Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did anyone have a bad experience with dog fans?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,883

Did anyone have a bad experience with dog fans?

Sep 1, 2013, 12:38 PM

For the most part, the fans I met were great. I did see a bus full of drunk frat girls and boys flipping off and talking trash to a group of little kids. Very classless! Also, we had one ####### in our section that was so annoying and I thought the 70 year old man beside him would lay him out! Luckily, security handled it...guy even tried to sneak back to his seat, but he didn't fool the cop. Job well done security!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they were pretty cool, knowledgeable football fans.

Sep 1, 2013, 12:42 PM

I went out of my way to strike up conversations, ask how their experience was, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One dawg behind us had nothing but great things to say about

Sep 1, 2013, 12:46 PM

Our campus and fans. He said they had a wonderful experience and will be rooting for us the rest of the season. It's nice to be a part of a fan base with class! He didn't have nice things to say about the coots though!...which is no surprise!

They won't reciprocate in Athens, that's for sure. Be prepared. ***

Sep 1, 2013, 1:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Guaranteed !! *****

Sep 1, 2013, 6:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no but saw some Clemson fans being total jerks to UGA fans

Sep 1, 2013, 5:59 PM

Most we're good on both sides but we've got some bad fans too. Everyone does.

Re: UGA women are loud and rowdy drunks for the most part***

Sep 1, 2013, 6:01 PM

Not personally, but I saw a few instances of Dawg behavior

Sep 1, 2013, 6:47 PM

- There was fight between a teenage tiger fan and Dog fan in the RV lot.
- The women's bathroom at Doug Kingmore was trashed and vandalized by Dawg women.
- There was a lot of drunk Dawg fans trash talking. It reminded me of the SCar fans.

Re: Did anyone have a bad experience with dog fans?

Sep 1, 2013, 6:54 PM

I had some good and bad interactions with dawg fans. The Uga fans tailgating next to me were very kind and enjoyable to be around. On the other hand the Uga fan sitting behind me at the game was a major a*##### and continuously ran his mouth. I also had an unpleasant experience after the game. Very disappointed with the behavior of Uga fans I had to deal with. Go tigers 1-0!

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

Had some sitting in front of me in UC, row R

Sep 1, 2013, 6:58 PM

Not a single problem. Enjoyed the time. Funny true story, one of the girls watched the 1st quarter w a finger in each ear. The most obnoxious person I saw was the Tiger fan in his 60's who must have misplaced his med's. He must have forgotten where he was sitting cuz we didnt see him in second half.

By the same token, i never saw my pal SuperDuperDawg. I had to drink his beer and then sat in traffic for 3 hours on account I waited for him at Esso ( maybe he got lost or heard it closes early)

Could it be SuperDuper was actually the one w finger in each ear? Go Dogs! Beat the Chickens!!

Overall was pleasant

Sep 1, 2013, 7:00 PM

Smartest dawg fan was the one who parked next to us in the Heisman lot. He parked his car, got out, and gave a bag of boiled peanuts as a peace offering. Classy and brilliant idea.

Re: Did anyone have a bad experience with dog fans?

Sep 1, 2013, 7:09 PM

Most of the UGa women weren't hard to look at and most of the fans seemed cordial enough. However, I was walking to the game with my kids in front of me (10 and 12 yo) and a football under my arm in a pretty big crowd. As I passed two Ga fans, one said "fumble" and knocked the all out of my arm. I hardly noticed the guy, so I certainly didn't instigate anything - he and his friend were just being ########, plain and simple. Once I realized what had happened, I turned around (they had passed me by then) and said, "Hey! What's your problem?". Of course they ignored me and kept walking - major cowards. I took a few steps and called after them, "Hey, hey!" I just wanted to call them out and make them acknowledge what they did. As I took those few steps, a girl grabbed my arm and asked me to let it go. I smiled and told her to tell him he needs to calm down and that all I wanted was an acknowledgement. Bottom line is that it was just some drunk pansy who wasn't willing to stand up to what he did. I was pissed, but I calmed down before I got to the stadium. I suppose I am glad my kids didn't see it. I assume the girl was his girlfriend or wife - I hope she gives him hell.

The ones who traveled probably were nice.

Sep 1, 2013, 7:12 PM

I've been to a game in Athens wearing opposing colors (don't worry, I was forced to by my friends, I wasn't happy about it), and it was absolutely terrible. When your wearing the competitions jersey, I expect to get some verbal heckling (in fact, I would be disappointed if I didn't), but they were downright rude, coming up and getting physical with me hoping I would start a fight so that all their friends could join in.

Re: The ones who traveled probably were nice.

Sep 1, 2013, 7:17 PM

Yep ,that is a Georgia home game. Get ready. You will be asking "Where are those nice, well-dressed Georgia fans that were at our game?"

My experience, FWIW ...

Sep 1, 2013, 7:15 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14252183

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

The two sitting near me were quiet....but there was this guy

Sep 1, 2013, 7:18 PM

after the game who cracked me up. He approached me and said "Don't get too happy; This is not the same Georgia team that almost beat Alabama".....I just smiled and said he could call it whatever he wanted, but we won. I did wish him luck next week and walked away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not this game. I think they're different at their home

Sep 1, 2013, 7:42 PM

Granted been a long time but I was just sitting in the stands in the 80's and had a drink thrown on me.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,883
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic