Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People wants to change history by destroying statues
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

People wants to change history by destroying statues

Jun 10, 2020, 5:00 PM

and renaming buildings. History is history across the world. Those who fail to learn history will ultimately repeat it. For every 10K black men arrested 3 are killed by police. For every 10K white males that are arrested 4 are killed by police.

Interracial violent victimizations (excluding homicides) between blacks and whites (2018).

Total: 593,598

Black against white: 537,204 (approx. 90%)

White against black: 56,394 (less than 10%)

Bureau of Justice Statistics

Per Larry Elder

Who should be protesting about who's life matters?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People wants to change history by destroying statues

Jun 10, 2020, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seen these stats b/4..interesting & alarming for sure.

Jun 10, 2020, 5:27 PM

What saddens & amazes me is the black on black crime in Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, etc where Liberal and/or Democratic mayors practically turn their heads it seems or have gotten use to it.

Remember Obama’s buddy (? Rob Emmanuel) who is/was mayor of Chicago? Even he couldn’t turn the daily killings off.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seen these stats b/4..interesting & alarming for sure.

Jun 10, 2020, 6:01 PM

What can they do that they aren't doing? Inner cities have been bad forever. The solutions may not exist with just the power of a mayor.

Re: Seen these stats b/4..interesting & alarming for sure.

Jun 10, 2020, 6:08 PM

I see I am in someone's head. They like thumbing down just about everyone of my posts. Not that it matters, but it is interesting. Maybe they can get me to 99% one day.

according to these people...

Jun 10, 2020, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Seen these stats b/4..interesting & alarming for sure. ]

the same ones that we are listening to about systemic racism, the problem is on the local level. We can choose to dismiss this if we want, but this is "straight from the horses mouth." no way to spin it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ3YkWecvCk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People wants to change history by destroying statues

Jun 10, 2020, 5:28 PM

History isnt really changed even if the name is changed. History is taught in school, books, media, etc. Thats just a name of a building. A statue is just a piece of art too. A statue doesn't really teach history either. They just honor people.

You missed a modifier ... "revisionist" history.***

Jun 10, 2020, 5:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

The replacement for the Robert E Lee statue in Richmond has been revealed

Jun 10, 2020, 5:38 PM

It is pretty

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what happens

Jun 10, 2020, 5:57 PM

when you don't know any black people well enough to have actual conversations with them. If you did....you'd understand what this is about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic