Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is it that so many people want to give Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Why is it that so many people want to give Dabo

Jan 19, 2013, 10:46 AM

no credit for our success. They say he has little knowledge and our assisstant coaches should get all the credit.
While at the same time Spurrier has been winning with defense the last few years while their offense has mostly sputtered.
Since when has he become a defensive genius?
But he takes all the credit for their success.
Doesn't make a lot of sense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is it that so many people want to give Dabo

Jan 19, 2013, 10:49 AM

human nature sadly. like in golf you think of the three foot put you missed to break 90. you never think about the 30 foot put you made that normally you need three to get down because you were entitled to that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2013, 10:51 AM

Very good point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

because some people live in a negative world

Jan 19, 2013, 10:53 AM

and they have to always find something to ##### about...it's just human nature.

unfortunately TNet has an over abundance of those types of people.

Presuppositions. SOS was assumed to be the salavation

Jan 19, 2013, 10:54 AM

of Coot U when he took the job. His early failures were not blamed on him because, well, it couldn't be his fault. Conversely, Dabo gets hired with no HC experience. It is assumed he'll fail. Any struggles he's had were touted as evidence of what "everyone" already knew and expected. His success can't possibly be his "fault."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dabo

Jan 19, 2013, 11:04 AM

...was not blamed for the loss this year. Everyone on here blamed Chad. Dabo with talent being even was expcted to get out coached by Spurrier. Spurrier has out coached many great coaches. That is the problem with all the delsuional fans her. Dabo and Chad have a learning curve to over come so in my book they get a pass. They will be great in time but everyone wants to hold them on a glorious stage until they make mistakes...then they want to throw them under the bus.I see their weaknesses so I expect things to not go right or bad decisions being made. This base wants to see all good and when its not they rip the staffs day and night until the next win. Dabo and company love hose knd of fans....right. I would rather see it and deal with it than to ignore it and scream like a little girl when something goes wrong.....its called being rational.

Re: Dabo

Jan 19, 2013, 11:21 AM

Good post. You're one point closer to your steak knives.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a lot of great coaches get out coached & a lot of great

Jan 19, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Dabo ]

coaches have been on the losing end at spurrier's expense.

miles/lsu's staff got out coached by dabo/staff. i would have given anything for clemson to have attacked clowney as lsu did in beating scar.

it doesn't end.

saban/staff might be the only coaches in college football that can say they haven't really been out coached; 3 of 4 national championships is pretty impressive.

the game changes, even spurrier has changed from the fun n gun. apparently, he's still learning too.

your post, this one, seems reasonable.

the one where you said you played football not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point 1

Jan 19, 2013, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Dabo ]

if they are still learning----give some of the money back.

also there is a lot of doubt about morris calling those crappy plays. Sounds like blabo meddling again to me

Point 2 you people can hurrah blabo all you want---but he has yet to field a butt-kicking team. and all 11 of the wussies we beat last year don't change that

and you people quit whining about the people that ain't sold on blabo.

The breakdown in the Fla State game and the breakdown in the SC game prove to me that his coaching sucks. He ain't got it.

don't matter--if his choirboy butt cant beat spurrier next year, he needs to start packing.

^^^ found one.***

Jan 19, 2013, 2:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2013, 11:16 AM

Dabo haters abound!!

I, however, am NOT one of them!!

Unfortunately, we have to deal with a couple of idiotic schools of thought (among others I guesss) which are:

1. "He has lost to USuC "4 in a row" now", and...

2. "Why cant we get another Danny Ford" crybabies!!

Dabo is BUILDING something very special and foundationally solid at Clemson.

To the Dabo haters: The man has what it takes to bring our glory back!!

And last time I checked, none of us on here is the head coach at Clemson. So get on board, ROOT for Dabo (and Clemson) to be successful......or jump onto the COOT bandwagon!!

There is NO such thing as the perfect coach.....and "Danny Ford" aint gettin off that farm tractor, so you are either:

1. ALL IN, or
2. a part time bandwagoneer

Re:I am all for Dabo but he has got to beat SC this

Jan 19, 2013, 1:06 PM

year. No ifs, ands or buts. If he can't do it, we need to get someone who can.

Beating the coots now is harder than it's ever been...

Jan 19, 2013, 1:36 PM

Their football program is at its highest level in the history of their otherwise dismal program. Like it or not, they're a legit top 10 team. Although it was a disappointing performance overall, our 2012 loss to them was not a bad loss. The collapse in Tally was far worse. We had that team on the ropes and they ended up pounding us.

Dabo deserves a lot of credit. He has recruited well, and he made a very shrewd hire in Morris (and hopefully Venables - we should find out more on that in 2013). Those two things have helped us make great strides with our football program. Dabo has turned out to be a definite improvement over Bowden. Time will tell us whether he can continue to grow the program. I hope he can. The recruiting world is getting tougher and tougher; we've certainly found that out in recent months. His continued success hinges on bringing in the talent and coaching them up to their potential.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats just another excuse. I am tired of hearing everyone

Jan 19, 2013, 2:24 PM

say it. Thats "give up" if you ask me. Clemson needs to get harder to beat than its ever been for the coots.

It's not an excuse, it's just a fact...

Jan 19, 2013, 4:57 PM

The coots passed us a couple of years ago, and we have some ground to make up on them. Believe me, there's no one in the world that hates it more than me. I grew up in this state. I'm used to beating their a$$ just like you. But they have the best coach they've ever had (even though he is a horse's a$$), and he's had our number recently.

We've got some hard work to do to re-establish the proper order of things in the state of South Carolina. We'll get there eventually, but it won't cost Dabo his job if he loses to them again this year. Now if he starts losing regularly to Boston College, Wake Forest, or Maryland again like his predecessor did, THEN he needs to be fired. If he gets punked by every decent team we play (coots, UGA, FSU), then he needs to be fired. But we're making progress on that front. I think our day is coming as long as Dabo keeps recruiting well. The next two seasons will tell the tale on Dabo.

No matter

Jan 19, 2013, 11:26 AM

Clemsons record next year. If they lose to sc 5 in a row, he is gone. The BOT know the ACC is weak and expect to win those games, FSU is the only team that can even come close to your talent. Clemson hates losing to sc more than anyone and if they can't stop it, they will replace him. Sc has never won 5 in a row and if Dabo is at the helm when it happens, he is gone.

Don't give me the we would be 11-1 and orange bowl mess....clemsons #1 priority has always been beating sc. Flame away but mark it down. AThomas I can't wait to hear your rah rah response.

Re: No matter

Jan 19, 2013, 11:30 AM

You sir ... are full of crap. The SCar game may be the single most important game, but is by no means the whole story ... and a loss to them does NOT ruin an otherwise good year, and will NOT cost Dabo his job. That is absurd!

Re:No he just does not accept the failure to beat them.***

Jan 19, 2013, 1:07 PM

I disagree

Jan 19, 2013, 1:40 PM [ in reply to No matter ]

This is not your daddy's coot football program. They're VERY good right now. We played a pretty bad game against them in 2012, both in terms of coaching and on-the-field performance... and we were still in it in the 4th quarter.

Just look at other rivalries like Alabama/Auburn. They go through cycles where one team is dominant, then the other. Right now we're in a bad cycle for the rivalry. It will turn around eventually.

Re: I don't accept that. No darn excuse for it.***

Jan 19, 2013, 5:34 PM

Jan 19, 2013, 11:26 AM

I have no proof, but I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of those refusing to give Dabo credit for an obvious "job well done" are the same ones that were so vocal about him being doomed to fail when he was promoted to HC because of lack of HC experience. They just can't stand the thought of admitting they were dead wrong.

The buck stops with Dabo. He should get all the credit when

Jan 19, 2013, 11:28 AM

we succeed or fail, ultimately. But we all know...and Dabo certainly also gives the nod to...others who have made this success happen.

Dabo doesn't have to be a defensive or offensive genius. He doesn't have to be the best recruiter, even. No, in his position at this time, he has to lead. He has to have a plan. He has to surround himself with people "smarter than him."

He has been that leader. He has not hesitated to make assistant coaching changes. He is a terrific recruiter of players and coaches. And he has that "sense" of Clemson's pulse. He has bought into bleeding orange, not just being employed by Clemson.

Finally, he is running an honest program and cares about academics and molding these gifted athletes into mentally/spiritually/emotionally mature young men.

He doesn't have to be a Miles or a Saban or a Meyer. He has to be himself. And if he can craft a formula for success as Dabo Swinney, which he certainly has been doing, that's all it takes.

And let's not forget that we do indeed owe both Tommy Bowden and Terry Don Phillips a tip of the hat for seeing that in Dabo and for giving him that chance.

It's the spice of life!

Dabo knows the recipe for success...

Jan 19, 2013, 11:30 AM

Some of our previous coaches thought they knew...but their product wound up tasting like fumunda cheese...

Simple - fragile egos.

Jan 19, 2013, 11:40 AM

Some people simply opposed the Dabo hire so adamantly and so vocally, that they became totally invested in proving to the rest of the world how bad Dabo was, and in turn, how smart and correct they were.

Any success Dabo may have is seen, by those people, as an indication that they (see, it is all about them) may have been wrong, and their little egos can't handle that. It's not about Clemson for them, it's about being proven right, and therefore they can't acknowledge anything positive about Dabo and allow themselves to fully enjoy Clemson's success.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Simple - fragile egos.

Jan 19, 2013, 12:30 PM

I can make it even more simple.....The very people that thought he would fail and wanted him fired after his first mediocre year are the same ones who defend him to no end now after the LSU win, will be the first to call for his head if we have a mediocre season and lose to the coots again. They love him when he wins and hate him when he loses...not a true "stick with the one who brought you" fan in the crowd.....see things for what they are ????They never will !!!

"The one that brought me" is Clemson.

Jan 19, 2013, 12:42 PM

My loyalty is to Clemson. Dabo is temporary, Clemson is forever.

If he can continue to find and lure in great coordinators, he will be fine because he's always been able to recruit. Venables is a great hire because he's good (not great, but very solid), and to this point nobody has wanted him to be their head coach even though he's had plenty of interviews. He could be here for ten years.

Morris is a completely different story. Dabo's job at Clemson will probably depend on his replacement.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "The one that brought me" is Clemson.

Jan 19, 2013, 7:04 PM

Nothing wrong with that statement. I agree but as long as Dabo is here hie is Clemson.

Re:There is no need to wait for another loss to the Coots.

Jan 19, 2013, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Simple - fragile egos. ]

Let him know now what is expected.

Beat USCjr.....***

Jan 19, 2013, 12:19 PM

Some will just never accept Dabo***

Jan 19, 2013, 12:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At some point all doubt will be removed***

Jan 19, 2013, 1:09 PM

Re:I hope it is this year.***

Jan 19, 2013, 1:12 PM

The win over us this year was all Spurrier. He was smart

Jan 19, 2013, 3:33 PM

enough to run the clock and keep us off the field. Something Morris was not smart enough to do with the lead against FSU. Like it or not Spurrier has forgotten more about play calling / coaching than Dabo knows. Sorry.

Disregard the replies that carry the stench of hate

Jan 19, 2013, 4:00 PM

Some on here say that S. Car obsesses over Clemson, yet would stab their mother if it meant a win over them.

Dabo is a solid coach. If you don't believe that he has taken our program in the right direction, well....you can't fix stupid.

Re: He is staring at five in a row. Call it what you want

Jan 19, 2013, 5:01 PM

to but I call it LOSING. It is high time that he realizes what is important. If he can't get that than he is stupid.

^^^ completely clueless^^^***

Jan 19, 2013, 5:04 PM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic