Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Radakovich says ACC meetings created solidarity among league members
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Radakovich says ACC meetings created solidarity among league members

Feb 14, 2013, 8:16 AM

Radakovich says ACC meetings created solidarity among league members

Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich told TigerNet Wednesday that the ACC's winter meetings, held earlier this month, created a renewed sense of solidarity among the league members as the ACC gains momentum from the possibility of an ACC branded network. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck yeah! ACC! ACC! ACC!

Feb 14, 2013, 8:35 AM

wait, what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That might get you land blasted in these parts.***

Feb 14, 2013, 8:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Hopefully everyone takes it with a grade of slaw

Feb 14, 2013, 8:45 AM

If I was serious, I'd landblast myself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

ACC and Big XII Alliance (repost)

Feb 14, 2013, 8:41 AM

This would be a six year deal for football only with the option to continue.

Division A: Miami, FSU, GT, CU, NCST, Wake
Division B: TX, TX Tech, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, OK State
Division C: UVA, VT, WVU, Pitt, BC, Syracuse
Division D: UNC, Duke, L-Ville, Iowa St, Kansas, K-State

7 Conference Games plus 1 “flex game”. The “flex game” is played 2 Saturdays after Thanksgiving. The host divisions for the “flex games” are predetermined on a rotating basis.

In the “flex game” the first place team in Division A plays the first place team in Division B. Second vs. Second, so on and so forth. Last vs Last. The same set-up will be used in the other 2 divisions.

The winners of the two “first place flex games” will meet the following week in the Championship Game. The winner of the Championship game will have a guaranteed spot in the NCAA play-off.

All TV money generated from games played in ACC stadiums will go to the ACC. All TV money generated from games played in Big 12 stadiums will go to the Big 12.

Permanent Rivals (set-up to maximize TV money and in some cases regional rivalries):
CU – VA Tech
FSU - Texas
Miami - Oklahoma
NCST - UNC
Wake – Duke
K-State - OK State
Pitt – L-Ville
GT – UVA
Iowa St - TCU
BC - Baylor
WVU - TX Tech
Kansas - Syracuse

The 4 team play-off would do a bunch to increase interest

Feb 14, 2013, 8:45 AM

Also, if your favorite team's division was lined up to play another division in the play-off, then your interest in conference games of that division would be high throughout the regular season (generating more TV money).

Re: Front Page Story: Radakovich says ACC meetings created solidarity among league members

Feb 14, 2013, 8:41 AM

That last statement makes me wonder about the possibility of partnering with the Big 12 to create a network. Texas is stand alone right now with the Longhorn network and the other teams feel they will not gain much from adding a network without Texas. If the ACC were to partner with the Big 12 not only would they have a larger footprint but a larger collection of games to broadcast. Not sure how I feel about it but just a thought.

null

Absolutely cannot understand how Clemson can

Feb 14, 2013, 8:58 AM

support the ACC. Simply mind boggling.

Because that is where they are right now and for the

Feb 14, 2013, 2:59 PM

foreseeable future. Not like the SEC, Big 12, or Big Ten have been sending out offers to Clemson at this time.

They need to realize that football is where the money is***

Feb 14, 2013, 9:51 AM

The word vague comes to mind. And I have found that

Feb 14, 2013, 11:48 AM

"due diligence" means lip service.

With NBC and Fox becoming bigger players, the bidding for

Feb 14, 2013, 2:58 PM

ACC rights should go up next round of negotiations. Conference solidarity will still hinge on Maryland's case with the ACC and the $50 million exit fee.

Re: With NBC and Fox becoming bigger players, the bidding for

Feb 14, 2013, 5:48 PM

That's well and good, but you do realize it will be 2027 until the rights go on the open market again right?

Re: Front Page Story: Radakovich says ACC meetings created solidarity among league members

Feb 14, 2013, 6:22 PM

Good Piece...

If anyone has been following expansion in the last year, they know Clemson has been a conference leader in promoting and working with the ACC.

It's even more important Clemson does this as now top expansions targets are schools like UVA and Georgia Tech, with the likely scenario if they leave that Clemson ends up in the distant Big 12 a conference that will be dwarfed by the mega machines of the SEC and Big 10.

Clemson will be trying to get out of the Big 12 in 5 years. Glad to see the ACC finally getting pro-active.
It's in the Tigers best interest that the ACC thrive and continue.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2013, 1:05 AM

If anyone has been following expansion in the last year, they know Clemson has been a conference leader in promoting and working with the ACC.

Really what has it done?

You think the Big 12, will be dwarfed?, What does that make a picked over ACC? The ACC keeps adding distant dead weight teams like Pitt and Syr.

I'm hoping it created A FOOTBALL SCHEDULE!!!

Feb 14, 2013, 6:50 PM

COME ON WITH IT ALREADY!!! I need to plan my Fall!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Supposedly Syracuse is the holdup

Feb 14, 2013, 6:52 PM

They still have an open date to fill.

d.a.m.n. Yankees

Feb 14, 2013, 6:54 PM

;)

Message was edited by: clemsonsuzi®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Feb 17, 2013, 1:10 AM

Not a lot of "synergy" going on in college athletics recently.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic