Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Opposing sideline: Syracuse confident they will win over No. 3 Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 124
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Opposing sideline: Syracuse confident they will win over No. 3 Clemson

Oct 2, 2013, 11:30 AM

Opposing sideline: Syracuse confident they will win over No. 3 Clemson

Syracuse quarterback Terel Hunt isn't afraid of playing No. 3 Clemson this weekend; in fact, the sophomore says the Orange have been building up the Tigers in the media just so it will be sweeter when Syracuse wins. Photo by Rich Barnes / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow and all the Syracuse fans trying to say that our team

Oct 2, 2013, 11:33 AM

will come into the game overconfident, by the talk of the players you would think they were the #3 team in the country.....

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: wow and all the Syracuse fans trying to say that our team

Oct 2, 2013, 11:49 AM

I remember a GT QB from a few years ago making similar statements just before we ate him alive. One of our DL said about him, "those are some pretty big and tough words from such a small man." We stomped their arses that day. It was a beautiful thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He idiot - YOURE 2 and 2, blown out by NW

Oct 2, 2013, 12:11 PM [ in reply to wow and all the Syracuse fans trying to say that our team ]

I mean what a #######. They make it very easy to hate them. Such a worthy replacement for Maryland.

Re: He idiot - YOURE 2 and 2, blown out by NW

Oct 2, 2013, 5:07 PM

He idiot?? what does that mean??

Oct 2, 2013, 9:31 PM

It means he's an idiot, and it seems as though he may be with posts like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2013, 9:33 PM [ in reply to He idiot - YOURE 2 and 2, blown out by NW ]

Maryland always did seem to be a team that made me ashamed they were in our conference. I am glad they were gone, other than they usually were an easy win.

Clemson team to Syracuse: Message Received

Oct 2, 2013, 11:33 AM

Bring it on!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Clemson team to Syracuse: Message Received

Oct 2, 2013, 4:21 PM

AND JUST SPOT THE D...N BALL!

OH MY GOD, PLEASE DON'T JINGLE THE KEYS!***

Oct 2, 2013, 11:35 AM

VT wants their annoying tradition back***

Oct 2, 2013, 11:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OH MY GOD, PLEASE DON'T JINGLE THE KEYS!***

Oct 2, 2013, 12:55 PM [ in reply to OH MY GOD, PLEASE DON'T JINGLE THE KEYS!*** ]

Don't worry, they're right, there will be a noticable issue from the jingling keys....as their fans jingle them out of their pocket back to their cars during the 3rd quarter after the delusion wears off.

HA I was thinking the same thing...

Oct 2, 2013, 12:56 PM [ in reply to OH MY GOD, PLEASE DON'T JINGLE THE KEYS!*** ]

I, for one, have always been deathly afraid of keys jingling.

Also...since living in the south my entire life, I'm not used to any type of heat either. I may not be able to survive being in 'indoor-heat'.

Craaaayzaaay!

Re: HA I was thinking the same thing...

Oct 2, 2013, 1:02 PM

but seriously, although all that stuff sounds pretty trivial in terms of intimidation....I am a little nervous about this game.

Bring your "A" game Tigers, and get ready for a battle. And as they say in the "Cuse"..."beat the hell out of them!"

I thought artificial noise was illegal...only in the SEC?***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:20 PM [ in reply to OH MY GOD, PLEASE DON'T JINGLE THE KEYS!*** ]

They sure are acting cocky!!

Oct 2, 2013, 11:36 AM

They possibly could win, but they act like its a given. They better be prepared for a beatdown!

Can a 50K-seat venue be a 12th man?

Oct 2, 2013, 11:36 AM

I just don't see this one being that intimidating.

Granted we didn't play well in our only road game so far but we still won by 2 scores.

Beating Wagner (?) and Tulane sure has given them a lot of confidence but if Penn St could handle them in the Dome then I think the Tigers should be able to as well.

I say 42-17 Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can a 50K-seat venue be a 12th man?

Oct 2, 2013, 11:48 AM

Typical arrogant yankees, it is interesting to me that they think the temperature in the Carrier Dome is hotter then we practice and play in all the time. They stand a better chance playing us in one of those Upstate New York blizzards!

Can they beat us, sure we are not invinceable, but our lines of scrimmage will make the difference in this game! This Tiger team is in the best shape we have had since 1990 and I do not believe we will be worn out because "We Too Deep!"

Oct 2, 2013, 12:09 PM

Those ### Yankee's laugh about us eating Grits for breakfast. And their dumb A$SES will eat the sides served with a hamburger basket for breakfast. Yankee's, the most arrogant A$S backwards people you could ever meet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2013, 2:16 PM

kiss my ###, buddy

Oct 2, 2013, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Can a 50K-seat venue be a 12th man? ]

Thomas Clemson was a Yankee. His will and testament is what enabled His land to become what is now clemson university, which was opposed by the powers that be (were) in Columbia after his death. . Thank god for his Yankee arrogance!

Your comments are an embarrassment to the Clemson coummunity

Oct 2, 2013, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Can a 50K-seat venue be a 12th man? ]

please refrain from speaking your mind.

Oct 2, 2013, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Can a 50K-seat venue be a 12th man? ]

Can't wait until they come to Death Valley and play under a September sun with hummity at 90%...hahahahaha

Oct 2, 2013, 1:34 PM

Crampssssssssssssss all over the floor of DV!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's hummity?***

Oct 2, 2013, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Can a 50K-seat venue be a 12th man? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Oct 2, 2013, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Can a 50K-seat venue be a 12th man? ]

I wonder if they have ever practiced in August in the deep south? These boys were doing two-a-days when it was 95 with 80% humidity. I guarantee the temperature will affect the fans more than the players.

Oct 2, 2013, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Can a 50K-seat venue be a 12th man? ]

Penn State didn't play them in the Dome. It was a neutral site game in Giant's Stadium.

Re: Front Page Story: Opposing sideline: Syracuse confident they will win over No. 3 Clemson

Oct 2, 2013, 11:38 AM

I would be disappointed if they were already talking like they were going to lose this game. So let's go up there and let them give us their best shot. I look forward to it, and even more I look forward to them coming down to Death Valley--preferably in early September--to see what REAL crowd noise and REAL heat feels like.

Re: Front Page Story: Opposing sideline: Syracuse confident they will win over No. 3 Clemson

Oct 2, 2013, 11:40 AM

Can't handle the heat of the dome? Seriously? Does this guy need a geography lesson? I'm fairly confident these guys throught highschool and college have practiced/played in 100+ degree heat on more than one occasion.

Oct 2, 2013, 12:14 PM

And b/c of all the rain, our guys has had to practice in a indoor steam bath most all summer.

Yankee ########.***

Oct 2, 2013, 11:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Yankee ########.***

Oct 2, 2013, 11:46 AM

That seems a little harsh, but they are acting a bit uppity. As I have heard in the movies, "They will lose, and they will lose huge!"

Watch it man. You're in mixed company here******

Oct 2, 2013, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Yankee ########.*** ]

Ok so they're just yankees.***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The war is over McFly *

Oct 2, 2013, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Yankee ########.*** ]

nm

No, it really isn't... just simmering***

Oct 2, 2013, 12:33 PM

Re: No, it really isn't... just simmering***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:27 PM

Yankees - 1...Rebels - o
Halftime.............. :)

Might want to keep that on the downlow around Isaiah Battle

Oct 2, 2013, 7:11 PM [ in reply to No, it really isn't... just simmering*** ]

He's from Brooklyn, NY and I hear he has a mean uppercut.

Oct 2, 2013, 11:46 AM

Cocky group aren't they?? Tigers need to just take care of our business and make them eat a few words. Actions speak louder than words. GO TIGERS!!

Thanks for the bulletin board material for our team

Oct 2, 2013, 11:48 AM

Syracuse. Be very afraid, now that you've posted these comments publicly for all to see. The hubris is astonishing, from every level: head coach, quarterback, and other players. And even calling out individual players on our team by name. Wow.

I really don't understand the heat comments, for a team that plays in consistent 80+ degree conditions, and a lot of times 90, in the South.

Someone should cache these types of pre-game boasts. They seem to happen more and more often, and you djn't hear from these people again after they get creamed. It's like the Wake Forest nose guard with his big pre-game treatise on how they were one of the best defenses in the country.

That boast was dust about three plays into the game.

This aggresion will not stand.......

Oct 2, 2013, 5:57 PM

Time to draw a line in the sand. Am i right?

This aggresson will not stand.......

Oct 2, 2013, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Thanks for the bulletin board material for our team ]

Time to draw a line in the sand. Am I right?

Sounds like a Northern version of NC State!

We play or game - we win by three scores or more.
Keeping turnovers away is the key. (Also, dumb penalties that have the same results.)
No second chances.

Go Tigers! Let them know what real Orange is!

Message was edited by: Colorguy®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

They talk mighty big for a team full of nobodies. Hope for

them they can back up all that big talk on the field.

If not, it's going to be a smackdown of epic proportions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: They talk mighty big for a team full of nobodies. Hope for

Oct 2, 2013, 9:23 PM

For them, I hope they can't back a word of up. I hope they have the worse night in the dome that they have ever had. Goooooo Tigers, bring the absolute beat down to the,,,,,,,,to the ahhh, heat dome!!!

Oct 2, 2013, 11:52 AM

Hope Coach V post those nice comments about our defense - "We see their faults on defense. Pull something quick and we can beat them." Let's see you do it then big boys - keep talking trash and let's see how you handle Mr. Beasley and crew.

Carrier Dome is a dump from what I hear

Oct 2, 2013, 11:55 AM

From Wiki: "Despite carrying the name Carrier (an HVAC manufacturer), there is no air conditioning in the dome. The need for it is presumed low, as the facility is primarily used during the academic year (August–May), during most of which the outside temperatures rarely go far above room temperature, although it can get very hot in August and September. However, the temperatures greatly rise when filled to capacity even in November."

Go figure...hope our guys are ready. Sounds like quite the hostile environment to play in. Been worried about this one for a while.

Their cockyness shows...

Oct 2, 2013, 11:56 AM

That they've never been there before

So very true*******

Oct 2, 2013, 11:57 AM

Really great point...

Oct 2, 2013, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Their cockyness shows... ]

That was my first thought about Hunt's comments. He is a young guy who has never been on this stage in this kind of game.

What surprises me is the O-Line coach. He sounded very un-coach like when discussing their gameplan and Beasley.

My guess is they plan on snapping the ball

Oct 2, 2013, 11:58 AM

While our D is still looking at the sidelines.......that's what he might mean by pulling something quick. Quite frankly surprised we haven't seen it done to us yet.....as granny Hawkins said...... All that big talk ain't worth doodly squat

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I tanslate their comment as quick 5yd pass plays

Oct 2, 2013, 12:30 PM

over the middle and a focus on running after the catch. No doubt they are keyed in on the cushion we tend to give receivers at the LOS and some bad angles we sometimes take in tackling. Whatever the shortcomings may be on D, our offense more than makes up for it. Pass for pass our QB is light years ahead of theirs.

Point for the Josey Wales reference.***

Oct 2, 2013, 12:41 PM [ in reply to My guess is they plan on snapping the ball ]

Re: My guess is they plan on snapping the ball

Oct 2, 2013, 12:56 PM [ in reply to My guess is they plan on snapping the ball ]

We'll pay em when we see em again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there's really only one flaw in their contention.

Oct 2, 2013, 12:01 PM

Actually, their entire rant is bullchit. We practiced the entire preseason in an enclose facility with the rain falling like pouring pee out of a boot with the temperatures mid 80s to mid 90s. Unless those putz practiced in their dome which was filled to capacity I don't expect they'll be any tougher than Clemson. This team has played over a hundred snaps of offense. Good luck breathing in the fourth quarter if the game is anywhere close.

We've beaten the best SEC team (don't let this go to your head Ugay, I still hate you) and taken everybody else on our schedule to the woodshed. Nobody had figured out how to out flank us yet while they've lost half of their games. Good luck finding a way to win when the 5th ranked team couldn't.

If we are gonna brag about what we did in the past then we have to go back to the eighties to find a suitable comparison for this Clemson team. Not that we have to go back that far to have something to brag about but that Clemson hasn't had a team comparable to our current team in 30 years. That's the last time we had the best team in the country. IMO, Cuse is playing the national champions this coming weekend. They should be honored so they got that part right!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aside from the fact that it's a bunch of delusional rhetoric***

Oct 2, 2013, 12:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

DITTO!!!***

Oct 2, 2013, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Well, there's really only one flaw in their contention. ]

We play in 90 degree heat each year....

Oct 2, 2013, 12:02 PM

its going to be 76 degrees up there on Saturday...hardly doubt it gets above the mid 80's in there. hardly a competitive advantage.

And 80+% humidity.*******

Oct 2, 2013, 12:26 PM

Who you trying to convince Cuse, us or you?***

Oct 2, 2013, 12:10 PM

My thoughts exactly. He's trying to convince himself.***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

LOL

Oct 2, 2013, 12:15 PM

I love how they think the lack of air conditioning is going to be a factor.

Newsflash New Yorkers: We practice in 95 degree heat on a regular basis. I doubt it will get that hot in your little dome. Also, we regularly play in stadiums with 80,000+ fans, so I don't really think your 50,000 will be as intimidating as you think....

Clemson overconfident?

Oct 2, 2013, 12:22 PM

They need to look in the mirror. I hope we teach them a lesson. We need to cordially welcome them into the league and make sure they realize they are the new kids on the block. They need the proper beat down to get that in their heads.

Oct 2, 2013, 12:30 PM

Hahahaha, Syracuse really has no clue what's coming to them......PLEASE DON'T JINGLE THOSE KEYS ON 3rd DOWN. What on earth is Tajh going to do???? LMAO, I can't believe they actually said some of these things.

As delusional as I expected..

Oct 2, 2013, 12:39 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like seeing their confidence as a new part of the ACC...I like seeing a team that is willing to give it all...but those remarks..

1) Oh no, not the keys..anything but the keys...whatever will we do? FYI Cuse fans, Clemson's Memorial Stadium used to hold the dB record for loudness and that's WITHOUT keys AND outdoors....quite sure our team won't be half as disrupted as you feel they will.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_loudest_college_football_stadiums

2) We, unlike Louisville and West Virginia, reside in the lower South...the heat in SC in the summer gets in the 90's daily, and has sometimes broke 100 on a really hot day. And keep in mind, the area is also quite known for humidity between 50-85%, so it feels even hotter than a basic dry heat...and seeing we have an indoor full field practice facility, I wouldn't bet the heat will be much of a factor like it was for teams that reside closer to the north like Louisville and WVU.

Might want to consider all factors....

Reading this and the following posts really made lunch fun***

Oct 2, 2013, 12:40 PM

My lunch is'nt ready yet. It's still simmering******

Oct 2, 2013, 1:08 PM

Oct 2, 2013, 12:40 PM

I don't think I remember any team saying things like this before a game with Clemson. It's good to believe you can win, but you just don't say things like this publicly.

Let me take a break from calling T-Net overconfident to say

Oct 2, 2013, 12:42 PM

that wet-behind-the-ears QB of theirs is running his mouth way too much. Usually teams give high praise to their opponents in press conferences. Syracuse is coming off WAY too arrogant and a bit douchy.

That little punk had the nerve to say about our team that we were not used to "keys on third down?" Is he so out of touch with tier one football that he thinks that is remotely on par with what we have or what Florida State has, or what Virginia Tech has, or what the coots have, or what Auburn has?

This guy needs a reality check in a BIG way.

SOMEONE GET THIS ARTICLE TO OUR D-LINE ASAP.

Re: Let me take a break from calling T-Net overconfident to say

Oct 2, 2013, 12:46 PM

Yeah, I noticed that. I think he more or less challenged our DLine....not very smart.

Screw Calford.

Little guy with a big mouth

Oct 2, 2013, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Let me take a break from calling T-Net overconfident to say ]

I've seen fistfights start this way. He's more or less just trying to convince himself. These are the types that, even AFTER there ### is kicked, they're still talking chit walking away.

Re: Let me take a break from calling T-Net overconfident to say

Oct 2, 2013, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Let me take a break from calling T-Net overconfident to say ]

Hopefully we get the same defensive results Florida State got against Northern Illinois last year in the Orange Bowl after their QB decided to run his mouth about their defense....

...and hopefully our offense shows up strong enough to drop more than 31 on them.

Re: Front Page Story: Opposing sideline: Syracuse confident they will win over No. 3 Clemson ***

Oct 2, 2013, 12:43 PM

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm predicting that

Oct 2, 2013, 12:44 PM

Our football team puts up more points than their basketball team does in their first conference game against Clemson.

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

WV and Louisville were ranked teams/Clemson is an elite team***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:05 PM

Re: WV and Louisville were ranked teams/Clemson is an elite team***

Oct 2, 2013, 6:09 PM

How badly did that WVU team beat you in that Orange Bowl?

That was a ranked Clemson team, with Kevin Steel as DC***

Oct 2, 2013, 7:45 PM

Oct 2, 2013, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: WV and Louisville were ranked teams/Clemson is an elite team*** ]

Not sure I understand the relevance here. Two totally different teams today and neither really owns that OB game TODAY.

Oct 2, 2013, 8:32 PM

I realize you want to glance over an attrocious showing in a game that Clemson was heavily favored, especially against a lowly Big East dreg. I merely bring up the fact that against a common opponent that year, Syracuse handily beat a team that Clemson couldn't keep under 70 points. (BTW, that was the last win for Syracuse that year as the next 5 were losses, keeping them from a bowl berth.) Now, as for relevance, they are indeed two different teams and I'm not going to talk junk on that point. I don't think Cuse will win this game, but I have seen some great games from Syracuse in the past when few have given them a chance.

We play outside in the South. I really hope they don't

Oct 2, 2013, 1:15 PM

think a non air conditioned dome is going to be of any help to them. Have them come play in August at Death Valley when the temp is in the mid 90's with 95% humidity. Syracuse sucks and I hate that they are in the ACC now. It's laughable to me that they would cite their lack of air conditioning as a serious home field advantage.

50k = 12th man? more like 11.5

they don't realize this isn't the big least this is big boy football

Haha, I love it.

Make sure you have Clemson's attention. That's the way to go about it.

I was slightly concerned....now Tigers roll.

52-13

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did they have this same confidence when they started 0-2?***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:24 PM

It's gotta suck going from artificial turf to natural grass

Oct 2, 2013, 1:28 PM

That has to feel like trying to run on foot-deep sand.

Re: It's gotta suck going from artificial turf to natural grass

Oct 2, 2013, 2:26 PM

you see how fast our kids are on grass just wait and see how fast they are on turf.. Sammy will look like a track star out there..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a bunch of guys that have been playing

Oct 2, 2013, 1:30 PM

in the Big East for a lot of years.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Sounds like a bunch of guys that have been playing

Oct 2, 2013, 1:33 PM

Sounds like a bunch of guys that are pretty confident in their abilities...I see cuse running the ball all game right at beasly (230lbs)...Our LT is one of best tackle prospects for the draft and our RB is bigger than your DE?If they can run the ball it should keep it entertaining...If not well u know

Tell me more about the Northwestern game***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:35 PM

Re: Tell me more about the Northwestern game***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:37 PM

What do you want to know? We shouldn't of played tranfer QB from Oklahoma? If he started the season we'd be 3-1 right now...

We're abt to welcome Cuse to the ACC... With an old fashion

Oct 2, 2013, 2:03 PM

ACE Whooping

He wants you to tell him how NW's offense destroyed your D.

Oct 2, 2013, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell me more about the Northwestern game*** ]

And by the way, our "#10" is better than both their QBs, as is our offense.

Re: Tell me more about the Northwestern game***

Oct 2, 2013, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell me more about the Northwestern game*** ]

And if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle...

I hope we run up the score now***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:58 PM

That crowd! Whew, I don't know Tigers...watch out. LOL***

Oct 2, 2013, 2:17 PM

Re: That crowd! Whew, I don't know Tigers...watch out. LOL***

Oct 2, 2013, 7:41 PM

The Tiger band hears more noise in front of more people at halftime in the Valley!

Well, it's not like I expect them to rollover

Oct 2, 2013, 2:22 PM

I'm glad that they've got a condensed playbook. It'll make it that much sweeter when they run out of plays after we've stopped them. Interesting that no defensive dudes were talking smack.

Oct 2, 2013, 2:28 PM

who was the guy that is boasting about their 230lb running back.. outside of one run we shut down one of the best running backs in the country in Todd Gurley. I dont even know who this running back from Cuse is. So that should tell you something.

Wow a hot dome

Oct 2, 2013, 2:30 PM

Funny! I wonder if they have ever practiced in August in South Carolina? It may be a nice temperature minus the humidity for our Tigers to whip your tail!

Oct 2, 2013, 2:34 PM

Pretty bold statements comingle from a .500 team with wins over tune and Wagner. Confidence is one thing, but this kind of cockiness sounds like immaturity. Plus, clemson has been talking up Syracuse and how challenging it will be. These comments spit in the face of the respect we've shown them. Hang a 100 on them, fellas.

Oct 2, 2013, 2:37 PM

Totally agree with this...Dabo and company have been pretty nice with compliments saying cuse is a good team and were pyhsical not sure why we would want to stir the pot? Considering who we beat I think we may be getting more respect than we should?

Let me tell you over-confidence = scared to death...

Oct 2, 2013, 2:40 PM

1) They had to put on sale lower bowl seats to get people to pay to come to the game. Look at the background in the photo...

2) Their QB has to talk about how bad they are "going" to beat us

3) Their head coach and offensive linemen both bit off more than they can chew and then try to humble themselves.

4) The RB has to "back his QB" because ESPN is saying too much about Tajh.

I don't think they sound like their the #3 team. I think they are a team that needs to find ways to hype themselves up to the point to play an A game against us. We shall see on Saturday!!!

Go Go Get Em!!!!

**TACKY!

Oct 2, 2013, 2:48 PM

Syracuse fans should be ashamed of their team for running their mouth like this. That's poor coaching too! Classless.

Thanks for the bulletin board material, ########!

I say......

Oct 2, 2013, 3:24 PM

our Tigers kick their #### and just for good measure, our mascot squeezes a little Orange Julius out of that pansy-arse mascot of theirs for "good measure"....what say you?????

What would one expect her to say? I just want to stay alive?***

Oct 2, 2013, 3:23 PM

Re: HC bragging about losing to L'ville last year?

Oct 2, 2013, 3:33 PM

huh?

Oct 2, 2013, 3:36 PM

And enough with the "we beat Louisville and WV" talk. No disrespect to either qb; one starts in the NFL, and one will be competing for a starting spot next season. Neither one is Tajh, though. You're talking about a Mountaineer squad that was clearly, completely, totally overranked and ended up going 7-6 and a Teddy Bridgewater that has exactly one signature win on his resume. And you want to take them and compare them to a 5th year senior who knows his system inside and out that has not only played in, but also won huge games on huge stages with huge stakes? Apples to oranges, children. You haven't seen anything like Tajh before and probably won't for a good long while. Clemson is not intimidated by your precious little "big wins" in any way. Besides, it's not like we haven't heard that tired old "We're dangerous at home" argument already this season. Yeah, we won that game.

Oct 2, 2013, 3:47 PM

Well, I'm sure we're not taking them as lightly as they're taking us.

Their overconfidence is good. . .for us.

Forget all the chatter, truth is....

Oct 2, 2013, 3:48 PM

we're going to have to play really well to win Saturday.

Doesn't matter one lick what their coach, QB, lineman, etc or what Dabo-Boyd-Beasley say.

Rather all the players/coaches just shut it and get ready for the game.

Their QB is young and excitable. He has nothing to lose by running his hole. He's just jacking up his team for the biggest game of their season.

Bulletin board material , etc. is overhyped. If they come out and put a get out to a quick 10-0 lead or 17-3 lead, then players from both sides may start to believe all the media stuff.

Truth is, this IS a tough game in a tough place to play. They have a QB with the tools MUCH LIKE CJ BROWN at Maryland to keep plays alive and connect downfield with big plays.

We have corners who have given up big plays and young safety's who have had difficulty tackling.

Our front 7 though have been OUTSTANDING, and if we can make him become a pocket passer with pressure on his blind side without losing containment, he will make mistakes and we leave with a double digit victory.

Their D will leave their corners alone and give our big play guys a chance for quick strikes. We need HUGE games from Hot Rod, Zac, DJ in both pass protection against the blitz and to be the check down receiver. RB's could have 10+ catches between them out of the backfield. Those 3 will be the MVP's of the game if we win.

We clearly SHOULD win the game, but this game does worry me quite a bit, more so than @ NC state/@ UVA. (I think we will be very prepared @ Maryland).

Oct 2, 2013, 3:49 PM

I don't know where the confidence is coming from. They lost to Northwestern and Penn State, now it sounds like they're playing the 103rd ranked team in the country. I'm really not worried at all. I like their whole "try and stop us" attitude, they don't remember the offense that we run and that very few teams have even slowed Clemson down let alone stopped us. I just don't see it happening.

Clemson 49 - Syracuse 21

Oct 2, 2013, 3:56 PM

Is this a true article? I can't see these players saying this type of stuff on here.

I can't speak for their football players, but....

Oct 2, 2013, 4:23 PM

Being a Clemson grad who lived in the Syracuse area for several years; I can tell you the people in that area believe everyone born south of Mason-Dixon is dumber than a bag of hammers.

If you tell yourself you're the center of the universe

Oct 2, 2013, 4:46 PM

enough times, eventually you'll begin to believe it. Problem is you've only convinced one person.

Operation Shattered Delusion

We'll be ready to introduce you to southern football!

Oct 2, 2013, 4:33 PM

Gooooooooo Tigersssssssssssssssssssssss

"He plays with good pads"

Oct 2, 2013, 5:05 PM

Really?!

Cute.***

Oct 2, 2013, 5:19 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The one thing I am most impressed with here

Oct 2, 2013, 5:42 PM

Is you haven't heard a word out of our boys in retaliation for these senile remarks. Our boys know exactly what they have to do Dabo and company will know how to exploit this offense and defense. They seem to forget that they are on film too.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: The one thing I am most impressed with here

Oct 2, 2013, 5:50 PM

Clemson 41
SU 18

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The one thing I am most impressed with here

Oct 2, 2013, 7:49 PM [ in reply to The one thing I am most impressed with here ]

We have a coach and a team that understands the definition of true power:

"Knowing that you can but you don't"

@dugatiger

Oct 2, 2013, 7:47 PM

Yeah remember that well... reggie ball. After falling short @ FSU the previous week, he said and I quote '' we will not lose another game period''. And well,well,well the next week him and the little bees got dismantled. It was J.J. Howard that echoed those words about talking big for being little..

Just my take on the chatter

Oct 2, 2013, 7:49 PM

I have full confidence that Dabo will have our boys prepared. Our players know what and what not to say into a microphone. They'll put in the work all week in practice, step into the dome with their mouths shut and to all of our pleasure, they will beat the everliving snot out of those bottom-feeders.

The Cuse is in for a "welcome to the ACC moment"

Oct 2, 2013, 8:20 PM

That is very different than if they opened up with Wake Forest.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

What a joke!!

Oct 2, 2013, 9:05 PM

Clemson is in SC!! I think we can handle a little heat!!

This is just fuel!!!

Oct 2, 2013, 9:17 PM

I hope our Tigers are reading this stuff.

NW burned them with sluggo routes... Sammy

Oct 3, 2013, 6:01 AM

is going to have a field day!

Take out the Wagner game, Syracuse has 93rd ranked offense..

Oct 3, 2013, 8:30 AM

also without the Wagner game, their rushing offense would be ranked 94th in FBS. And this is the offense that's going to exploit our defense that "only looks good on TV, but not in reality."

Replies: 124
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic