Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo to Florida? Spurrier retires? At least one ESPN...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Dabo to Florida? Spurrier retires? At least one ESPN...

Nov 24, 2013, 5:45 PM

"Insider" theorizes as a possibility. I can't link to the article, but here is a paraphrase from ESPN Insider (and apparently all-knowing) Travis Haney:

CU's Dabo Swinney is an intriguing option for the Florida HC position, presuming he would have a heap of money for assistants. He has recruited well in the Sunshine State.

And then later in the article:

Here are two other places worth watching: Michigan and South Carolina. As for the Chickens, whether or not SCar limps into the SEC title game, Steve Slurrier might be wise to walk away after this season. The in-state talent has dipped and wins will get more and more difficult to come by in the near future.

Nostradamus or Not? I think Not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not going to happen but it has to be noted, Morris would

Nov 24, 2013, 5:51 PM

stay and become the HC. Won't happen but I think most would be okay to see CM become the HC around here

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not going to happen but it has to be noted, Morris would

Nov 24, 2013, 5:52 PM

Smfh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not going to happen but it has to be noted, Morris would

Nov 24, 2013, 5:55 PM

I agree.....and when did Travis Haney become an "ESPN Insider"???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask Grant, he will agree***

Nov 24, 2013, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Not going to happen but it has to be noted, Morris would ]

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

???***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Not going to happen but it has to be noted, Morris would ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo to Florida? Spurrier retires? At least one ESPN...

Nov 24, 2013, 5:53 PM

I think it would be crazy for Dabo to leave for Florida. Their roster is filled with busts and duds, and it would take a rebuilding effort to get them back on track.

At Clemson he has the support of about 98% of the fanbase. He has fantastic players, a nice budget for assistants, and a roster full of talented players. He has us winning, too.

The only thing I would say is Dabo should get a raise at the end of the year. I think he is only the 22nd highest paid coach in the country, and 3rd in the ACC. He should be getting paid at or near the top of the ACC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First name Haney throws out is Charlie Strong...

Nov 24, 2013, 5:57 PM

which makes more sense than Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2013, 5:53 PM

wasn't Travis Haney a coot beat writer for a long time???

Discard his opinion like used tissue.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he is a coot, and hates us

Disregard the idiot

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure Dabo's name will come up for coaching vacancies

and understandably so. He has done a tremendous job at Clemson, and a lot of schools would love to have him. However, I really don't see Dabo leaving Clemson simply because he loves it here and can accomplish everything he wants right here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agreed. I don't think he would be interested in leaving

Nov 24, 2013, 5:59 PM

to go anywhere but Alabama.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I couldn't blame him if he did, but I'm not even sure

Nov 24, 2013, 6:03 PM

he'd do that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm not sure he would either but, if you think about that

Nov 24, 2013, 6:15 PM

for any amount of time, you know he would walk nekkid to Tuscaloosa.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We may find out at some point.***

Nov 24, 2013, 6:22 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: We may find out at some point.

Nov 24, 2013, 6:52 PM

If we did that would be a nice problem to have. it would be a real tribute to CU's program and we'd have many desireable candidates waiting and wanting the job.

personally I hope he stays a long time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, just like everyone said Danny would? Well where is

Nov 24, 2013, 7:16 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure he would either but, if you think about that ]

Danny now??? At HOME near Clemson.

Story makes no sense. SEC Least is getting easier

for U$uC to win. Neither Florida nor Tennessee are going to be good teams for the next two years.

And DABO loves CLEMSON. No way he would ever leave here. Not going to happen.

Spurrier might retire though -- whenever he wants to play more golf.

UT might with the way they've recruited...

Nov 24, 2013, 6:02 PM

And, ya know, they beat South Carolina this year anyway. His point is just that Florida and Tennessee aren't going to be this bad forever, while South Carolina has probably peaked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Travis Haney is just trying to be relevant this week. FAIL***

Nov 24, 2013, 5:57 PM

I don't think Dabo would leave unless Bama came calling***

Nov 24, 2013, 6:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This^^^^. If and when Dabo leaves it won't be for UF

Nov 24, 2013, 6:17 PM

If Bama comes calling he may leave and they'd only come calling because we've won a NC with him so I could live with that!

Nov 24, 2013, 6:03 PM

Spurrier would go to Florida before Dabo.

This original Baltimore Tiger distances himself from

Nov 24, 2013, 6:21 PM

this moronic post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Moronic post?" I hope that's tongue-in-cheek...

Nov 24, 2013, 6:42 PM

I was relaying positions in a sports media article for discussion. Positions I stated I do not necessarily agree with.

It's moronic to post crap from a former coot writer with

Nov 24, 2013, 7:03 PM

an agenda. It should be given zero credence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sound logic there. Thank you post police.***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:12 PM

The reasons coaches leaves programs....

Nov 24, 2013, 6:49 PM

.....is for money and a chance to win championships plus bring in top notch recruits. Clemson has proven it is capable of all those things. Is there bigger high profile schools, yes there is but is there one out there that can do what Clemson can't, absolutely not. If we could have beaten FSU then we would be sitting there for a chance at a Natty but unfortunately Clemson and mainly Tajh played probably the worst game since the infamous OB debacle. It would be stupid for Dabo to leave to try and rebuild another big time college program because what if it doesn't work he gets 2 or 3 years then booted, screw that then he will have to take a step back like to a NC State type of job why would any coach do that He could probably get his name on the stadium or beside Frank or something (being sarcastic) but you know what I mean. To Travis Haney, who I am sorry isn't a big Dabo fan but is a FSU fan and is scared of what Dabo is building and the only team in the way of FSU dominating like they did in the 90's, Dabo is a very smart cat (pun intended) and has been around offensive systems for 16 or 17 years and to think that Dabo can't or couldn't come up with an offensive system is 1. lying to themselves 2. just down right IGNORANT. Some people are just so ### dumb it is unreal let their blind loyalty and fandom shield them from what is right in front of them. That is what is wrong with the world today everyone knows just a little more than that next person its ridiculous and I wish we could just shove a mirror in front of these morons and let them see what they look like when they say and do moronic ####. Then again they would probably be to stupid to realize it is their reflection in the mirror.......

Re: I hope Dabo goes to FL

Nov 24, 2013, 6:58 PM

to recruit some potential gator talent to CU

Another reason is they get while the getting is good***

Nov 24, 2013, 7:02 PM [ in reply to The reasons coaches leaves programs.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trademark is

Nov 24, 2013, 7:02 PM

not leaving the ACC.

Re: Travis Haney and Johns Taylor are two of the most

Nov 24, 2013, 7:12 PM

biased "writers" in the business.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic