Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when Rosen trash talked Clemson/Deshaun?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Remember when Rosen trash talked Clemson/Deshaun?

Oct 31, 2019, 10:28 AM

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/josh-rosen-ucla-qb-alabama-clemson-deshaun-watson-academics-sat-act/1x78o9xktjab1o4thr66u0te8

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

I had forgotten about that but after re-reading his comments

Oct 31, 2019, 11:10 AM

he isn't wrong.

Re: I had forgotten about that but after re-reading his comments

Oct 31, 2019, 11:15 AM

We don't know that.

Based on his performance in the game of football, one could easily assume that he does not have the mental capacity of the other athletes he was commenting on, and that is why he was not able to do what they were doing in college.

It could also mean that he lacks the motivation to do what others did. While Deshaun was reported to "graduate in less than 3 years", he was actually on campus a semester early and football players frequently take summer classes to either speed up their timeline or lessen their fall class load.

I do think he's right...

Oct 31, 2019, 2:22 PM

(and its not a slight at Deshaun) that some guys pick what we all consider to be a fairly easy major while others choose a different academic path. I dont know Deshaun personally or why he chose the major he did but Rosen is right in that UCLA is a harder school academically and his choice of pursuing a MBA in addition to his BBA is more of challenge.

Of course from what we know now (and most of us thought then) Rosen will need his MBA alot sooner than Deshaun is gonna need his Comm degree.

Well...has Rosen even

Oct 31, 2019, 3:00 PM

Pursued is MBA...or is he still working on his NFL BS? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember when Rosen trash talked Clemson/Deshaun?

Oct 31, 2019, 3:11 PM

1) Rosen hasn't gotten a fair shake yet (Arizona then Miami? Both with AWESOME supporting casts)
2) Academic comments I mostly agree
3) 'Chosen One', I don't have a problem with either ... rhymes with Rosen ...he is also Jewish ...so either way it works.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh the hypocrisy and the irony !!!

Oct 31, 2019, 3:39 PM

He's an economics major (who never graduated) but chose to leave school after three years to enter the NFL draft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The referenced test scores don't make any sense. A little

Oct 31, 2019, 3:44 PM

digging and it looks like the average sat score at UCLA, Clemson, and Alabama is around 1315, 1245, and 1180. Hard to get over 1700 on a test with a 1600 high score.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson's 1250 is out of a possible 1600, I don't know what

Oct 31, 2019, 3:48 PM

scale UCLA's 1710 is out of, but their actual average is around 1320. I hate poor research. Its either laziness or intentional slight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic