Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The purpose behind the FSU/CU partnership
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,692

The purpose behind the FSU/CU partnership

May 22, 2012, 2:05 PM

I am extremely proud of the Clemson leadership at all levels. It seems to me that Clemson; under the direction of our BOT, President, and Athletic Staff (TDP) have done a superb job of orchestrating the Big 12 / CU & FSU adventure. I feel the game plan that CU/FSU devised had been laid out several months ago in conjunction with FSU in a magnificently contrived plan. They both knew that they were nationally a highly marketable item especially when paired together (expansion happens in multiples of two) with FSU being the “crown jewel”. But what was Clemson’s underlying role in this partnership? Clemson spearheaded and coordinated the “unofficial” expansion talks with the Big 12 while all the national focus and spotlight was primarily on FSU. Clemson did so in a truly magnificent fashion by maintaining a veil of absolute silence and secrecy throughout ths media and internet frenzy. While FSU’s chairman of the BOT was making outlandish (but true) remarks about the ACC publically and which were immediately repudiated by the FSU President, Clemson’s “unofficial representatives skirted all attention. Rumors and innuendoes flowed like Stephen Garcia’s arrests in Columbia out of Tallahassee, but little out of Clemson. Was this a planned diversion? I fell that it was concocted to form a smoke screen to keep scrutiny away from Clemson as they made contact and negotiated an expansion package with the Big 12 (unofficially) for Clemson and FSU.

Clemson nation, do not get down on our administration and feel there is no activity because of their silence. Praise them for handling things in such a professional manner. They know our concerns and are doing EVERYTHING possible to insure the future of Clemson football and Clemson University. Nothing is actually written in stone (maybe?) yet, but time will reveal all and I am sure we will all be highly pleased with the outcome. Be patient my friends.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until I see it in ink....

May 22, 2012, 2:10 PM

I'm not giving them credit for being that smart!

Unless, to further your theory, you work for the Athletic Department and are setting them up for glory.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Until I see it in ink....

May 22, 2012, 2:37 PM

Nope! I do not work for the athletic depatment. I am just an old supporter who has given his money and love to Clemson (as well as my knees). I have just been around enough to look throigh the initial image that is presented. As someone else posted here:"the silence speaks volumes". You just need to rid yourself of emotions and understand why the administrative types are quiet.

“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

May 22, 2012, 2:19 PM

~ D. Rumsfeld

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: The purpose behind the FSU/CU partnership

May 22, 2012, 2:25 PM

While everybody seems to say CU and FSU have a partnership I have no idea where this comes from.

Neither party has said anything of this nature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2012, 2:28 PM

You don't remember a few months ago the "Clemson is talking with FSU behind closed doors" crap? This is fruition of that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”***

May 22, 2012, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: The purpose behind the FSU/CU partnership ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 22, 2012, 2:32 PM

Very well written. Good article!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One other note from another thread

May 22, 2012, 3:15 PM

it mentioned partnering in Tier 3 TV rights. Us, FSU, WV and add 2 other regional teams could mean a BigXII TV game featuring one of the eastern teams on a weekly basis. That makes a lot of sense, as none of those additions have the juice for their own network

Re: One other note from another thread

May 22, 2012, 4:00 PM

I have always felt that the FSU/CU partnership also included a joint tier 3 network to cover Florida, Georgia,SC, and possibly NC. It could be done and would be an interesting(but profitable monetarily and recruiting wise) relationship.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,692
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic