Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The truth of the matter at QB is that KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

The truth of the matter at QB is that KB

Aug 27, 2018, 9:45 PM

has most likely improved from last year, but probably not a ton. Does he throw downfield better now than he did last year? Yes. Does he do it consistently, in a real game, with a live defense? Probably not.

Trevor Lawrence is probably improving at a rapid clip. His improvement isn't as much in mechanics and passing ability, since he had that coming in. Rather, his improvement is probably in his knowledge of the offense and his ability to adjust to the speed of the game. In all likelihood, it is probably a matter of when, not if, he passes Bryant.

The coaches and players probably see it the same way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hey Judge...

Aug 27, 2018, 10:05 PM

is that a pic of you, maybe years ago, and I’ve met both the Judge & his Son over the many years and neither looked like that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, my profile pic is a young Brad Brownell.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:07 PM

And I am not related to the Judge Keller folks. I wanted a unique Clemson-related TNet handle, so I chose Judge Keller.

Thankfully, I'm not a judge or attorney either. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: No, my profile pic is a young Brad Brownell.

Aug 28, 2018, 6:26 AM

Just for the record, my profile pick is not me either. I’m actually Batman.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 8:34 AM

I was really hoping you were SpaceGhost

Aug 28, 2018, 8:03 AM [ in reply to No, my profile pic is a young Brad Brownell. ]

Funny thing is, everyone "hates" attorneys until you actually need one. Then, suddenly, they're your best friend.

Screw Calford.

Re: everyone hates attorneys

Aug 28, 2018, 8:35 AM

Too true.

My daughter married one (when he was still in law school.) He is a great young attorney. So he is the lightning rod at family gatherings--you love him or are p*ssed at him, sometimes in the same conversation. Even when you agree with him, you disagree with the reasons why.

But he listens very well, and always takes interest in others. That includes little kids and aged seniors who are not prospective clients.

When he asked for my daughter's hand (etc.), i told him, "The only good shark is my shark. Welcome to the family."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The truth of the matter at QB is that KB

Aug 27, 2018, 10:17 PM

For me, I don't doubt he's improved... In practice. But practices are not live, haven't been since Deshaun's freshman year. I understand why you don't want to do live, injury worry, but I've always thought this would go to game to be the real battle.

KB was going to step up in camps with Trevor's play coming in, question now becomes can he translate it onto the field where it matters the most. Can't say I saw it in the spring game. But if he can in the games, by all means he can take his shot at it all this season. But by no means should anyone, coaches included, give him a pass and overstay in bad play... We don't need another FSU 2013 game or Syracuse where we watch a QB sink, and no attempt is made to try another in case the other guy had the hot hand that day.

They really need to manage this properly... And use both (or all 3) at the best times. I can see the scenario of both being used. I'm just questioning if it's best KB start and score could be slower or less, and Trevor end it bigger... Or if it'd be better to let Trevor start big, and you have Kelly and his running to make teams pay later... Or even maybe finish things off if Trevor has a freshman learning game.

Either way, spot the ball. Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What exactly was controversial about the QB situation during

Aug 28, 2018, 1:10 AM

the 2013 FSU game? Did you really want to pull Boyd? in favor of Stoudt?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a reasonable guess.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:48 PM

We'll see soon enough.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm hoping it takes all season before we settle on one QB.

Aug 27, 2018, 11:36 PM

Keep mixing it up. Changes of pace. Win with all 3.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm hoping it takes all season before we settle on one QB.

Aug 28, 2018, 6:01 AM

I THINK that the only team that has ever won the NCG with a 2 QB system, was the Florida Gators, and they done it with Chris Leak and Tim Tebow under Urban Meyer in 2008....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally a good sensible post.***

Aug 28, 2018, 5:58 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you posted about the coaches and players but not the fans

Aug 28, 2018, 8:08 AM

the truth is the coaches and players are liars. they all have hidden agendas and top secretly want to lose.

the only truth is my truth cause I have stats and youtube. I'm the only one who wants to win games cause losing games hurts me the mostest.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^^sounds like my ex***

Aug 28, 2018, 8:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's intuitively obvious.***

Aug 28, 2018, 8:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic