Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The very Offense tweets to Fitz are cyberbullying
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The very Offense tweets to Fitz are cyberbullying

Dec 6, 2016, 10:35 PM

People have committed suicide for being bullied online like Fitz has been. When people tweet they hope his wife geys rapred or they hope he dies, that is the exact definition of cyberbullying. There was a press conference a few minutes ago on ESPN News a professional golfer gave who had to a few weeks off golf because of depression she went into because of online bullying.
If you are a cyberbully you aren't a Tiger....plain and simple

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I may not like his opinions but he is a human being

Dec 6, 2016, 10:38 PM

Treat him with kindness it always wins, and usually for you.

Agreed - he says he doesn't like Clemson because

Dec 6, 2016, 10:42 PM

some fans act like #####. So, some fans respond by acting like #####. To those that are behaving this way - would you say such things in person? In front of your mother? If not, why do it on line?

Re: The very Offense tweets to Fitz are cyberbullying

Dec 6, 2016, 10:59 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but aren't you the one to rag on holly's hair without knowing all of the facts. Almost every week someone has a smart a$$ comment to say about her. My apologies if it was not you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2016, 11:09 PM

I simply asked what happened to her hair. I had no idea she had cancer. I apologized for it in that same thread if you took time to read it.
What I asked is a far cry from wishing ill to someone

Dec 6, 2016, 11:46 PM

I read the whole thread. "She got too close to a weed eater" aka "I simply asked what happened to her hair." Sorry... NOT THE same in my book. Its not cyber bullying technically, it just does not jive with spirit of "If you are a cyberbully you aren't a Tiger....plain and simple". Agreed that you did not threaten someone. But you shamed someone for your own pleasure. I see where people have stood up for you for being a "good" guy. And good for you if you are. Take care...

Those who visit Tigernet do so at their own risk.

Dec 7, 2016, 12:11 AM

Reaching out to someone else to put something in their face is where "cyberbullying" kicks in. It seems like Crump and Company have done a fair job of cutting down on that line of talk here within the walls when it comes to harassing individual posters and members, but outside of that there's a lot of fair game.

I don't see anything resembling cyberbullying in the poster's comment at all. Insensitive maybe after learning that the cut wasn't by choice, but fessed up and accounted for later.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2016, 11:11 PM

I wonder how many are coots and whatnot are jumping on the bullying train just to try to make our fan base look bad? U know? under fake accounts posing as Tigers.

Dec 6, 2016, 11:13 PM

This has legs. I think there is a real possibility for some of that going on.

oh that could never happen

Dec 7, 2016, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The very Offense tweets to Fitz are cyberbullying ]

geez

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This has become ridiculous. Can someone link to the

Dec 6, 2016, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL situation that led to his rant?

Honest to goodness, I'm not intending to condone anyone who is being rude on social media. But it is 2016. Is anyone surprised that he is getting abused for his display on tv? I am not at all.

For the record, I have no social media accounts that I ever use except for Facebook, and I certainly have not discussed this silly situation on that site.

null

Did he actually say, or tweet (same responsibility), that

Dec 6, 2016, 11:24 PM

Krispy Kreme donuts "suck"?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did he actually say, or tweet (same responsibility), that

Dec 6, 2016, 11:25 PM

That is mean! :)

Just sayin', if that particular comment isn't fake news,

Dec 6, 2016, 11:35 PM

then maybe he had some of this coming. Dissing on a team and its fans is one thing, dissing on our food is another. That's personal.

Maybe he should reach out to Jim Boeheim and see how he handled his earlier abuse when he took that road when Syracuse joined the league.

In all (further) seriousness, it is highly disappointing to see outright ignorant and hateful things posted anywhere from anyone that calls themselves a Clemson fan. The odds that some of the comments he received were from an IPTAY member are likely 0.0%.

Hope this blows over soon for all involved.

There's something on Twitter called the BLOCK button...

Dec 6, 2016, 11:25 PM

Not hard to find...just sayin

Dec 6, 2016, 11:39 PM

So that weirdo can diss Clemson players and team on National TV for months but get butt hurt when Tiger Twitter Army stand up for them....Screw him!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2016, 6:47 AM

Part of me wants to say, "yes cyber bullying is bad and there is no place for it, not matter the situation."

Then I think, "shouldn't he just stop looking at Twitter for a while if it hurts him so badly?Why is he so sensitive? Why is he still tying his tie knots like it's 2005?"

I hate social media. Instagram is all I have and I hate it but do it for family out of State to see my wife and kid.

Cyber bullying is so BS and snowflake-esque. Get punched every single pay going to class or sprayed with Icy/hot everyday after football practice. That is real and good bullying.

Dec 7, 2016, 6:57 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sticks and stones.***

Dec 7, 2016, 7:24 AM

Dec 7, 2016, 7:36 AM

I've been a Tiger Fan for 40 years and a online follower for 15 and sadly when I read what he said I knew what he was speaking of is true. We have a segment of our fan base that have no other life than Clemson football. When things are written about us they go off the deep end and many times can't handle simple truths. It was funny reading their comments about how Jimbo whined about officials and then the things they wrote after the Pitt. loss. They love to run down the coot fans when the only difference in them and the coot fans is the color of their shirts. We'll prolly lose a few games next year and we will see their rage and anger again.

Message was edited by: #1TIGER®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic