Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Conversation with Terry Don Phillips - Part III - Facilities
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Conversation with Terry Don Phillips - Part III - Facilities

Feb 11, 2012, 12:43 PM

Conversation with Terry Don Phillips - Part III - Facilities

When does Clemson AD Terry Don Phillips say the new dining hall and indoor practice facility will be ready? Find out what changes to the Death Valley video and sound system are set for the 2012 season. What else in facilities needs to be accomplished? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Conversation with Terry Don Phillips - Part III - Facilities

Feb 11, 2012, 12:55 PM

Give TDP all the credit...our facilities are a million times better than they were.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Conversation with Terry Don Phillips - Part III - Facilities

Feb 11, 2012, 6:32 PM

As much as many of you hate to admit it. Tommy Bowden had a very big impact on all the up grades happening. Even when you hate it, you have to give credit when credit is due....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2012, 10:05 PM

That's correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2012, 2:10 PM

I have been to many other programs around the country and there is no doubt that Clemson has one of the top 5 football environments and facilities in the country, period! Even when the facilities were behind other programs 10 years ago, the environment is what continued to make Clemson's program so attractive...and that is one thing that will never go away! Now that Clemson has progressive, state of the art facitilies it will continue to attract top 10 recruiting classes most every year. You step onto the Clemson campus on any football Saturday and you immediately feel and see the raw, pure, traditional football environment that only few programs around the country actually have. It is totally something that has to do with the God made surroundings, fans and facilities. Clemson is at the top on God made surroundings....blue ridge mountains in view, lake next to the stadium, immediate landscape as plush as can be, no ugly distraction or interference from city sprawl, and a pure college campus that is envied by many college programs across the country!! The haters make try to make fun of the college town of Clemson understand that it is ONLY due to their own envy and jealousy, period!! I also love it when the haters say that Clemson is in the middle of nowhere not realizing that one of the top things that college students enjoy about going to college at Clemson is the immediate environment on the campus as well as the close proximity of Greenville and Atlanta. Clemson University and it's students have more support from those two progressive cities than any other programs in the southeast! Oh yeah, the haters love to hate in some of these internet threds but it's all to obvious that it is because they feel inferior to the PROGRAM that is Clemson University.

Top tier environment so why perennial unranked/fringe Top 25***

Feb 13, 2012, 11:52 AM

Oculus baby!!!!!

Feb 11, 2012, 2:20 PM

Bring it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

facilities ........

Feb 11, 2012, 2:45 PM

I once had a walk through the 'facilities' at the Duke basketball gym (Cameron) and they scared the he!! out of me. It was like being in a medievil dungeon. No sane man would take a shower in that dump yet they seem to have done quite well. Facilities are important but having a winning tradition with excellent academics will get you more recruits with the right attitude. imo

Re: facilities ........

Feb 11, 2012, 6:41 PM

Lemons and Peaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ultimate softball interview. More like a TDP PR release.***

Feb 13, 2012, 11:55 AM

So does that mean another lavender scoreboard?***

Feb 11, 2012, 3:07 PM

Scoreboard

Feb 11, 2012, 3:22 PM

Our scoreboard video would look better without the ads in the side margins (Bi-Lo, Jackaroo, etc.)

Maybe with two boards, it will free up space for a larger display. Given the revenue generated from those ads...I doubt it.

Been to a lot of stadiums and by far the best I've seen is

Feb 11, 2012, 4:01 PM

MSU... that HD screen is awesome. I caught myself watching the screen instead of the field. Also their sound system made your chest thump

we need that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Clemson could compete with such a HUGE university like

Feb 12, 2012, 7:50 AM

MSU I would be VERY impressed. For our size, we do a heck of a job already.

we are talking about Miss. State?... or should I check my

Feb 14, 2012, 9:44 PM

batteries

no reason we can't compete and blow them out of the water.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scoreboard

Feb 11, 2012, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Scoreboard ]

Yes, for that type of permanent advertising. Those companies should be the ones paying for the video boards....

You do realize those aren't permanent...

Feb 11, 2012, 10:51 PM

Absolutely right! I wish..

Feb 12, 2012, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Scoreboard ]

we could upgrade that board to HD and use the entire thing for the game/replays, and since we like to advertise so much, just add two little boards on the sides for the ads.

I'm excited by the dual scoreboards! (And the occulus!)***

Feb 11, 2012, 3:24 PM

Re: I'm excited by the dual scoreboards! (And the occulus!)***

Feb 11, 2012, 4:00 PM

I'll apologize in advance but I've missed something somewhere. I keep seeing references to the "OCULUS". What the h&(( is the "OCULUS"?

Feb 11, 2012, 4:15 PM

this is the occulus

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2012, 5:25 PM

Thank you for the image. Quite impressive. I am no longer in the dark.

Feb 11, 2012, 8:27 PM

It is pretty impressive indeed...can't wait till she's all done

But what happened to the Chick-Fil-A logo over it? lol***

Feb 11, 2012, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm excited by the dual scoreboards! (And the occulus!)*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2012, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm excited by the dual scoreboards! (And the occulus!)*** ]

What I really like about the building is the name when I see it.
allorangeallthetime52 Endzone Complex

allorangeallthetime52 Museum

Now That Has Wow Factor

Feb 12, 2012, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm excited by the dual scoreboards! (And the occulus!)*** ]

all over it. Very impressive - thanks!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hehehe

Feb 13, 2012, 8:51 AM

I'm hoping you know what you did there. Oculus is a big window, Occulus is a dragon from World of Warcraft...

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

The thing in the pics of the west endzone that make it look

Feb 12, 2012, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm excited by the dual scoreboards! (And the occulus!)*** ]

cool........that aren't there.

FINALLY! A NEW sound system!

Feb 11, 2012, 8:16 PM

Since I relocated to the sideline towards the west endzone you could never hear the PA announcer let alone the band playing running down the Hill. I'm all in on that idea finally!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FINALLY! A NEW sound system!

Feb 11, 2012, 8:34 PM

I just hope they stop piping the band through system...it really sounds bad

Is Daktronics involved with the video and sound systems?

Feb 11, 2012, 9:29 PM

I couldn't tell from TDP's comments.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Daktronics involved with the video and sound systems?

Feb 11, 2012, 10:51 PM

It sure sounds like they are

Don't know about you, but I like the direction we're headed***

Feb 11, 2012, 11:37 PM

Re: Don't know about you, but I like the direction we're headed***

Feb 12, 2012, 12:18 AM

Me too. Very informative interview.

bring back tiger time***

Feb 12, 2012, 7:50 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't have the sand to ask him if he'd petition the other

Feb 12, 2012, 7:25 PM

ACC schools for additional penalties to UNC.....huh?

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

What a joke of an interview.

Feb 13, 2012, 5:10 PM

But then again I guess if you asked anything other than softball questions you'd lose all of those "exclusive" interviews you get to do with players and coaches.

You can either be journalists or publicists, and it's clear what you've chosen.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic