Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The saddest part of this tradgedy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

The saddest part of this tradgedy

Jun 18, 2015, 12:29 PM

it took place in a church!! A sanctuary.....A place that is for peace and for worship. There are other things about this that are terrible but this looney toon went into God's house and committed murder!!

I hope they toast this guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

i know. it's a target, a place where people congregate...

Jun 18, 2015, 12:32 PM

i don't know the crime could be any worse or the person that committed it be any further from that hopeful path in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i know. it's a target, a place where people congregate...

Jun 18, 2015, 1:12 PM

The saddest part of this tragedy is THAT THE SOB had to reload three times according to the news.
The only way to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun.
These are the times we live in unfortunately.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i know. it's a target, a place where people congregate...

Jun 18, 2015, 8:44 PM

I'd prefer to try neither with a gun.

Re: The saddest part of this tradgedy

Jun 18, 2015, 12:35 PM

Yep.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe God gives us freedom of choice, but it is very

Jun 18, 2015, 12:40 PM

hard to see His plan when a human being makes a choice like this, taking other human lives in such a totally senseless manner. And, to do it in the House of God, no less. My prayers are with all touched by this tragedy, today, tomorrow, and every day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe God gives us freedom of choice, but it is very

Jun 18, 2015, 6:16 PM

I agree that God has a plan for all of us. But He gives us a choice as to whether we follow His plan or not. IMHO

I agree ***

Jun 18, 2015, 12:36 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Must've been God's will***

Jun 18, 2015, 12:43 PM

Re: Must've been God's will***

Jun 18, 2015, 12:46 PM

Why do you say that?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that what people say when they try to explain

Jun 18, 2015, 12:52 PM

something that is unexplainable?

Re: Isn't that what people say when they try to explain

Jun 18, 2015, 12:58 PM

I'm sorry that is how you feel. I will pray for you along with the families in this tragedy.

I didn't say that is how I feel***

Jun 18, 2015, 1:05 PM

Try to explain it away all you want...

Jun 18, 2015, 9:11 PM

...but that statement posted with no other context such as "but here is what I really believe" stands at face value. I find it incredible that you have been a member for 15 years yet chose to make that comment your 42nd post.

It's very much akin to saying to Christians on this site "well, where was your God when this happened? Why did He let it happen?" Very offensive to us, but MUCH more so to the innocent Christians that were simply attending a Wednesday night Bible Study session only to be murdered by a deranged soul full of hate and Satan.

Really classless and despicable. I hope you think long and hard before making your 43rd post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

this is the most calloused ignorant statement I've ever

Jun 18, 2015, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Must've been God's will*** ]

Seen on tigernet!

Wrong! This is God's will

Jun 18, 2015, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Must've been God's will*** ]

2 Peter 3:9

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

Satan is the one who brought evil into this world. And, mankind, in general, continues the legacy of sin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It is totally and simply explained. I am positive that you

Jun 18, 2015, 2:03 PM

are on the right track as we live in a broken, sinful world given to the "Prince of the Air" (satan). God has given satan "privileges" in this world (with boundaries of course). My prayer is that those who read these pages, and any other like these pages, will understand our desperate need for a Savior and Lord.

Our fight is against satan and satan alone. We cannot win these fights in our own strength, We need Jesus! The victory has already been won on the cross, but the battles rage on. Jesus is in a war fighting for our hearts. It's a battle I fight everyday.

This evil, played out last night in the city I have spent my whole life, was the result of a man that said yes to satan and carried out the evil one's wishes. Satan knows how to divide us and last night was tragic with many asking many questions. The answers, I know in my heart, are all contained in God's Word. You really have to read it yourself, front to back, before you can begin to understand God's heart and just how much He loves us, His creations.

We CANNOT allow satan to have the last word in this one battle. We cannot allow him to distract us from focusing our eyes and lives on Jesus. We must stand, surrendering ourselves to be the hands and feet of Christ on this planet. Bold for Him to speak His truths!

The evil will stop when Jesus returns to crush the evil one, once and forever. And there is no doubt He will!

May God Bless you all!
Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lord I hope I dont know you..

Jun 18, 2015, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Must've been God's will*** ]

I really hope I dont

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, I'll admit...I am a sadistic SOB and my sense of humor

Jun 18, 2015, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Must've been God's will*** ]

is probably much like yours. A week from now, I probably would have posted the same thing so maybe I am just getting old or weak or growing a puszy, but nevertheless...in two years, you haven't posted anything and THIS is the topic and post that compels you to post??? Yes...I had to look to see when you last posted because I was stunned to see somebody say the same shiite that I would so soon. I'm mildly pissed that you beat me to the punch, but more importantly, you golf? What is your handicap? I'm not very good at golfing but I'll play some Captain's choice as long as there is Captain Morgan's. Look, I'm going to edumacate you on something. Everything is God's will, especially if it's a good thing or if it's something that could be construed to suggest that the end times are near (ex. a fuggin' hurricane killing 100's of homos). The only time when you can't say that it's God's will is when it's a bad thing within the first 48-72 hours. At that point, that's Satan's doing. That dude gets all the initial credit, but once the FBI gets involved and digs deeper, then Jesus. After that, you pray to Jesus and say, "Hey man. I don't know why you do what you do but that's why man is man and you is you. Keep doin' what you do, but let me live 80+ years or so just in case. Seriously, I'm eager to meet you, but I'm in no fuggin' hurry. I've got a dozen beers to finish tonight and then I"m going to pray it out tomorrow so we're all good the next day. Oh yea, this is me praying for whoever those people are that died because without me praying, nothing would get done about this tragedy. I mean, it's your will and it's going to get done, but I've got to pray to do my part." OK?

Are you sure it's not the 9 murdered people?

Jun 18, 2015, 12:49 PM

That part is pretty sad too.

That's obvious and implied by the term

Jun 18, 2015, 12:51 PM

"tradgedy". Sorry if you didn't see it that way.

Jun 18, 2015, 12:52 PM

I think that the saddest part of it all, was the loss of life. Now I do think that it's also sad that the evil coward chose a church where he knew that the people in a church would be defenseless with no means to protect them selves from an idiot with a firearm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the point of my post

Jun 18, 2015, 12:57 PM

I think it's implied that people were murdered is the worst part, I'm specifically talking about the way the thing was carried out.

Jun 18, 2015, 12:57 PM

Sad thing about it is that our church now has cameras and men a handful of men with concealed weapons in the service or walking the property during the service. Unfortunately that is just what you have to do now because churches are targets. Our Pastor has been preaching on this for 2 weeks and how persecution to the churches in America is coming quickly.

This was not a persecution of religion.

Jun 18, 2015, 1:03 PM

If you want to believe that fine, but you are fooling yourself.

Jun 18, 2015, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: The saddest part of this tradgedy ]

I have been telling my wife for a long time the church would be the best place to target for criminals. Until our church places a sign on the front door, no concealed weapons, I will be able to protect my wife and hopefully every life in our church against criminal that would believe we were an easy target. I have news for the criminal, that would be a deadly mistake. I was an expert with the 45 in the military, and I'm an expert with the 40 cal today. I'm not bragging, but I am a ### good marksman with the S&W 40 shield, and there is one with my wife every time she/we leave our home. And I do pray that thugs never comes in our church with bad intentions. I would really hate to kill someone in church or anywhere as a matter of fact, but I would before I allowed them to harm us.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Pastor feels the same waya s you do

Jun 18, 2015, 1:19 PM

He told us all that he had many legal fire arms in his house and if anyone came in to threaten him or his family he was going to take them out. The Good Lord would have to forgive me because I'm right with you guys.

Jun 18, 2015, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: The saddest part of this tradgedy ]

You may be in violation of the law. In SC, churches do not have to post signs prohibiting concealable weapons. That is one place they are not allowed as by state law, as well as federal buildings, law enforcement buildings, schools, government buildings, daycare, etc. You can only conceal carry in a church with the express permission of the pastor.

Jun 18, 2015, 8:56 PM

I do believe as long as you have permission from the pastor your are allowed to conceal/carry

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jun 18, 2015, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: The saddest part of this tradgedy ]

If this is true, and I will ask my pastor this coming Sunday. If he says no, I will practice my faith at home. I just couldn't risk being caught sitting in Sunday service with the crooks knowing we would be easy prey just waiting for an animal like a Dylann to come hunting. And I will surely ask first thing Sunday morning in Sunday school. We surely do have carry concealed permits, and if they are useless in certain places and they are, especially where it's posted. I just prefer not to be there unless they have someone there ready willing and able to protect us. The world we live in has gotten overwhelmingly violet, and if we don't protect ourselves in a safe legal orderly manor, who will. I'm 62 and my wife is 65, and I hope that we're never the ones crying and begging please don't harm us. I just don't trust the thugs not to hurt bc we're begging them not to!!!

Jun 18, 2015, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: The saddest part of this tradgedy ]

This is very appropriate in today's world. You never know who or where some crazy person will decide to take a life or harm a person

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I was talking to a preacher fired about that ...

Jun 18, 2015, 4:26 PM

...His reply was "We are naive if we think the devil is a respecter of church doors. He'll walk right in and plop in the first comfortable pew if it will further his cause."

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was talking to a preacher fired about that ...

Jun 18, 2015, 6:17 PM

Lol....in some cases, he's standing behind the pulpit. Did Creflo get his jet?

Jun 18, 2015, 6:24 PM

Believing your first two lines (which I do), we should be praying for all involved,
to include the shooter. I know that is tough, but that is what Jesus told us we should do.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic