Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the goal of the ACC Network?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

What is the goal of the ACC Network?

May 10, 2019, 10:45 AM

Is it to get Ratings (like most other TV Networks)? Or is it a supplemental channel for ESPN since they have a contract with the league to broadcast every ACC Football game and simply need more time slots (like the SEC Network)?

If the goal is to get ratings, Clemson should have a standing spot in the 7:30 Primetime game every week. What are they going to do - show Appalachian State @ North Carolina? Wake Forest at Boston College? Run promos during the week on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU for Pittsburgh @ Duke on Saturday Night in Durham? That would be like NBC every other week replacing a Wednesday Night 9 PM show like This Is Us with infomercials.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: What is the goal of the ACC Network?

May 10, 2019, 10:49 AM

No way. Clemson will kick it off with the first game to generate excitement. But then we should be on ABC and ESPN the rest of the way. More possible viewers there than the ACC Network.

Remember, the “third-tier” rights are moving from Raycom to the ACC/ESPN network. Do you think Clemson football is a “third-tier” property?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to show a bunch of UNC wimmins soccer***

May 10, 2019, 10:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 10:53 AM

If the ACC has any say over the scheduling then Clemson should not be on the ACC Network every Saturday.

The ACC Network will not likely be broadcast nationwide on all service providers (at least in the first year). The ACC should want Clemson to be seen by as many viewers across the country as possible.

That means putting Clemson on ESPN and ABC to get the most eyes on the tv. Channel is way more important than time slot in terms of getting people to watch.

What I'm hoping is that the ACC Network will eventually add an extra afternoon and night time slot that is shown nationwide for Clemson to have as an option to avoid the home nooners.

Quite honestly, Clemson deserves much better than that

May 10, 2019, 10:59 AM

Will the ACC Network even be widely available in other parts of the country?

May 10, 2019, 11:07 AM

I have always thought that espn wanted an ACC network primarily to hype ACC basketball much the same as they hype SEC football.

May 10, 2019, 4:25 PM

All I know is I was watching an ACC Classic basketball game a few nights ago and their slogan was

"It's what we do " .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a silly question....

May 10, 2019, 11:13 AM

what's the purpose of ANY business? ANY business?

To make Money. No money, no business.

I for one, couldn't care less HOW they make it or IF they make it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

money***

May 10, 2019, 11:25 AM

To make money***

May 10, 2019, 11:27 AM

I guess the goal

May 10, 2019, 1:18 PM

Of the new network is to ride the coattails of Clemson in football and the coattails of Duke and UNC In basketball to make as much money as they can. Remember this.... our Tigers get a cut from every event covered so I am not hoping that the networks fails. Quite the contrary actually. Go Tigers. Beat everybody!

Re: I guess the goal

May 10, 2019, 2:04 PM

UVa has the current basketball coattails now, not Tobacco Road.

UNC and Duke will always have the BB reins

May 10, 2019, 2:11 PM

UVA might be very good very consistently but those first 2 will always get the most attention/eyeballs

May 10, 2019, 1:23 PM

Employ as many of Swofford's relatives as possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Clemson will have several games on ABC

May 10, 2019, 2:07 PM

The defending national champion won't be relegated to the ACCN very often.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Basically to mirror the SEC Network

May 10, 2019, 2:13 PM

The major games will still be on the national networks but for Clemson’s purposes you might get more of the Wofford/UNCC-type OOC games in that evening time slot instead of the 12:30.

But in football it will primarily hold a lot of the games that are currently on Raycom

May 10, 2019, 2:20 PM

It was created for one reason: to return Clemson home games to their rightful place of kicking off at 1 pm. Oh and money. Lots and lots of money. Right up until broadcast rights fees for sports start their inevitable collapse and leave every D1 school looking like one of these 3rd world countries that bid billions to host the Olympics and ends up saddled with debt and abandoned venues.

The rights money isn’t going away

May 10, 2019, 2:27 PM

Terrible bastardization of the cord cutting argument. There will still be plenty of rights money to go around you just have to get it other ways. The next step will be an a la carte subscription package where you can just subscribe to ESPN directly without a cable provider and pay for the leagues you want or have different levels that you can pay for.

Re: The rights money isn’t going away

May 10, 2019, 4:13 PM

I’m talking more about the declining attendance at all schools not in the Top 10. When a generation stops going to the games live it trickles into the viewership numbers. It’s a downward spiral. Couple that with the desire to expand the playoff and money will eventually ruin the sport. You have a bunch of tinkerers trying to milk every last dollar from everybody and soon the fans just walk away. Ask NASCAR.

Re: The rights money isn’t going away

May 10, 2019, 4:34 PM

MLB too.

May 10, 2019, 2:33 PM

To give each school $50 million. (and make ESPN some money too)

To showcase basketball.***

May 10, 2019, 5:19 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic