Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Welp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 113
| visibility 1

Welp

Aug 13, 2020, 2:18 PM

Here we are

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welp

Aug 13, 2020, 2:33 PM

Wearing masks had nothing to do with it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If everyone.

Aug 13, 2020, 3:13 PM

I mean everyone wore a mask for the last 4 months, we wouldn't be anywhere close to the mess we're in.

Are there other things we could have done, along the way to help? Absolutely! But make no bones about it, it starts with wearing a mask.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right.

Aug 13, 2020, 3:57 PM

EVERYONE is wearing masks in China, and they've eradicated it.

Yep ,they killed everybody that came down with it and tossed

Aug 13, 2020, 4:49 PM

their phones in the Yangtze River. 25,000,000 and counting ...I have heard...

this go debunked months ago

Aug 14, 2020, 7:56 PM

that is an exaggeration and people that did business in or traveled frequently to China had to purchase a new phone and plan when there. This is why there was a huge drop in state owned phone plans early on in the Pandemic. Most of those people were not from there and did not return for obvious reasons.

it really upsets me to see good, otherwise intelligent people spreading disinformation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're right.

Aug 13, 2020, 9:44 PM [ in reply to You're right. ]

Yeah under the threat of being shot

Re: You're right.

Aug 14, 2020, 8:05 PM [ in reply to You're right. ]

They have the vaccine.

Re: If everyone.

Aug 13, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to If everyone. ]

If everyone had taken hydroxychloroquine daily for the last four months we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. See how easy it is to say random, stupid, completely unproveable things? Stop pretending to have any clue whatsoever about what you're talking about.

Aug 14, 2020, 9:31 AM

I only regret that I can give you but one thumbs up.

Except the mask IS provable, idiot.***

Aug 14, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: If everyone. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Except the mask IS provable, idiot.***

Aug 14, 2020, 9:57 AM

No, it’s not. Find a study that meets scientific standards for medical devices. I’ve looked. There are lots of opinions from doctors and instances where this or that group wore masks and this or that group didn’t. That is not a scientific study. There has only been one and masks failed to demonstrate that their use prevented the transmission of an airborne virus.

Aug 14, 2020, 10:00 AM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

Conclusion
The study suggests that community mask use by well people could be beneficial, particularly for COVID-19, where transmission may be pre-symptomatic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2020, 10:35 AM

“The study suggests”... I’ve read this and it is based on observations not a controlled study.

Aug 14, 2020, 1:08 PM

You actually didn't read the article.

A systematic review of randomized controlled clinical trials on use of respiratory protection by healthcare workers, sick patients and community members was conducted.... A total of 19 randomised controlled trials were included in this study – 8 in community settings, 6 in healthcare settings and 5 as source control.

It isn't just "one study" but a wide review of many, many controlled study to provide a consensus.

n general, the results show protection for healthcare workers and community members, and likely benefit of masks used as source control. We found eight clinical trials (Aiello et al., 2012; Simmerman et al., 2011; Larson et al., 2010; Aiello et al., 2010; MacIntyre et al., 2009; Cowling et al., 2008, Suess et al., 2012; Cowling et al., 2009) on the use of masks in the community (Table 1 ). In the community, masks appear to be effective with and without hand hygiene, and both together are more protective (Aiello et al., 2012; Aiello et al., 2010; MacIntyre et al., 2009). However, some randomised controlled trials which measured both hand hygiene and masks measured the effect of hand hygiene alone, but not of masks alone (Simmerman et al., 2011, Cowling et al., 2009). In more than one trial, interventions had to be used within 36 hours of exposure to be effective (Cowling et al., 2009; Suess et al., 2012).

Aug 14, 2020, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Except the mask IS provable, idiot.*** ]

No. We must have the gold standard study. If its not double blind, its worthless and merely anecdotal.

Reduces, not eliminates, the virus spread.

Aug 14, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Except the mask IS provable, idiot.*** ]

If you are going by the all or nothing standard, then get a hazmat suit and SCBA

Then how come Doctors and nurses wear them during surgery?

Aug 16, 2020, 5:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Except the mask IS provable, idiot.*** ]

Precovid .....Because they offer no protection from anything ?

If you were rolled into surgery and everyone was maskless, you probably wouldn’t notice would you?

They're not wearing them to prevent transmission of respiratory viruses.

Aug 16, 2020, 9:30 AM

Do some simple research, please.

Aug 14, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Except the mask IS provable, idiot.*** ]

No it is not. Show me some stats that support your theory? Numbers not just covid transmission went down after mask were worn. Show me some hard numbers that PROVE this.

I did, above.

Aug 14, 2020, 10:57 AM

Look at other countries with citizens that actually care about others and wore masks as well.

You're a disgrace to Clemson.

Do you have a good analysis of the actions taken

Aug 14, 2020, 11:15 AM

by country and the relative adoption of those policies by their citizens, coupled with the resulting spread of the disease? I don't know what the right answer is, but when you start throwing around "You're a disgrace to Clemson" I am assuming you have some hard analysis on the different countries' activities and results.

null

Seriously?

Aug 14, 2020, 11:28 AM

Do you read what he posts? https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Welp-27629682

But here you go for some analysis: https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-opinion-coronavirus-global-face-mask-adoption/

https://www.cfr.org/in-brief/which-countries-are-requiring-face-masks

No but thanks for the links. This one is interesting:

Aug 14, 2020, 11:44 AM

The scatter chart on the bottom maps countries by "Cases per million people" and "Percentage of people who claim they wear a mask". America seems to be at 65% usage. Lower than Spain and Italy, both of whom had significantly overwhelmed medical facilities. Also lower than a lot of Asian countries, which could be a function of culture (subservient, communal) and could be a function of having been through a lot more disease issues than the west. But significantly more Americans claim to wear a mask than in the UK, Australia, France...all of Scandinavia. We seem to be slightly above Germany.

I just bristle at the "Other countries, where people care about each other, wear masks and are doing better." Americans care about everything and they care about each other. And We seem to be doing fine in the "wearing masks" area, relative to the rest of the world.

https://www.cfr.org/in-brief/which-countries-are-requiring-face-masks

null

Re: No but thanks for the links. This one is interesting:

Aug 14, 2020, 11:47 AM

You don't read a lot of peoples' posts here if you think people care about each other here.

What? TNet is the ultimate in "Caring During COVID".

Aug 14, 2020, 11:52 AM

We are all socially distancing while we yell at each other. :)

All good, soccer. I think people from every point in the political spectrum are going to be amazed at the analysis of the pandemic, the solutions, the actions, etc...once it is all done and we have a moment to breathe. I suspect we all got something wrong.

null

Absolutely.

Aug 14, 2020, 11:56 AM

But the politicization and stupidity about mask mandates is absurd. There have been studies that show they are effective at mitigating water droplet spread. Even the common sense test passes that.

Add in social distancing, avoiding large gatherings - especially indoors, and frequent hand washing.

But do those things, and there has been verified success at mitigating spread. And do it long enough, then guess the #### what, we won't have to wear masks anymore! It's not a political thing here, and all the ones I've called dumb or insulted in this thread are attempting to do that.

I'm amazed by the people who continue to deny the

Aug 14, 2020, 2:28 PM

efficacy of masks, social distancing, etc.

Not only should it be common sense, but we also have many studies documenting the fact that they work.

I blame social media and propaganda news sources for brainwashing otherwise smart, reasonable people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Lol. China had 100% vivid cases

Aug 14, 2020, 11:40 AM [ in reply to I did, above. ]

Every 1 got sick and survived or died. New cases are naturally going to be low.

Now they wear masks. These are true facts so the narrative becomes

"China is making their citizens wear masks and have less cases than us. Stats don't lie bro. You're an embarrassment"

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I did, above.

Aug 14, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I did, above. ]

Who the hell said that masks are the reason? Maybe they just social distanced better than we do? Maybe you are just a liberal ##### who is more of a disgrace to Clemson. The more I find out about the ones of you that graduated from there and your beliefs and views I am the one who is embarrassed to be associated with ### holes like you. Take your liberal ideology and stick it up your ###.

See, Swarley.

Aug 14, 2020, 2:46 PM

Swarley

Are you really going to judge my response to this idiot?

Hey Whitehurst, not a liberal, wearing a mask isn't a "liberal ideology", and you voluntarily associate yourself with my University.

If only the Japanese had won ww2..we wouldn't

Aug 14, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: If everyone. ]

Be in the mess today

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You can't say that for sure..***

Aug 14, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to If everyone. ]

the chinese have been wearing masks since h1n1, please

Aug 14, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to If everyone. ]

explain how that is possible that new viruses have emerged there?

Aug 16, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to If everyone. ]

TigerCC® stupid remark. With no vaccine lots (many more than have had it already) of people have to get COVID before it "goes away" period. Regardless of masks, hand washing, etc. 100% mask wearing will not fix the problem - it will only drag it out longer.

True story.***

Aug 13, 2020, 2:34 PM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yet again, if 100% of all human beings wore a mask

Aug 13, 2020, 2:39 PM

and somehow actually slowed the spread, then how does that allow us to "resume normal life".

Re: Yet again, if 100% of all human beings wore a mask

Aug 13, 2020, 2:42 PM

I guess you just wear a mask and resume your normal life.

Re: Yet again, if 100% of all human beings wore a mask

Aug 14, 2020, 9:53 AM

The stated problem with hydroxychloroquine is there have been no studies that meet scientific standards to allow for its use against COVID-19. Well, there is only on study meeting those standards regarding masks stopping the transmission of viruses. Only one. It determined that masks are ineffective. Everything else is speculation and anecdotal.

You see, microorganisms such as viruses

Aug 13, 2020, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Yet again, if 100% of all human beings wore a mask ]

spread via droplets in the air. By wearing masks and maintaining a safe distance from others (e.g., six feet), the chances of that virus getting from person A to person B is significantly reduced.

If people had been consistent in wearing masks and social distancing, while minimizing encounters with others (especially not going to large gatherings), we would very likely have this virus behind us. If the virus was still present, it would be on a small scale and much more easily controlled.

I'm not sure what you are failing to understand here.

Would it be "significantly reduced" Karen? Do you know this?

Aug 13, 2020, 3:50 PM

Not just reduced, but "significantly reduced". Those darn non mask wearers are the only reason it's still spreading all over the world? Really Karen?

And "reduced".... then what, does that allow us to "resume normal life" without fear?

Then you go on to say, "the virus would be behind us" if we wore masks?? You're all over the place. Floundering as usual.

By the way, you can switch over to Bloodbekeller now. Maybe that "dude" can help.

Do you science?

Aug 13, 2020, 4:01 PM

Masks significantly reduce the transmission of COVID-19. There are multiple studies and articles about this. Here is one that summarizes a lot of the research:

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

I am confident, based on what we know at this point, that more people wearing masks would greatly reduce the spread of COVID.

Transmission occurs in two main scenarios:

1. Symptomatic COVID patients (e.g., coughing, sneezing, etc.).
2. Presymptomatic COVID patients (i.e., they don't currently have symptoms, but soon will)

The third and final category of COVID patients are asymptomatic ones. They have COVID, but never develop symptoms. These are the ones who very very rarely transmit COVID, based on evidence thus far.

But regardless, if everyone wears a mask, then transmission goes way down because people are more protected.

The goal is not necessarily to eradicate the virus, but to contain it significantly so it isn't nearly as prevalent. This is what we've done with previous nasty viruses like SARS and MERS. They still exist, but in such small numbers that they no longer pose a population-level problem (and don't require us to wear masks, distance, or alter our lives in any way).

And yes, I do blame those who aren't wearing masks for almost all of the transmission we've seen so far. Again, it isn't impossible to transmit COVID if you're wearing a mask, just as it isn't impossible to get COVID if you wear a mask, but the likelihood goes WAY down.

I'm sorry you view this as floundering. I view it as very clear-cut.

Karen, Karen, Karen...

Aug 13, 2020, 4:15 PM

Nobody, and I mean nobody is denying a mask may reduce the transmission rate.

I am not arguing that a mask can potentially trap a droplet, but, neither a N95 mask, a surgical mask, nor a cloth mask prevents the spread of respiratory viruses. That's not even their intention!

You have yet to answer how reducing it would allow us to resume normal life, like play sports.

And nice dodge on the, "it would be behind us garbage". You are again acting as if non mask wearers are solely responsible for the global spread.

I will ask again, how would masks allow us to, "resume normal life" any differently than what we're doing? How would a reduced rate eliminate the potential to spread it when playing sports?

Keep floundering and dodging. And I'm being completely serious, why isn't Bloodbekeller here helping you? You're walking a fine line Karen. It's ridiculous.

Re: Karen, Karen, Karen...

Aug 13, 2020, 7:54 PM

Your manipulation attempts are pedestrian Courageous. It’s like something a middle schooler read in an article and is trying it on the dismissive cool kids so they think he is less of a loser. That’s not my point for posting though. Rather, I thought I might try to help you. Have you considered your disdain for Judge and I is because you don’t have any friends? Seriously, hear me out. Maybe because no one even responds to you in a positive manner? Could it be that is why you want so desperately to be right with your misguided assertions about JK having two users? Or is it as simple as you are still mad that I called you out within days of your first posts with this newest Scok? It’s one or the other or, perhaps both. Would you mind saying which?

To that end, here are some facts as to why you are, well losing:

You’ve never posted, with this Scok, anything positive about Clemson University, your affiliation or interests in our programs.

You’ve never contributed to a conversation with anything more than a “prove it” tone within Mostly casual threads about any given topic - politics, culture, sports, media, etc. The key word being casual. After all, it’s a message board

You Frequently ignore responses or abandon threads when posters Call out the aforementioned.
Define frequently right? Well, you’ll have to go look at your post history yourself.

Above all, you consistently lie about this being your second user after your first got banned.

To the point about abandoned threads, I tried to help you in another one last night too, but you never responded. Please, don’t start T-mailing me again like as Courageous or the most recent one you sent me as this Scok. I can repost it if you can’t find it.

Good luck with the whole mask thing. You seem really, really taken with the subject which I assume has something to do with an intimate wrong doing to you by an Uncle or someone. Other posters have posted theories on that like partsunknown. He can elaborate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not sure you are capable of having a mature and intelligent debate.

Aug 13, 2020, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Karen, Karen, Karen... ]

At the least, you don’t seem interested in doing so.

I did tell you in my prior post how reducing COVID’s prevalence would allow us to resume normal life. Look to SARS and MERS for your example.

I didn’t dodge anything. And I’m not exclusively blaming non-mask wearers for our current situation. But I am mostly blaming them.

This whole situation has given me a lower opinion of society as a whole. It’s not hard to wear a mask and be smart about protecting yourself, your family, and others.

But again, I don’t think you are truly interested in discussing this. You have your mind made up. You don’t want to learn or consider other opinions. Your childish behavior about your made up story about meeting me is proof of that.

You aren’t fooling anyone here.

I don't think you understand what a Karen is, much like

Aug 14, 2020, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Karen, Karen, Karen... ]

you don't understand how masks reduce the transmission of an airborne virus.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, are you that idiot Savage Tiger that made those videos

Aug 14, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Karen, Karen, Karen... ]

a while back too?

That makes it even more rich how you're attempting to condescend a topic you're too stupid to understand.

Re: Wait, are you that idiot Savage Tiger that made those videos

Aug 14, 2020, 12:26 PM

Aug 14, 2020, 2:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 4:56 PM

BloodbeKeller:

JudgebeOrange:

It's comical yet sad to watch.

Aug 14, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Wait, are you that idiot Savage Tiger that made those videos ]

soccerkrzy® You made my day brother with this post!

CourageousTiger I mean SavageTiger3901 Ain’t gonna like this!!! lol

What videos?

Aug 15, 2020, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Wait, are you that idiot Savage Tiger that made those videos ]

What topic am I "attempting to condescend", and what topic am I "too stupid to understand"?

You're not making any sense. Feel free to debate any of this with more than imaginary videos and comments with no substance. And as a bonus question, why are such a bitter little guy?

Re: What videos?

Aug 15, 2020, 6:22 PM

soccerkrzy® must be another JK or BbO Scok too Aye Courageous/Savage?

Aug 15, 2020, 9:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqwPy8nyKQE

LOL, what an idiot.

Aug 15, 2020, 10:34 PM

Expos-zhaaaa!

Mods, clean it up!!!

Krzy - Nice find! It Can’t hide that Scok!

Wait, so you really think that's me or I made that video?

Aug 16, 2020, 1:18 AM

Yet again, you're not right upstairs Karen. You're obviously triggered by the "scok" issue and getting caught using multiple handles. You've been caught, and now you're desperate. The effort you're putting into trying to deflect and deny is plain as day. You've repeatedly used 3 handles in single threads, and you even openly reply to yourself. What the heck? That's not normal behavior, Karen. It's downright scary. Are you not concerned with this behavior? You pretend to be a grown, mature, stable "dude", but in reality you're a lonely woman using multiple handles on a sports message board. You talk about "exposure" while you're exposing yourself. I'll ask again, what's wrong with you? Why can't you stop yourself?

Re: Wait, so you really think that's me or I made that video?

Aug 16, 2020, 10:06 AM

Still waiting. Third handle name please.

Fourth request...

I already explained Karen. Did you forget?

Aug 16, 2020, 2:26 PM

You TDed the post, with two of your usernames. You may be bat sh!t crazy, but you ain't completely dumb. Don't play dumb on top of the obvious charade that you just keep making more obvious. I am trying to help you. You didn't seem this mentally unstable when we met, Karen. I I truly wish you would just acknowledge it and move on. Like I've said numerous times, logging into the site everyday and playing this self-pandering charade is bizarre. I don't wish mental health issues on anyone, not even a woman pretending to be a dude on a sports message board and voting yourself. That's extremely weird, but it's not like I enjoy seeing a robust Tiger fan openly suffering like this. I do wholeheartedly wonder what drives you to do this every single day. It's one thing to be lonely and in need of validation, but it's a whole different animal to log in, post in single threads with 3 usernames, replying to yourself, cycling through TDing me and randomly TUing others so you can TD me again, and then acting like you don't know what I'm talking. I mean "omg lol" this is just "wild", and your showing yourself to be a "tool".

Re: I already explained Karen. Did you forget?

Aug 16, 2020, 4:29 PM

You’ve got your hands full at home with the son, huh? What do the doctors call it? Is it a spectrum thing or worse I am guessing?

Fifth request. Username. You are 100% sure courageous so why not tag Or say the users name you are claiming is my third user. I guess you are vaggy in addition to pathetic?

Apparently you are too stupid if you cannot

Aug 15, 2020, 10:18 PM [ in reply to What videos? ]

comprehend that your attempts to call him "Karen" are an attempt to condescend. So two birds with one stone there, idiot.

Re: Apparently you are too stupid if you cannot

Aug 15, 2020, 10:29 PM

Omg, lol!!!! What a tool! That’s SavageTiger!!!! Good call krzy!!!!!

When an adult male uses words like "omg lol!", "what a tool" and "that's wild!", then

Aug 16, 2020, 1:25 AM

he's a woman.

Why do you do this to yourself, Karen? You didn't seem this emotionally disturbed when I met you.

Re: When an adult male uses words like "omg lol!", "what a tool" and "that's wild!", then

Aug 16, 2020, 10:01 AM

OMG and LOL are words or acronyms? Better call Webster again Courageous/Savage!

Such an angry and bitter little guy.***

Aug 16, 2020, 1:19 AM [ in reply to Apparently you are too stupid if you cannot ]

Not really, simply laughing at you.***

Aug 16, 2020, 11:09 AM

Re: Not really, simply laughing at you.***

Aug 16, 2020, 11:15 AM

It is quite entertaining!

Tell us more Savage/CourageousTiger!!!!

"us"

Aug 16, 2020, 2:33 PM

Cuckoo! Please Karen, YOU ARE ALONE. Nobody is in the room with you. How many times must you try to brush it off and keep doing it? You and your 3 usernames are not "us", "we", and "everyone". Really, really scary how you can't even control it. What's wrong with you? Single, lonely, a butch-ish woman wanting to be a dude, is that the cause of this charade? Was it your childhood? I am honestly intrigued about what could make someone so gosh darn desperate and nutty.

Re:

Aug 16, 2020, 4:34 PM

6th request, who is the “third” user? We know your legitimate scoks as Courageous and Savage - the video guy. Please tell the bored who is this mysterious third? The one you insinuated is not a paying member, like you so they can’t TD. Whoops, there goes another one of your pathetic theories.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/A-3rd-one-Lol***-27631901#27631901

Rent free in your p-brain. Better luck next Scok.

yes let;s all believe california universities as they have

Aug 14, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Do you science? ]

no scruples like taking payouts etc etc etc.

You don't trust the article because it's from a California

Aug 14, 2020, 2:20 PM

university?

Large gatherings such as riots?***

Aug 13, 2020, 3:56 PM [ in reply to You see, microorganisms such as viruses ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You see, microorganisms such as viruses

Aug 14, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to You see, microorganisms such as viruses ]

Yeah no one ever sticks their finger up their nose and touch other surfaces huH/ If you simply wash your hands regularly you reduce your chances of catching covid by 69.9%. See what I did there? Sounded really good but I don't have any data to back my claim. Just like you mask debaters don't either.

TNetter: "So you're saying that if I wash my hands a lot and

Aug 14, 2020, 10:53 AM

cut off 3 of my fingers, then I won't get CV19?!! OK, I'll do that right after I eat the granules out of the fish tank for breakfast!"

LOL, Whitehurst, you're too logical for these folks. When someone gives you that response for real, I hope you've got a real good Lawyer - these days you need it!

Be well.

Do you cover your mouth when you cough?

Aug 14, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: You see, microorganisms such as viruses ]

WHY?

Do you cover your nose when you sneeze? WHY?

Did you call your dentist or ER doctor a sheep for wearing a mask pre-Covid? WHY?

When your doctor prescribes you medicine, do you just take it? WHY?

Wipe your ### after you take a dump? WHY?

Why do you even think washing hands is something anyone should do? WHY?

Bathe occasionally? WHY?

Do you wear a seatbelt? WHY?

SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHY YOU DO STUFF WITH NO ABSOLUTE 100% AGREED UPON SCIENTIFIC PROOF.

What's the conspiracy, bud? Why is it that the overwhelming majority of scientists and medical professionals on planet earth are saying wearing a mask can help reduce the spread of Covid? Just to make YOU look dumb (not that you need much help)? Because they are all liberal marxists trying to get the current POTUS out of office? What's the conspiracy? Why is the entire world misleading the select few that are really in the know?

WHY?

I talk to brain dead idiots every day who tell me that

Aug 14, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to You see, microorganisms such as viruses ]

trying to stop the virus with a mask is like trying to stop sand with a chain link fence. How do people that freaking stupid make it from day to day?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dude, we have people that believe the earth is flat.

Aug 14, 2020, 11:39 AM

And people who believe this virus is a liberal hoax to take away our rights.

Both require belief that it's a world conspiracy, I genuinely have no idea how people can believe in those things.

Tell those idiots it's like the sand through a chainlink fence, but each grain of sand is attached to a marble. Which is probably a more accurate representation, because they're not 100% effective at containing every water droplet.

I understand completely how masks work and why the

Aug 14, 2020, 12:07 PM

chain link fence analogy is invalid. It's not complicated, but when I explain it to people, they don't hear a word I'm saying.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I understand completely how masks work and why the

Aug 14, 2020, 2:58 PM

Yeah, I heard that.

Meanwhile here is a "fence" to "catch" sand. They literally make those. Granted it is also to be a wind-block as well. Chainlink would kinda work too.

My personal favorite analogy is golf related and I hate golf. Ever hit a golfball through a tree. Sure, there is a LOT of space in that tree where a golfball would pass through. Heck you might see a lot of sky in the tree canopy. The chances are a good swing + missing the limbs/leaves, etc and making it through the tree is very slim.

I don't understand your point - this fence caught a dune

Aug 14, 2020, 7:18 PM

not some individual sand.

Are you unitarded?

Aug 13, 2020, 2:50 PM

Back when this thing started, weren't they telling us not to wear masks. Presumably because they didn't want the public to buy up all of the available masks. Any chance the virus got a foothold during that time?

The WHO certainly was telling us not to wear them***

Aug 13, 2020, 5:23 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Fauci said you didn't need to wear a mask as well

Aug 14, 2020, 10:55 AM

Of course, he came back about 45 days later and said that the only reason he gave that advice was to save masks for the medical front liners.

So you know, it was the Fauci two step - yes and no.

Aug 13, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Welp ]

It did. NY is a great case study. Covid ran wild in NY at first. Now they are rigorously practicing social distancing and mask wearing and the positive rate and death rate have gone down dramatically. It should be a lesson for the rest of us, but alas, it isn't.

Aug 14, 2020, 10:40 AM

Yeah everyone has left that #### hole because of the idiot dems in charge. No one left to spread said virus.

Aug 13, 2020, 3:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_iQM5x9wF8&feature=emb_title

So a video of a guy forcibly blowing into his mask like that

Aug 14, 2020, 9:54 AM

and the spread is maybe a 2' bubble around him and you're going to sit there and claim they don't work? Used to think you were intelligent BengalBilly.

That vape cloud would be 15' if he didn't have his mask on.

Re: So a video of a guy forcibly blowing into his mask like that

Aug 14, 2020, 1:16 PM

I know, I have seen 15' vape cloud coming out of a Subaru...

Wait, so you think air infected with a virus will go only

Aug 16, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to So a video of a guy forcibly blowing into his mask like that ]

2 feet then just disintegrate? Or does it perhaps spread to a greater radius than 2 feet? What about others walking around where that air was discharged? Are they really maintaining a six foot radius, of air? Even if the cloud halts at 2 feet, as you like pretend you know, do you think it's possible for others to walk through that cloud?

Covid is a respiratory virus. It spreads through the air. It is not required for you to be sneezed on, coughed on, or spit on. If you breath air with the virus, then you are at risk of catching the virus. This is why you keep hearing, "a mask does not prevent respiratory viruses". That's exactly what the video displayed.

Now, a mask may prevent larger droplets from a sneeze, cough, or spit from reaching you, but even that's not a 100% guarantee. One thing is guaranteed, i.e. scientifically known - a mask does not remove a respiratory virus from the air. If you come on contact with and breathe infected air or very small droplets that are obviously (see video) not absorbed by a mask, then you will come in contact with virus and are at risk for catching it.

What are you not getting? This is not a difficult concept, yet for some reason there are people who can't grasp it. Even when faced with a perfect video example, they still attempt to deny that a mask does not prevent transmission of respiratory, airborn viruses. They call others idiots and question their intelligence, when in reality they can't see how unintelligent it is to deny video evidence. They attempt to demean and ridicule instead of observe, listen, and learn. Sound familiar?

These are sad people, like you, who attempt to question another man's intelligence, even when a perfect video example is used. Only an unintelligent person, baselessly smug, would try to look down on a good person sharing video evidence and say, "I used to think you were intelligent".

Only a bitter little man, like you, would run around a sports message board calling people idiots simply because you yourself are too much of an idiot to watch a video representation of how a respiratory virus spreads and yet still deny it's validity. What kind of idiot are you?

You're not smart. Your smug routine of acting intellectually superior to everyone has been exposed. You have been exposed. You're simply an angry, bitter little man, and of course, an idiot.

Re: Wait, so you think air infected with a virus will go only

Aug 16, 2020, 10:11 AM

Is this the video example you were referring to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqwPy8nyKQE

It's clear you lack the intelligence to properly insult.***

Aug 16, 2020, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Wait, so you think air infected with a virus will go only ]

Re: It's clear you lack the intelligence to properly insult.***

Aug 16, 2020, 11:22 AM

The king of gaslighting, attempts.........

Wait, so that's your rebuttal? Seriously?

Aug 17, 2020, 2:15 AM [ in reply to It's clear you lack the intelligence to properly insult.*** ]

Why reply at all? What a joke of a response to your error.

But yeah. look out for that 2 foot cloud. Goof.

Aug 13, 2020, 4:28 PM

Yeah. Call to activism. We all need more of that

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only in America can following health protocol

Aug 14, 2020, 9:27 AM

be viewed as "activism"

L-O-effing-L

Agreed

Aug 14, 2020, 9:28 AM

Also, anyone who thinks the virus is some sort of political conspiracy doesn't deserve the enjoyment of watching football. They don't deserve much of anything, really.

Reap what you sow.

So, shut up, comply with your rulers

Aug 14, 2020, 9:29 AM

or we’ll take away your entertainment. #goodluckwiththat

A lot of the same folks who have

Aug 14, 2020, 9:33 AM

an issue with "complying with their rulers" when it comes to a public health crisis would lick Trump's butt if he asked them to.

Aug 14, 2020, 10:38 AM

#### a #### mask. Useless piece of cloth used to strike fear in all you pansies that are afraid of a little germ. If you don't feel comfortable going out or are scared then stay your weak ### home. The rest of us want to live life virus or not. I can die every time I get in a car but you don't see me staying home because of fear. You have allowed the government on every level to control your life. They aren't controlling mine.

lol, idiot.***

Aug 14, 2020, 10:40 AM

Re: lol, idiot.***

Aug 14, 2020, 10:42 AM

What ever puss.

The fact that you think walking

Aug 14, 2020, 11:21 AM

around spreading the pandemic in public makes you tough says EVERYTHING about both your character and your masculinity.

Re: The fact that you think walking

Aug 14, 2020, 2:24 PM

Doesn't make me tough. Makes me an American who doesn't buy into all this liberal ########. You people claim to be so smart but you are too stupid to see what is going on. Pandemic,yeah right. More people die from natural causes than this lame virus everyone is scared to death of. Furthermore I really don't care what any of you think but when this magically disappears and a civil war breaks out in this country you are going to realize you have been played and will end up on the wrong side of history. Just wait and see.

Just for you

Aug 14, 2020, 2:30 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/the-excess-deaths-tally-in-the-us-is-204691-in-7-months-so-covid-19-deaths-might-be-undercounted-2020-08-13

NO SHITTT BO. AND LEMME TELL YOU WUT ELSE.

Aug 14, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Welp ]

THAT LITTLE FAUCI GUY WOULD PROLLY TELL YOU TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH AND MAKE A PROFIT ON TOOTHPASTE BUT ME AN YOU WAAAY TO SMART FOR THAT WE AIN'T LETTING KNOW SPOSED SCIENCE AND GUMMENT TELL US WHAT TO DO. I AIN'T WORN NO SEAT BELT MY HOLE LIFE CUZ YOU CAN"T OVERREACH ME INTO WHAT TO DO.

PRETTY SOON THEY GONE START TRYIN TO ASK PEOPLE TO WEAR LIFEJACKTS ON BOATS BUT LOL GOOD LUCK.

Aug 14, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Welp ]

Talk about being dumb. Good work, bud.

Aug 14, 2020, 10:56 AM

I’m not sure what we are debating any of this. The virus will be magically gone on November 4th if Biden wins. Don’t worry about it! Everything will be sunshine and rainbows then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That fact that there are so many, presumably real, people

Aug 14, 2020, 11:19 AM

out there who believe what you just typed is proof that public education in America has failed.

What are you talking about? Don't you know that if Biden

Aug 14, 2020, 11:33 AM

wins, the whole virus hoax that all the countries of the world have put on for the US to get a specific person into office is just a facade?

Aug 14, 2020, 12:18 PM

Your hindsight is flawed. My 93 year old aunt never left her house and wore a mask when someone came to the door. She got CV-19, spent time in hospital, got plasma, survived and after 2 months is alive but very weakened. A better hindsight solution would have been to move to an OCEANIA island in January. As of 8/10 most countries with no CV-19 cases are OCEANIA countries. That’s real social distancing.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:18 PM

Your hindsight is flawed. My 93 year old aunt never left her house and wore a mask when someone came to the door. She got CV-19, spent time in hospital, got plasma, survived and after 2 months is alive but very weakened. A better hindsight solution would have been to move to an OCEANIA island in January. As of 8/10 most countries with no CV-19 cases are OCEANIA countries. That’s real social distancing.

I’m pretty sure the idea

Aug 14, 2020, 2:57 PM

Is that a mask helps reduce the spread. I’ve not seen anybody yet say it totally prevents anything.

yeah that mask is like an iron shield isnt it***

Aug 14, 2020, 12:25 PM

Sweden just called, they said F*** you.

Aug 14, 2020, 12:46 PM

I think, but I don;t speak Swedish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mange so triggered they Lunge punted the post. ;-)***

Aug 17, 2020, 8:32 AM

Replies: 113
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic