Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So you're a computer science grad. You have an offer from
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

So you're a computer science grad. You have an offer from

Dec 17, 2018, 1:43 PM

Apple to come to work for $100,000 a year. Or, you have an offer from Mike Smith to come to work in his garage for a start-up company with deferred compensation in the form of stock options IF the company makes it. This is not really a compUTer science question. It is a follow up to the why would you go to a school that is not even in a bowl game, as opposed to a team in the playoffs, on the promise you can help UT (unnamed team) become a championship team.

Message was edited by: revmarkg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not? If your goal is to go to the nfl

Dec 17, 2018, 1:48 PM

You can from grambling state.

If your goal was to get a NC then only Ohio state, Alabama, and clemson would get recruits.

Perhaps your goal to to marry your cousin, there are UT schools that specialize in that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I think a better analogy would be

Dec 17, 2018, 1:50 PM

Apple offering you a base salary, and Mike Smith offering you $150k

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're a computer science grad. You have an offer from

Dec 17, 2018, 1:56 PM

Is my goal to be comfortable (Apple) or maybe rich (Mike Smith)? How much risk can I take on? Do I believe in Mike Smith's vision?

I've worked for big companies (currently am working for a YUUUUGE Fortune 50 firm) and I rolled the dice with several start ups (though did not strike it big with any of them).

I say everyone is different. I can see why someone would choose to go to a program that has seen better days. Dabo was able to sell his Clemson vision when we as fans would all pee a little on ourselves with the knowledge that a 4 star was even considering us back in the day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe at Apple you get you're with a.....

Dec 17, 2018, 1:58 PM

first-class company with real security and future. But maybe advancement opportunities are "wait in line" because of the stars in front of you. At Mike Smith's, you get major exposure to show who you are and what you can do.

With these recruits, it seems to be getting maximum playing time ASAP to impress the NFL scouts (where they all think they'll be going).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe at Apple you get you're with a.....

Dec 17, 2018, 3:00 PM

Xavier Thomas says hi. Seems he sat behind the best D-line in college and still had a chance to shine. Seeing as we build depth unlike any other school, it would appear there's some other reason why someone would go elsewhere.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So you're a computer science grad. You have an offer from

Dec 17, 2018, 2:05 PM

You never mentioned how good lookin' Mike Smith's daughter was?

The real question is

Dec 17, 2018, 2:13 PM

Funny thing is, I was thinking $100k in Cupertino is

Dec 17, 2018, 2:14 PM

like $30k in Charleston. I'd take my chances in the garage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

the cost of living is high

Dec 17, 2018, 2:15 PM

where Apple is

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic