Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As rough as VT has looked so far, they still
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,116

As rough as VT has looked so far, they still

Oct 25, 2018, 9:50 AM

control their own destiny in the coastal . With GT tonight and all the remaining one loss teams remaining on their schedule, it’s not outside the realm of possibility they make it to Charlotte.

Assuming the Tigers stay true, I personally hope VT makes it. I would love to see Clemson take them to the wood shed......again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. They’ve got to be the favorite in that division

Oct 25, 2018, 9:53 AM

at this point.

They would have some fans in Charlotte, and it’s always fun to blow VT out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed. They’ve got to be the favorite in that division

Oct 25, 2018, 10:15 AM

The U is fun to beat up on too...and probably would mean more, cheaper tickets available since they don't travel well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed. They’ve got to be the favorite in that division

Oct 25, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Agreed. They’ve got to be the favorite in that division ]

VT does this all the time. They lose their OOC and even to FCS teams and then go 7-1 or 8-0 in conference. So they limp in as a 9-10W team. It is all about being above average in a below average division.

If NCSU and VaTech swapped divisions, you would likely see the same thing with VaTech being the bidesmaid and NCSU running the division table... maybe... if NCSU can be bothered to beat Duke

they're probably the best in that division BUT...

Oct 25, 2018, 10:25 AM

And I am serious when I say this, look out for UVA.

Yes, they have a somewhat bad loss to Indiana at Indiana (not as bad, of course, as VT's loss to ODU) but they are looking better and better. They beat Dook and Miami.

It could come down to UVA vs VT for the division.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ODU Monarchs

Oct 25, 2018, 12:27 PM

Slightly OT, did you guys see how ODU's second victory of the season ended on Sat night?

Crazy end of game rally, bad play by Western Ky, gave them their 2nd win. Now 2-5. Two outrageous wins, all else losses.

Re: As rough as VT has looked so far, they still

Oct 25, 2018, 10:25 AM

I agree. VT likely beats Virginia and Georgia Tech (we will see in a few hours). I think they may have an edge against Miami since that one is at home. That's a late November game and a VT win will have them thinking they belong in Charlotte.

Hopefully they travel well. It would be great to see as many of their fans as possible show up for the Turkey being fried...

Really reminds me of 2009 when they lost to JMU

Oct 25, 2018, 10:26 AM

But still finished the year very strong.

They do have two pretty decent wins in FSU and Duke. My guess is that the UVA/VT rivalry is winner-take-all for the coastal.

Oct 25, 2018, 10:26 AM

With that said, did anyone else scratch their head at the GT/VT line? I saw it yesterday as VT -3. A home, night game on Thursday night should give VT 3 points by itself and I would think VT was still far better than GT at this point. Needless to say, VT -3 was an easy pick for me.

Oct 25, 2018, 10:45 AM

VT is very young and inexperienced at LB and in the secondary and they have little DL depth. That doesn’t bode well for them against an offense that requires good DL play throughout and discipline on the back end. I still think VT wins but I understand the line. Don’t forget that VT should have lost to a bad UNC team.

Oct 25, 2018, 12:16 PM

This is true, but VT also pounded Duke at Duke and the Blue Devils beat GT by 2 scores in Atlanta. The line just seems closer than I would expect. I expected VT -7.5 or so.

The whole “night game at VT” thing is a myth.

Oct 25, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: As rough as VT has looked so far, they still ]

Above average environment, but way overrated.

Oct 25, 2018, 12:22 PM

I posted this about a week ago:

- VT is in charge of their own destiny. Win out (GT, BC, Pitt, Miami, UVA) and they win the ACC Coastal and they are the only undefeated team in the Coastal in conference play.
- UVA is in charge of their own destiny. Win out (UNC, Pitt, GT, VT) and they win the ACC Coastal and they would own the TB against VT. If they lose to VT, then they would need help for VT to lose 3 of (GT, BC, Pitt, Miami).
- Miami needs some help. Win out (BC, Duke, GT, VT, Pitt) and they would own the TB against VT, but would need UVA to lose 1 of (UNC, Pitt, GT) and lose to VT.
- Pitt is a 4-loss team, but is in charge of their own destiny. Win out (Duke, UVA, VT, Wake, Miami) and they would own the TB against UVA and VT.
- Duke could possibly win the Coastal, but would require that they win out (Pitt, Miami, UNC, CLEMSON, Wake) and VT lose 3 of (GT, BC, Pitt, Miami, UVA) and also UVA lose 3 of (UNC, Pitt, GT, VT).

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,116
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic