Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The real winner from yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 580

The real winner from yesterday

Nov 9, 2016, 1:31 PM

Recreational Marijuana

It's now legal for over 20% of the US population. California going green may be the last stem to fall before nationwide decriminalization. The $5 billion plus they expect annually in tax revenue will likely be too tempting for the rest of the country to pass on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got two different takes on this...

Nov 9, 2016, 1:52 PM

First of all, I expect the South, and particularly South Carolina to be the last to adopt. On one hand, you've got people like the Pickens County sheriff, who can rake in a bunch of money through search and seizures, etc. They love the fact that it's illegal, and want to see it remain that way. There also seems to still be a large contingent of people in small towns who buy into the reefer madness B.S.

BUT

There's also a fairly big contingent of good ole boys and girls who have enjoyed it for years. Grow it, smoke it, DGAF. They are the people the police prey on. I dunno if there's enough of them to make a difference.

Either way, at the very least medical marijuana needs to be available in every state. I can understand opposing recreational...I think the reasoning is stupid, you know the whole "I WILL NOT HAVE MY KIDS EXPOSED TO THIS" crowd. But you deserve a shovel to the face if you oppose medical marijuana for cancer patients and other people who could benefit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got three

Nov 9, 2016, 1:56 PM

1. Puff
2. Puff
3. Give

Re: I've got two different takes on this...

Nov 9, 2016, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I've got two different takes on this... ]

My wife has MS....we've been married over 10 years. I'll be ###### if a law will keep me from helping her sleep at night when her legs are "on fire". Glad to see we are moving in the right direction....but I know SC will be the last to adopt because of the religious right.

Depends on what stance Trump takes on it.

Nov 9, 2016, 2:50 PM

60% of Americans support legalization. Might be a small way for him to attempt to broaden his base.

Or he could appoint Rudy Giuliani or Chris Christie as AG and royally fark it up for MJ advocates.

Easiest way to keep rapists and murderers from crossing

Nov 9, 2016, 3:01 PM

the border is to legalize marijuana.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Easiest way to keep rapists and murderers from crossing

Nov 9, 2016, 3:04 PM

Goes to show the farce the war on drugs in. I say legalize it and tax the crap out of it. Weed is way better than booze anyway.

Whoa!!! what if Trump's wall was metaphorical all along

Nov 9, 2016, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Easiest way to keep rapists and murderers from crossing ]

and his "wall" is really decriminalization?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've got two different takes on this...

Nov 9, 2016, 2:54 PM [ in reply to I've got two different takes on this... ]

"I WILL NOT HAVE MY KIDS EXPOSED TO THIS."

While they buy a carton of cancer sticks and a suitcase of Budweiser. Blows my mind.

Yeah, when I look at the comments, most of the staunch

Nov 9, 2016, 3:37 PM

anti-marijuana people seem to be the ones who are about 2-3 years away from a rascal scooter, and it ain't because they're old.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cali, Nevada, Mass and Maine right?

Nov 9, 2016, 2:46 PM

it lost in Arizona

Correct. AZ will likely legalize next time around.

Nov 9, 2016, 3:06 PM

California, Nevada, and Colorado's proximity will change public perception.

Or bring about a wave of ads similar to my favorite lottery ad from the late 90's. "Here in Georgia, we looooooove South Carolina"

im only 2 hours from Nevada. nice***

Nov 9, 2016, 4:32 PM

I'm as conservative and dry as a cotton fart.

Nov 9, 2016, 3:43 PM

I really want to see pot become legal. I wish the Federal Gov would change federal laws which make in illegal. I want to see those who have been imprisoned over selling pot to be freed.

I have a dream but it it's not pot induced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly shocked it wasn't on more ballots.

Nov 9, 2016, 4:39 PM

I know much of the country is in the dark, but a few clever ads that point out that our problems with infrastructure, education, transportation and a host of other ills would be drastically alleviated with the tax revenue should be enough to get 51% on board.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fountain at the Bellagio just got more entertaining.***

Nov 9, 2016, 7:22 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 580
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic