Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The two cupcakes early help tremendously...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 814

The two cupcakes early help tremendously...

Feb 24, 2015, 4:32 PM

I like the pageantry of a big season opener, but starting off with Wofford and App State gives everyone on our team a chance to gel. Our O and D line can get some cohesiveness going, and some of our talented freshman can get a chance to experience everything in game. Getting a backup QB some much needed experience will be paramount as well. I can see our backup getting plenty of in-game experience if Watson can stay healthy and put some of the games away early.

This has the potential to be a really fun season, and honestly, a lot of it can be attributed to these two games. I feel if we played UGA later in the season, that would have been a totally different outcome. Can't wait for this season to get under way...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The two cupcakes early help tremendously...

Feb 24, 2015, 4:41 PM

Wow, that's one way to spin it. You could run for public office with a rationale like that... Two cupcakes are completely unnecessary, especially back-to-back to start a season. Our guys get better competition in an intra-squad scrimmage than they do playing teams like Wofford. As boring as it is, I can tolerate one tune-up, boring as it may be, but two? Come on. Not necessary. Would much rather do another home-and-home with a real team. That's what the players and fans want.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does that work out for the coots and their SEC schedule?

Feb 24, 2015, 4:45 PM

Given, the SEC is a bit of a shame, but the perception is still there. They have 10-11 win season and what do they get? It's not all about WHO you play...a lot of it is the timing. With your scenario, you'd be breaking one of our toes before the race.

I'll take the safe path to a national title...to #### with this macho 'I-only-wanna-play-the-best' BS. We'll get plenty of that already on our schedule.

Re: The two cupcakes early help tremendously...

Feb 24, 2015, 4:42 PM

Wofford is not a cupcake.

Last time we played we were leading the game into the 3rd quarter and Tiger Fans all around us were booing.

Wofford was up 24-21 and dropped a sure Pick 6 that would have put us up 31-21 with around 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

Clemson scored twice and held Wofford to a short FG to win 35-27 but Wofford was near midfield on the final drive when the drive was stopped on a 4th and 1.

Wofford gave Clemson everything they wanted that day and then some.

Not in any way saying this game will be the same or that Wofford will win Of course, but when you play Wofford you know you are in a dog fight......we are not some silly Paladin or Blue Hose.

The last time we played? ....was Steele DC?

Feb 24, 2015, 4:49 PM

Nuff said. When WAS the last time we played Wofford?

That was 2011...do you think these two teams are in any

Feb 24, 2015, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The two cupcakes early help tremendously... ]

way the same teams they were in 2011? The biggest difference, as already mentioned is the fact that our inept DC at that time is no longer here. Wofford had around 500 yards on offense against Clemson. Clemson would flat out run Wofford out the building if we played them last year, and it ain't going to be much different come next year. The right coaches are in place to keep this from being a contest...sorry to dis your terriers, but Wofford isn't anywhere near Clemson right now...they have no weakness to exploit on our team.

Yeah, he probably does.***

Feb 24, 2015, 5:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wofford lololololol

Feb 25, 2015, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: The two cupcakes early help tremendously... ]

lololololol

I gave you a point though you left out 'chemistry.'

Feb 24, 2015, 5:18 PM

No good analysis is complete without addressing 'chemistry.' I know all about this stuff cause I watched ESPiN once.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought about mentioning how we'd pin our ears back this

Feb 24, 2015, 5:19 PM

season but I didn't want to sound all Ed Cuntingham-ish.

We'll find out

Feb 24, 2015, 5:21 PM

September 17. Louisville opens with Auburn then Houston.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 814
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic