Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Coleman and Blossomgame say redshirting last season will pay off this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Coleman and Blossomgame say redshirting last season will pay off this year

Oct 30, 2013, 4:39 PM

Coleman and Blossomgame say redshirting last season will pay off this year

Clemson's Devin Coleman and Jaron Blossomgame each missed last season while recovering from injuries, and the two formed a close bond. Now, they say that they will bounce back better than ever. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Coleman and Blossomgame say redshirting last season will pay off this year

Oct 30, 2013, 5:43 PM

David,

I wasn't aware that Blossomgame was sitting out the first part of the year fo further heal. I understand he played in the scrimmage agains UNCC. Are you sure he will sit out to begin with? Thanks for verifying!

Blossomgame went full speed against UNC

Oct 30, 2013, 6:58 PM

sure he is going to sit out the first few games?

Add me to the list who also thought Blossomgame is ready.

Oct 30, 2013, 7:02 PM

I knew he couldn't play in Italy, but I thought Brownell and Blossomgame both said at the time that he would be ready for training camp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Clearly the expectation was that Blossomgame would be able

Oct 30, 2013, 8:08 PM

to go when the season started, so it is a big disappointment if that is not the case. He was the star recruit of his class, and if he is as good as many were hoping, every day he is unable to play is a serious blow to our snake-bit program. It must be terribly frustrating for him.

From June 25th: "It's not a necessity, but it was determined that if I want to be 100% by November, the surgery's the best thing to do"

http://www.tigernet.com/story/recruiting/Blossomgame-undergoes-leg-surgery-Tuesday-11791

From July 30th, just after the second surgery: He had surgery on June 25th in which bone marrow was taken out of his hip and added to the bone in his leg to promote healing and growth. Blossomgame told TigerNet that he has no soreness, and should be cleared to play soon. He said he expects to be cleared for full workouts at least a month before practice begins for the season.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Blossomgame-injury-update-11776

From 2 days ago: The forward spot is also bolstered by a player back from injury in 6-foot-7 Jaron Blossomgame, who was considered Clemson's top prospect in the 2012 class but also missed last season with a broken leg.
Brownell said both are healthy and ready to go when the Tigers open play Nov. 8 at home against Stetson.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_basketball/2013/10/clemsons_brownell_happy_to_have_depth

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Age-old principles stated here by the athletes

Oct 30, 2013, 8:54 PM

there was a time when freshmen didn't play at all, anywhere. Old-schoolers still believe that freshmen need to come in, adjust to new conditions and environment, observe, work out, mature their bodies and minds, and play beginning their sophomore years. That's in all the major sports. It's pretty much a lost concept these days, but still has deep validity.

Have a great season, boys, you deserve big things after your patience.

The story on the exhibition games says Jaron and Devin

Oct 30, 2013, 10:01 PM

are both expected to play. Where is this info about Blossomgame sitting out some? I didn't see it in the story or interview here

Re: The story on the exhibition games says Jaron and Devin

Oct 30, 2013, 10:35 PM

It was in the article when first posted today. It has now been removed. Everything else I have read says he is ready to go.

Excellent! Jaron looks great. You can tell he worked hard

Oct 30, 2013, 10:41 PM

in the weight room. I can definitely see us bringing him along, not just because of the injury but because of the 18 month layoff as well. He will have an adjustment period but he and Djambo are keys this year. Need them to hold their own

Agreed, he was a twig when I saw him last year

Oct 31, 2013, 9:35 AM

really put on some good weight.

Yes - it was in the article earlier.***

Oct 31, 2013, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Re: The story on the exhibition games says Jaron and Devin ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It'll be great to get these two back, it sucks that Rooks is

Oct 31, 2013, 9:17 AM

out for the season. He could've been an additional deep shooting threat to open up the inside lane.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic