Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Limited Seating In Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Limited Seating In Death Valley

May 25, 2020, 9:44 AM

If this happens... all Clemson Students should get priority over everyone else. The rest of us can take a year off. I know this won’t be popular on this board.

Our University is for the students and it’s time to put the students first. The window is short on the college experience. Without the students, there is no Clemson. Not to mention, these families are spending a small fortune to send their kids to Clemson. They deserve top priority.

If they leave at halftime, so be it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, true, but the reality 2020

May 25, 2020, 10:07 AM

and every other year is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

Re: Limited Seating In Death Valley

May 25, 2020, 10:11 AM

It is going to be interesting to watch this unfold. This is already being discussed at Ohio State and Alabama. The Steelers have said they are planning to hold back 50% of season tickets. Ohio State AD said they may use their already existing point system to determine who gets tickets. I agree students should get the most tickets and should get them first.

Assuming they limit seating in Death Valley, do you think they will limit tailgating as well? Even if I don't get tickets i would still drive to town, visit my son (student) and tailgate on campus.

May 25, 2020, 10:19 AM

If McMaster can’t guarantee full attendance at our home games Radakovich should immediately move Them all to Georgia.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The seats should go to

May 25, 2020, 10:58 AM

Big money donors and people that know people ... just like its always been.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2020, 1:19 PM

Only makes sense (other than the $), to give first priority to students. Make even more sense now.

It will be interesting to see if tailgate lots are open.

May 25, 2020, 1:52 PM

they've already demonstrated they know how to socially distance on The Hill during games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They are like the coots, they leave at halftime***

May 25, 2020, 1:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2020, 1:32 PM

I agree in theory, but kids these days...you'll only have 1/4 that'll show up on time every week and stay for most or all of the game. You'll have 1/4 that won't show up at all because of the virus, which is fine if that's their decision. The rest will only show up for big games or when it's convenient for them and will have an excuse when they're not there.

hey as long as everyone in the athletic deparment

May 25, 2020, 1:53 PM

is willing to take the necessary pay cuts to cover the decreased revenue, I see no problems with this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2020, 2:48 PM

You also have to look at the economic impact to the town if only students come. No hotel revenue, Clemson paraphernalia sales way down at shops, restaurants with the same traffic as during the week, etc. Basically continues to cripple the town’s economy through the 7 weekends they make their year. I say 100% normal attendance and let those people stay home naturally to create a little distancing.

May 25, 2020, 5:27 PM

Going to be some tough calls to make.

If it were my decision, I'd probably do something along these lines:

Student tickets remain unchanged.
Season tickets are assigned as usual.
No single game home tickets sold.
Re-assign ALL tickets for 2020 to ticket-holders so as to help with distancing. Spread the students and season-ticket holders out over the entirety of death valley. This would probably cut 20-30% of capacity.

I have a hard time envisioning a season with Death Valley only 20% full, but I could see a crowd of maybe 60k with even-ish spacing being both manageable and still enjoyable.

Season ticket holders would keep their normal seats for future years due to the initial assignment. Might not get to sit in their own seats THIS year, but that seems like a small sacrifice to make if it allows them to see the Tigers play in person. IPTAY/Ticket Office gets to keep ticket sales and donations, so they'll be well enough off.

Think that would produce the smallest amount of blow-back for all parties and maintain as much of a normal gameday experience as possible while still helping with distancing.

May 26, 2020, 9:53 PM

And don’t allow visiting band or their supporters. This will open up more space.

However, if you need a 6 ft radius for each family unit the capacity will have to be very low.

Also wonder if they will change parking lots.

However being outside should be an advantage. No way that the virus can survive a none game in September

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic