Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The thing about ESPN & Bama is - -
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,590

The thing about ESPN & Bama is - -

Nov 4, 2018, 7:30 PM

ESPN could care less about Clemson or the ACC. We've had maybe :15-:30sec mentions on College F. Final, Championship Drive, Who's In, College F. Live & other shows for weeks. I've actually timed it & the vast majority of non-commercial "content" has been devoted to SEC (Bama, UGA, UK) & Big 10 (Mich, OHST, others). A close 2nd for airtime is N.Dame. 3rd place in airtime is Big 12 (Okla, Tex, others).

ESPN treats CU & ACC as an afterthought. This MIGHT change in '19 when the ACC/ESPN contract begins...maybe. We'll have to see.

The only reason Game Day is going to BC is ESPN thinks/hopes CU will get knocked out & embarrassed on primetime national TV.

Know this: Saban & Bama BELIEVE with every fiber the "Champ Trophy" is theirs ALONE! They viewed it a personal afront to them that CU won it in Jan. 2017. They play like a pack of rabid wolves to keep it. As a 60-year Tiger fan, I believe CU is the ONLY team that has ANY chance of beating Bama this season - but we'll need to play like "a pack of rabid wolves" to pry that trophy from them. To Bama, it's like breaking into their home & kidnapping their "CHILD." Unless we play like "rabid wolf vs rabid wolf" CU can't win.

If the NCAA allowed guns & knives in the Championship Game - Bama would use them. Approach Bama with anything LESS than that attitude, any team, including CU, will lose.

KNOW YOUR ENEMY (opponent).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The thing about ESPN & Bama is - -

Nov 4, 2018, 7:37 PM

I honestly don't even like when they "force themselves to compliment us"! You can tell it's fake and phony!
I like how you put that. Tigers would all have to be the big time players they are in a possible match up no doubt. We would have to stay in position and not beat ourselves and biggest thing is - make plays! You have to make plays where maybe they have it defensed perfectly! WR's RB's and QB's all will have to "make plays"! That is what separates the Bamers and the Clemsons from other schools - playmakers! Every one of our playmakers were desperately sought after by Bamer! Meaning - we have to just grind and get after it like as you said, " a pack of rabid wolves"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN is in a quandry cause they love Dabo, but hate Clemson

Nov 4, 2018, 7:45 PM

can't blame them because if you had a chance to interview either Dabo or Saban, who would you choose? ESPN would absolutely love it if Dabo went to Alabama and continued winning championships there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You timed it? Wow, get a life

Nov 4, 2018, 8:09 PM

Or quit watching espn....

nothing new here esecspn has always been bias.***

Nov 4, 2018, 9:26 PM

Re: The thing about ESPN & Bama is - -

Nov 4, 2018, 9:34 PM

...IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5