Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The way the senator went through Kavanaugh's yearbook
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 348

The way the senator went through Kavanaugh's yearbook

Sep 28, 2018, 11:47 AM

is there any doubt that absolutely no one here could get through a confirmation hearing based on posting history ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that senator confirmed a suspicion I had all along.....

Sep 28, 2018, 11:51 AM

He probably didn’t know what “quarters” was, nor had he played drinking games, nor had he ever made fart jokes.

These stories about the high school parties (gang rapes, trains, spiked “punch”) sounded exactly like how someone would envision a high school party if they had never actually been invited to a high school party.

This is revenge of the nerds at its finest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've actually thought about that

Sep 28, 2018, 11:53 AM

Most people in their 20s and early 30s have such a long internet history that it will be impossible to find somebody without something objectionable in their past that can be documented. So will that lead to people caring less about the random stuff that can dredged up from high school or college? Or will that just mean more of these types of circuses? I guess there's some evidence that there's just going to be more digging into people's history on the internet to defame them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve thought about that from another angle,

Sep 28, 2018, 11:54 AM

And it scares me to think about exactly how much power Google has if they chose to fully exercise it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess we have to trust that people won't be vindictive

Sep 28, 2018, 11:58 AM

Unfortunately, I think the connectivity of the internet encourages people to be vindictive because there's a kind of anonymity to the people whose lives you're meddling with. Heck, we even had somebody do that on here, and you'd think we wouldn't want to mess with other Clemson alums and fans. So if people will do that to a fellow Clemson person, how much more will people do when somebody's from an opposing tribe?

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we also had one call the FBI on another***

Sep 28, 2018, 11:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

correction good sir. Secret service.....***

Sep 28, 2018, 12:13 PM

ahhhhhh. I know him personally

Sep 28, 2018, 12:46 PM

he was visited by said SS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this^^^ With the GDP comparable to a mid to

Sep 28, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I’ve thought about that from another angle, ]

large size country...what happens when google decides to declare sovereignty?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just think of all the redditors lol***

Sep 28, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to I've actually thought about that ]

Kind of why I don't understand why this doesn't scare more

Sep 28, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to I've actually thought about that ]

people. #### someone off bad enough, and that could be your career. They'll be able to find something. This is the only place I post anything anymore, and it would probably be wise to stop, truth be told.

Obviously this is anecdotal, but more and more I see people who I otherwise consider reasonable, intelligent people going off the deep end politically. The sense or moral superiority they seem to have lends me to believe it wouldn't take much for them to engage in a smear attempt against someone who made them mad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The way the senator went through Kavanaugh's yearbook

Sep 28, 2018, 12:16 PM

I'm picturing every drunken party hookup. We were both drunk. Consensual. Often continued to hookup while sober later. But would be utterly destroyed in a public forum of internet posters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pron history is going to be a real ball buster in some

Sep 28, 2018, 12:59 PM

future Senate hearing, I'm afraid...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not fit to be a judge.

Sep 28, 2018, 1:21 PM

I'm way too conservative to be on the bench.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not either.

Sep 28, 2018, 2:21 PM

Unless you lump in the titles of jury and executioner as well. At that point, I become the perfect, and only choice.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the possibility of a lounger making it through the review

Sep 28, 2018, 3:19 PM

process to confirmation as a scotus is slim and none with slim slumping out the door shaking his head no.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 348
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic