Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Learned a new job....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 340

Learned a new job....

Feb 19, 2019, 7:17 AM

Funnel hacking. Have a cousin who evidently is a funnel hacker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LGBTQFH?***

Feb 19, 2019, 7:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya gonna tell us more?***

Feb 19, 2019, 8:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I learned that some (probably millennial) schmuck

Feb 19, 2019, 8:14 AM

Took basic sales funnel analysis and sales ratio calculations that have been around for half a century and gave them a new buzzword-y name, presumably to sell more books/consulting services.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The methodology has gained a lot of traction in the digital

Feb 19, 2019, 8:53 AM

marketing space as of late. At the core, it's not really hacking as much as it's the reliance on analytics data to turn leads into conversions. You're exactly right though...it's the same thing that's been going on forever to capture, contain, and grow customers but with new terminology that reflects the move to a digital space. Anybody trying to sell products or services with a basic website is doing some of that even if they don't know they are.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that’s sort of what I thought just from a quick google

Feb 19, 2019, 8:56 AM

It looks like basic sales stage analysis and funnel leakage examination.

I’m guessing the phrase “hacking” was chosen because techy stuff sounds cool. If it were the early 2000’s it would have been X-FUNNEL XTREME! and if it were the late 2000’s it would have been iFunnel.

Marketing never stops.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst part of it is that you get 'marketing experts'

Feb 19, 2019, 9:02 AM

now that make money selling the secret strategies of this amazing new methodology. Like I said, a lot of folks that have moved advertising dollars into the digital space are doing the same thing without knowing that's what these snake oil salesmen are calling it. Driving leads and converting them into customers is as old as the concept of sales itself, but now it's got a fabulous new set of buzzwords to dress it up and make it sound like something that's never been done before.

Man, I should have studied harder and become one of those.***

Feb 19, 2019, 9:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

brother, I tried to become one of those and couldn’t

Feb 19, 2019, 9:09 AM

Become one of those.

I did realize about 50 credits too late that the hot chicks

Feb 19, 2019, 9:14 AM

and tall dudes with good teeth were getting the marketing gigs and those had more to do with selling than I cared for.

Everything you need to know is on the internet.

Feb 19, 2019, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Man, I should have studied harder and become one of those.*** ]

The real art to this is coming across like a Pentecostal preacher. Like every other attempt to guide the herd of sheep in the direction you want them to go, being the one true believer is the foundation of how it works. You don't even need to be that well versed in the underlying theory as much as you need to know how and when to employ the buzzwords. We have a VP of corporate sales that barely graduated high school, has no college degree, but rose to his current position based on that same concept.

it ain’t what you say, it’s how you say it. Amen.***

Feb 19, 2019, 9:17 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 340
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic