Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The reality of being a USC fan.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,586

The reality of being a USC fan.....

Nov 20, 2018, 6:45 AM

I have ZERO pity for the redneck, mindless, chicken brained UofSC (they aren't Carolina or USC...) fans. Then there are the UofSC fans that are decent, rational, neighborly people. Though the later is outnumbered by the former, I genuinely feel bad for them.

It seems to me that they are starting to grasp the enormity and hopelessness of their situation and are even seeing that Spurrier was the first to see their inevitable future written on the walls of WBB. They will not be relevant in the forseeable (5 year) future. To KNOW deep down inside that you won't win your division (GA), won't win your state (Clemson), and won't win in recruiting (GA , CLEMSON, ALABAMA, lots of others) has to be a tough pill to swallow but it seems like some are starting to get it down. The reality of the Birmingham with the occasional Music City or Belk bowl thrown in is starting to settle in and they see it for cruel joke that it is.

Morale is waining in their true fans, let's go ahead and break it Saturday!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The reality of being a USC fan.....

Nov 20, 2018, 7:46 AM

Why do you feel "bad" for them? They chose their team, they made their bed, they even went to the Belks Home store(when playing the Belk Bowl)to buy their Gamecoot sheets and pillowcases.
I would even suspect that their local Wal-Marts have Carolina gear, much like our local Wal-marts have Clemson Gear.
But you got to give them credit. They do help the States economy by buying gas, food, and paying for hotel/motel rooms for the trip to Cootlumbia each year.
Then they file into WBB 90 thousand strong, waving those white towels, listening to 2001, being loud and full of energy, until they see Muschamp leading the troops to the massacre, much like Custer did at the Little Big Horn, then the reality sets in.
What most don't seem to realize is, however, that not even the great Steve Spurrier was going to do anything to resurrect that program.
As someone who goes back a long way following Southern football(both ACC and SEC)the real hope of Coot football began with the arrival of Joe Morrison and sadly ended with his death in the mid-80's.
And it's been going downhill ever since.
And that's not a cruel joke, that is the "REALITY" of being a USC fan!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know why Todd Ellis

Nov 20, 2018, 7:53 AM

Was a pallbearer at Joe Morrison’s funeral? He wanted to let him down one last time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,586
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic