a friend. You'll understand how hilarious it is eventually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Booing at college level is cheap and isn't something I ever think us justified

Oct 15, 2017, 11:29 AM

Unless its obviously aimed at refs of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I think josephg put it succinctly and accurately......

Oct 15, 2017, 12:03 PM

"booing is for losers and idiots"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 1:41 PM

i boo the refs when they make boneheaded or crooked calls. Booing the opponent makes no sense, particularly if it is, say, the Central Michigan Chippiwas with whom we have no history and no reason at all for a grudge. No need for it. Kind of a yankee thing to do.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic