Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The thing with the tone of the debate last night........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 317

The thing with the tone of the debate last night........

Sep 30, 2020, 7:48 AM

And this isn't a defense of how it went or Trump's behavior.

Wasn't it pretty much how they'd all go if they spoke their minds and really said how they felt, only minus the common courtesy, contrived diplomacy and $20 words?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was pretty much how they'd all go if the candidates

Sep 30, 2020, 8:10 AM

were drunk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if Joe was drunk and Trump was blowing gatorbacks

Sep 30, 2020, 8:44 AM

off the bar

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was pretty much how they'd all go if the candidates

Sep 30, 2020, 5:33 PM [ in reply to It was pretty much how they'd all go if the candidates ]

If i had to guess, Biden popped a couple of Bennies before walking onto the stage. he seemed entirely too relaxed under the circumstances and kept chuckling to himself.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the history of the Presidency, only one president came

Sep 30, 2020, 2:50 PM

from outside of three professions. Every single president was either a General, a Senator or a State Govenor prior to being President. Trump is the first non-governmental citizen ever to assume the Presidency.

What does this have to do with the tone of the debate? Well, Trump speaks the way many people have said they wanted over the years. His filter is smaller and he doesn't parse his speech through a historical context. We see what that leads to..not a lawyerly, courtroom type of debate, but actual argument.

Some hate it and some like it, but many have said over the years that it is what they wanted.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

It was painful to sit through the first time

Sep 30, 2020, 3:12 PM

Re: It was painful to sit through the first time

Sep 30, 2020, 5:08 PM

T3Tiger® said:

but I did it again. There were definitely some parts Trump could have tuned down, like arguing with Wallace. After re-watching it though, I think most of it was very calculated, whether some found it offensive or not. Think about it:

He got Biden immediately flustered and calling Trump names

He got his base to be against Wallace and the MSM once again

He got Biden to distance himself from the far left

I haven’t seen any polls other than CNN giving Biden a clear victory and that’s no surprise. I’ve seen several with Trump winning but most reflect the existing split in the country. It will be interesting to see if the polls move at all and what direction.

I think that's fair. I think it would be reasonable to say that Trump won in a sense because he didn't allow Biden to win.

But yeah, that was painful to watch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 5:24 PM

Sep 30, 2020, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: It was painful to sit through the first time ]

Trump didn't win. Period.

There's a thing called reductive tactics you can do in a soccer game. You hack, trip, push, elbow, shoulder, stomp on a guy's foot, time-waste, dive, play-act...basically, every dirty, vicious, and in particular time-wasting thing you can do, you do. It uglies the the game up, slows it down, keeps an opponent from ever getting in a rhythm, p!sses him off, gets him off his game. In the game of soccer they're known as the "Dark Arts".

The big problem with reductive tactics is, it's a bad, bad idea to do it when you're behind. The last thing you wanna do when you need goals is not get out and play. Trump's down seven points in the polls, and the biggest reason why is, 53%-55% of America is convinced he's unfit...and guess what, they still absolutely do.

Trump needed to start convincing people he himself was a fit president, not try to obliterate Biden. He went for the street K.O...and didn't get it. Which means the next debate is going to have a mike the moderator has the power to cut off...and if Trump won't agree to that, there won't be one - Trump's behavior gave Biden the pretense to do exactly that - which means it could already be Game Over, and Biden coasts to the nomination.

Keep in mind also, the Times isn't near done with Trump - there's a new revelation coming every week, and I very much doubt they started with the juiciest. And I very much doubt the New York Times is the last revelations Trump is going to have to face before Nov.3.

Trump hasn't lost yet. But he definitely just swung wildly and missed...on what might end up being his last real chance to affect the election.

Replies: 8
| visibility 317
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic