Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Falcons star says Trevor Lawrence should stay in school if Jets have No. 1 pick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Falcons star says Trevor Lawrence should stay in school if Jets have No. 1 pick

Oct 21, 2020, 9:41 AM

Former Falcons star says Trevor Lawrence should stay in school if Jets have No. 1 pick

Another day and another Trevor Lawrence take by a former NFL star. Former Falcons receiver Roddy White hopes that Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence can avoid Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Falcons star says Trevor Lawrence should stay in school if Jets have No. 1 pick

Oct 21, 2020, 9:54 AM

And what if the Jets still have the #1 pick in 2022?

Fact is, whichever Draft Trevor enters, he's going to a poor team with lots of issues. Assuming he stays injury free for the rest of this season, he'll have nothing left to prove to NL scouts. He might as well go pro, and maximise his future earnings.

Re: TNET: Former Falcons star says Trevor Lawrence should stay in school if Jets have No. 1 pick

Oct 21, 2020, 10:15 AM

That's probably true and what if he came back to Clemson and Still got drafted by the Jets the Next year!! He can't avoid going to a bad team.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:17 AM

Geez that's exactly what you just said. ??

What if his agent pulled the same stunt that Eli Manning did

Oct 21, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Falcons star says Trevor Lawrence should stay in school if Jets have No. 1 pick ]

in 2004? As I understand it the Chargers had the 1st pick in 2004 and were dead set on drafting Eli Manning. Yet Eli's agent let it be known to the Chargers that Eli had no intention of playing for them and wanted to go to the Giants. Apparently behind the scenes Eli's agent told the Chargers he would sit out the season if it looked like they were going to draft him.

Through some manner of agent saving face voodoo and negotiation, Eli's agent struck a deal with the Chargers who did in fact draft Eli with their first pick and then turned right around and traded him to the Giants for the Giants' fourth overall pick of the draft.

I'm not sure Trevor really cares where he goes but if he does maybe his agent can work some that same kind of Eli Manning voodoo...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if his agent pulled the same stunt that Eli Manning did

Oct 21, 2020, 12:35 PM

in 2004? As I understand it the Chargers had the 1st pick in 2004 and were dead set on drafting Eli Manning. Yet Eli's agent let it be known to the Chargers that Eli had no intention of playing for them and wanted to go to the Giants. Apparently behind the scenes Eli's agent told the Chargers he would sit out the season if it looked like they were going to draft him.

Through some manner of agent saving face voodoo and negotiation, Eli's agent struck a deal with the Chargers who did in fact draft Eli with their first pick and then turned right around and traded him to the Giants for the Giants' fourth overall pick of the draft.

I'm not sure Trevor really cares where he goes but if he does maybe his agent can work some that same kind of Eli Manning voodoo...

This should never happen in the NFL. I pulled against Elway and Manning because of this issue. If they want to sit out then the owners should just tell them to go find another job making NFL money.

Message was edited by: speedracer®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Falcons star says Trevor Lawrence should stay in school if Jets have No. 1 pick ]

Several QBs have forced a trade or forced a team not to draft them.

Manning did it. So did Elway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not all issues are the same... would be great if he

Oct 21, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Falcons star says Trevor Lawrence should stay in school if Jets have No. 1 pick ]

Went to a team that had defensive issues...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 21, 2020, 10:24 AM

The Jets do at least have a 2nd first round pick this year. Interesting enough, I just saw a mock draft that had the Jets taking Lawrence #1, and ETN with the #31 pick.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:48 PM

The Jets need to have some good OL players to protect Trevor. They might want to use the rest of their picks drafting protection their franchise player. Does anyone know if their OL is any good?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 22, 2020, 5:42 AM

I don't know how good they are, but they have been drafting offensive lineman.

ABSOLUTELY!!!***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:24 AM

nm

Yeah right so he can get drafted in 2022 by the Jets again, or someone just as bad?***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:27 AM

What if the Jets are last next year too? SMH***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:30 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I don't think there is much doubt they WILL be bad again

Oct 21, 2020, 10:40 AM

next year. But, if their ownership has even a single brain cell in their collective heads, it will be under a new coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think there is much doubt they WILL be bad again

Oct 22, 2020, 5:43 AM

He is as good as gone.

76er® said:

next year. But, if their ownership has even a single brain cell in their collective heads, it will be under a new coach.

Then he can stay in school another year.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to What if the Jets are last next year too? SMH*** ]

He will have 2 years of eligibility after this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 21, 2020, 10:34 AM

The Jets will probably never be good again, they don't want to spend the money needed to win and none of the "star" free agents would sign there, dumpster fire.....run fast as you can. Trevor needs to do an Elway/Manning, be willing to hold out for the right team.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:47 AM

Some organizations are rotten at the core and must be demolished, regraded and a new foundation poured. Throwing a brand new “I” beam into a building with a cracked foundation is a waste of time and money.

I mean, the #1 pick isn’t going to the Pats.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:39 AM

If not the Jets, some other seriously bad franchise will get him. He will make kazillions, though.

null

I have been a long suffering Jets fan, but I think that as

Oct 21, 2020, 10:44 AM

long as the current ownership is there, (same thing goes for the Washington FOOTBALL TEAM) the franchise is permanently broken. Trevor would do well to Manning his way out of there if the Jets draft him.

Not that he could pick and choose, but I believe he would be the PERFECT successor to Drew Brees in New Orleans. Him paired up with Kamara would be awesome.

Agree.... and Sean Payton calling the plays; WOW!!***

Oct 21, 2020, 1:29 PM

Re: I have been a long suffering Jets fan, but I think that as

Oct 21, 2020, 10:54 PM [ in reply to I have been a long suffering Jets fan, but I think that as ]

Hmm...he mentioned Kamara recently comparing ETN to him. TL's been watching the Saints.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

FWIW KCs Andy Reid getting Mahomes was an anomaly.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:49 AM

Most top 10 NFL draft picks go to crap teams ___ with a few notable exceptions.

From an NFL perspective, there are also some notable busts - see Mitch Trubinsky. And that was self inflicted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The anomaly was Reid trading up to get Pat...NOBODY had him

Oct 21, 2020, 1:31 PM

going as 1st or even 2nd QB taken

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 11:37 AM

Jets are the worst franchise in the NFL, period. I agree with Roddy White ??

Just a disaster from the top to the bottom.

Oct 21, 2020, 12:29 PM

The Jets could take him, then trade him for another 1st round and second round pic to a team that needs an elite QB to make it to the playoffs....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you’re the #1 pick ... you’re going to a lousy team.

Oct 21, 2020, 12:51 PM

Theoretically, that’s how lousy teams become great teams. That’s the theory of the draft anyway.

It only works if the bad teams draft wisely and don’t waste their talent.

The NFL is irrelevant to me personally, so I’d just like to see Trevor become a very, very rich young man.

He should wait until the defending Super Bowl Champ has the

Oct 18, 2022, 4:56 PM

first pick.....oh, nm...

The Jets need a lot of help...

Oct 21, 2020, 1:27 PM

in a lot of different areas.

They'd be foolish to use the No. 1 pick on a QB IMO.

Trade the No. 1 overall pick for multiple picks in the first, second, and third rounds and start building a team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No, foolish would be passing on a generational QB***

Oct 21, 2020, 1:32 PM

A generational QB isn't going to help the Jets.

Oct 21, 2020, 4:09 PM

They need too many other pieces.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nobody is winning #### without a franchise QB guy, you

Oct 22, 2020, 2:11 PM

obviously don't watch much pro ball

Oct 21, 2020, 4:13 PM

Just have your agent advise the Jets to make a trade... Client due diligence by a good agent,,,

Oct 21, 2020, 10:24 PM

What makes these guys think the Jets won't have the 1st pick next year also. Anyone remember Joe Namath and what he did with the Jets?

Oct 22, 2020, 5:34 AM

I hate the NFL, so it would be awesome if TL stayed two more years after this and owned every single record and won a total of 4 titles!

With Lawrence as good as he is : the jets should

Oct 22, 2020, 7:56 AM

Trade the pick for a combination of players and draft picks that would help them become solid, and then build further from there.
Having one great player will not help.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic