Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The truth about Lamar Jackson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,669

The truth about Lamar Jackson

Oct 15, 2016, 9:28 AM

If it weren't for his legs he wouldn't be mentioned as a top QB in the country. Now I won't take it from him that he is a fantastic athlete but consider this. Lamar Jackson currently resides inside the top 15 in rushing attempts in the NCAA. He has run the rock more than all but a dozen running backs in college football. His own very capable RB Brandon Radcliffe doesn't even crack the top 100 in attempts despite a better then 8ypc average last I checked. He is an athlete with a decent arm whose Heisman campaign will greatly benefit from torching Charlotte Syracuse and Marshall early in the season (1,100 passing yards) but watch as teams learn his tendencies and key on his unwillingness to let his RB take the read option even when it's there to pad his stats. This train will slow far down off is September pace in the coming weeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP..and DW4 says hellO!

Oct 15, 2016, 9:31 AM

And John says hellO later in NY.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And?***

Oct 15, 2016, 9:33 AM

Re: And?***

Oct 15, 2016, 9:46 AM

I haven't seen LJ in action as a receiver, but if he can catch a ball better than he can pass one with accuracy, he would be a h&ll of a receiver. I say this only bc he is as good as any receiver in the country running in space. And he is as elusive as any in the country if not the best. If LJ had DW4s arm accuracy with his speed and elusiveness, best QB in the country he would be. Being that a QB's main job isn't as a runner, hands down I would rather have DW4 as my QB....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The truth about Lamar Jackson

Oct 15, 2016, 9:36 AM

It's amazing how teams let him keep the ball every time on the zone read. He keeps it literally every single time except for two or three gives per game. That final drive against Duke after the roughing the kicker penalty, Duke went for the back every time. Makes no sense, I mean they have scouting reports, how do they not see that?

Oct 15, 2016, 9:50 AM

We did it in the second half. It is hard to a DE to not get sucked in.

Oct 15, 2016, 9:49 AM

He is third in rushing yards and first in TDs and he is a QB. Pretty impressive to say the least. 11th in passing yards and tied 9th in passing TDs. Call me crazy but those are some amazing numbers idc who you are playing. Now I do believe DW is the better player and QB and he is more of a winner which will have some say in the Heisman. Dont try to take away what Lamar Jackson has done.

The truth about Lamar Jackson is Clemson did nothing to calm the hype

Oct 15, 2016, 9:54 AM

Dude took it to us in the 2nd half.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd half pad stats

Oct 15, 2016, 8:59 PM

He did great against our worn out D but we shut him down in the first half. I'm not saying this to discredit him but rather compliment our D. We control the clock better and they do nothing that game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO, he might just....

Oct 15, 2016, 9:59 AM

be the best player in the country....that's right.
Up for debate, but I won't argue.

Re: IMO, he might just....

Oct 15, 2016, 11:31 AM

Oh now that was sweet;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it wernt for nuks hands****

Oct 15, 2016, 11:42 AM

If it wasn't for sammys speed. Give me a break. You and people like you are jokes

Re: If it wernt for nuks hands****

Oct 15, 2016, 11:47 AM

Preach man. I wish people could really just appreciate sports and watching amazing athletes, instead of having a grudge against them because they play against the team you "pull" for hahaha

If Deshaun didn't have his calm demeneanor ***

Oct 15, 2016, 11:45 AM

But, he does. And actually Jackson has shown to be fairly accurate, especially on short passes . He's only a sophomore. I don't get why some of y'all are Trying to hard to find reasons to knock his stock

Re: If Deshaun didn't have his calm demeneanor ***

Oct 15, 2016, 11:49 AM

Did you watch the game last night? His passing is atrocious

Oct 15, 2016, 11:54 AM

That's probably how he will play for the rest of his career. I'm sure any time anyone thinks of him this season, they are gonna say "remember that game against Duke?" Just like people define Deshaun off of the Troy game from earlier this year

Oct 15, 2016, 8:53 PM

Come on, be real... No one outside of a Chicken thinks the Troy game defines DW4. Not saying you are a Chicken fan, although you did in fact use the Troy game, one of their "Go to" examples.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 10:16 PM

That's his point. We don't define Deshaun by the Troy game. So why try and define Jackson by Duke game

Oct 15, 2016, 11:48 AM

Is that next year we will have our hands full with him. I hope we have a QB that steps up and can score.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 11:53 AM

While I am not overly impressed with his passing abilities thus far, I will say his overall athleticism is unparalleled. That said, I like our guy has an overall quarterback much better but the scary thing is that said, I like our guy as an overall quarterback much better but the scary thing is should Bobby Petrino stay in Louisville then he has two more seasons of eligibility with this guy to improve. Think about that for a second if he gets even a little better as a passer the entire country is on notice. I am not a fan of the team at all but it's hard to ignore what's right in front of your face. Simply put, him as a better-than-average passer, with his running ability will dominate college football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2016, 9:06 PM

Nc st may very well bust lamers ### next week

even my Persian cats get bored reading

Oct 15, 2016, 10:18 PM

this type of stuff all day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,669
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic