Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mac's Drive In
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Mac's Drive In

May 14, 2020, 9:12 AM

I loved the burgers and shakes, but when I was at Clemson, Mac's had tons of roaches and the lady that worked their had crazy facial whiskers. Was that just in the 90's?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mac's Drive In

May 14, 2020, 9:27 AM

Just like it was. Still has the roaches and same cooks but I still go there anyway. Love the burger and shakes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Come on Guys, that’s almost slanderous talk against a good business!

May 14, 2020, 9:34 AM

I was there last year, for 1st time in 50 yrs, during USC game and completely enjoyed myself, the meal, the staff & neat environment.

Oh, the old sports pics on walls are unreal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The shakes are the bomb.

May 14, 2020, 9:28 AM

Make sure you always pay with credit card.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The shakes are the bomb.

May 14, 2020, 9:45 AM

They should at least have an ATM there for customers who don't carry cash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

It would have a $20 surcharge.

May 14, 2020, 10:14 AM

Mac's sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoops, I pissed off Mack.***

May 14, 2020, 12:21 PM

nm

It was better in the mid-70s when I was in school because...

May 14, 2020, 10:31 AM

Mac was still running the place - had many great conversations with him while I sat at the counter eating hamburger steaks or cheeseburgers.

Went last summer. Burger and food was the same

May 14, 2020, 11:52 AM

My son thinks it's the best burgers on Earth. Took a cub scout leader there as we were in Clemson for scout day. Was telling him the history of the place as we sat at the bar and ate.

New dude who runs it (was Mack's assistant) lamented that the football players never come in anymore because they're all on special diets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was better in the mid-70s when I was in school because...

May 14, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to It was better in the mid-70s when I was in school because... ]

Was in school from 1965-70......Burgers were always great but at that time their pulled pork sandwiches were their specialty!!!!! To die for!!!!

Re: Mac's Drive In

May 14, 2020, 2:36 PM

I always treasured the friendliness of the dudes behind the counter!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mac's Drive In-stinks

May 14, 2020, 4:01 PM

Wayyy overrated. Rude employees, food nothing great. The pics are cool, basically a dump.

The place does when Mac died. Nowhere near the same***

May 14, 2020, 5:01 PM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic