Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When did you realize Coronavirus is completely overblown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1,201

When did you realize Coronavirus is completely overblown

Aug 8, 2020, 11:03 AM

It was pretty obvious from the beginning for me but when health officials deemed it ok for people to congregate to protest for Black lives matter it left no doubt. In what kind of pandemic are mass gatherings given the OK under any circumstance

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When did you realize Coronavirus is completely overblown

Aug 8, 2020, 11:06 AM

health officials deemed it ok for people to congregate to protest for Black lives matter

Any proof, or are you just showing your asss per the usual?

Aug 8, 2020, 11:20 AM

Health officials not vehemently condemning it during a “pandemic” In a sense is a stamp of approval. Gov Gretchen Whitmer saying people can’t go to church or certain stores but pictured out protesting for a photo op. Complete clown world

you are proving hypocrisy and poor leadership...

Aug 8, 2020, 11:23 AM

not that the virus is a hoax.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you are proving hypocrisy and poor leadership...

Aug 8, 2020, 11:36 AM

I never said it was a hoax. I said it was overblown. The virus is real the response and media coverage is not

I'll agree with that...

Aug 8, 2020, 11:42 AM

and THAT is the reason I can't be too mad at people for questioning it.

The press cannot be obviously biased and then expect everyone to believe them.

They deserve lot of blame for this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: When did you realize Coronavirus is completely overblown ]

this post remind me of my trip to the CVS just now. There was a women in line complaining about random stuff, something about how her CVS phone app was too hard to use and was then gracious enough to let me watch as the CVS cashier showed this dumb boomer how to use her own phone. Worse, yet, she continued to complain as my 12 pack of natty light got warm and my patience thinner. I got vocal this time and explained to her that the CVS employee is not her therapist, and that she needs to go home and reflect on how badly her generation fugged up this country.

She was pretty embarrassed because a few other people witnessed this and kind of all nodded that this women needed far too much attention to be deemed sane. Anyway, it was was my first Karen spotting of the day, this is my second.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that dismissing the danger of gathering in protest..

Aug 8, 2020, 11:12 AM

is hypocritical, but I am not going to be stupid because someone else is being stupid.

There may be bits and pieces that have been exaggerated, but this is a real problem.

It is NOT stupid to get together with large groups of people

Aug 8, 2020, 5:40 PM

Signed, Herman Cain

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

dang you!

Aug 8, 2020, 5:59 PM

I like Herman Cain. Often didn't agree with him, but stand up guy.

Re: dang you!

Aug 8, 2020, 9:01 PM

I liked him too, although I didn't take his candidacy seriously when he ran.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Aug 8, 2020, 9:18 PM

He's just a nice guy that worked hard. He's not really presidential material...but uh, who we got now

Aug 8, 2020, 11:33 PM

I read a bit about him after he died, changed my verdict. He was a really smart guy, analytics genius.

Aug 8, 2020, 11:21 AM

When only 161,000 died I knew it was complete bull.

Aug 8, 2020, 11:51 AM

in my town i go to 2 different restaurant/bar establishments that do a lot of business. masks are not required in either place. in only one the waitresses in restaurant part wear a mask. none in the other. funny thing is not one case has been reported at either place. but hey you guys go ahead and wear your masks, goggles and face shields and ruin your immune systems. oh yeah, do not forget your ear plugs. savior fauci said the bug hides in your ears also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so this thing you're doing here...

Aug 8, 2020, 12:06 PM

is this intelligence or pride?

Aug 8, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: When did you realize Coronavirus is completely overblown ]

That doesn't mean customers didn't get it there.

Brilliant.***

Aug 8, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: When did you realize Coronavirus is completely overblown ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 1:46 AM [ in reply to Re: When did you realize Coronavirus is completely overblown ]

Yeah a country of 360 million people and God knows how many illegals. Some pandemic. Looks like a very bad flu season to me

That and real death rates are coming out

Aug 8, 2020, 11:27 AM

And being ignored for some reason.
Its barely more deadly than the flu.
Prot3ct the old and the unhealthy.

Everyone else should go about theie lives imo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Xavier Thomas disagrees with you.

Aug 8, 2020, 4:08 PM

And my 28yo cousin who runs marathons.

And the 161K is an undercount.

And pay no attention to the rest of the planet. Fairly diverse group of nations (a majority of nations) are taking it far more seriously. Friends. Foes. And others who have no opinion of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is it an undercount?***

Aug 8, 2020, 4:21 PM

Where did i say no one gets it?

Aug 8, 2020, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Xavier Thomas disagrees with you. ]

I could die from the flu. Kids are way more to die from the flu than covid.

Are we supposed to hole up til no one can get it? We have acceptable losses for everything else, whats different here?

Id rather live on my feet than die on my knees.
Protect yourself, if you want, protect the older and sick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our epidemic is a dynamic situation.

Aug 8, 2020, 11:27 AM

We were blindsided by this virus. We had no idea what it was or how humans would react to it. China lied for months and the light didn't come on in America until NYC was flooded with people showing symptoms. We were told to not to report to hospitals, doctors' offices or clinics until we had temps of over 103, a hard cough and flu-like aches.

I have no doubt that people have learned to deal with the viral outbreak and spread much better now that when it began in NYC. The cities with heavy international travel got saturated with virus carriers before Americans knew what hit us. The more the incoming from foreign countries the more the damage. That's radically changed now.

The other reason is the dynamics of virus. It's become many times more contagious but we've learned how to treat it to save lives. I believe the mutations may have become less deadly but there is no way to prove that for a variety of reasons.

Medicine is one. We know stuff now. The numbers of test performed daily now adds thousands to the positive case number. We probably have 100,000 people who are tested daily if not a million. Healthcare professionals, POTUS, congress and everyone who interacts with them too. Governors, state legislators and everyone who interacts with them. Professional athletes, college athletes and probably everyone in hollywood. Basically, if you're rich, famous or special you get tested again and again.

Maybe it's become a hoax but it sure wasn't when it started. Maybe we overreacted, who knows?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our epidemic is a dynamic situation.

Aug 8, 2020, 11:37 AM

We should have more educational commercials about masks and washing hands.

Aug 8, 2020, 11:39 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 11:45 AM

Seems kind of dangerous for some somewhat fat OL or DT's this football season. They will be breathing right in each other's faces too.

Most of them are more athletic than any of us will ever be..

Aug 8, 2020, 11:53 AM

but not all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most of them are more athletic than any of us will ever be..

Aug 8, 2020, 12:12 PM

I challenge anyone with type 2 diabetes to go through the swinney camp and not come out the other end completely cured.

Aug 8, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Most of them are more athletic than any of us will ever be.. ]

Very true, but there are some that are obese too. Fat, strong, quick, and very athletic, but still obese.

Aug 8, 2020, 12:15 PM

this is true, Darnell Jeffries is diabetic, a lot of of NFL lineman are as well. Very few people can carry around that much weight without having a serious impact on their heart and blood vessels, not to mention their joints.

The potential side effects are what scare me

Aug 8, 2020, 1:09 PM

If we knew there were no side effects after recovering from coronavirus, then I think society could buckle their chin strap and go back to a more normal life and just take your chances.

But we don’t know that, and that’s making me still be cautious. I’m 54, and the death rate even at my age isn’t that bad. I just wish there were no long-term side effects. And there’s so many different opinions, they may end up being the case. But until then I’m going to be careful

Then opt out. No one can make them do anything***

Aug 9, 2020, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Most of them are more athletic than any of us will ever be.. ]

Aug 8, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Most of them are more athletic than any of us will ever be.. ]

I'm 68 now, a turnip is more athletic than me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 12:30 PM

I'm 68 now, a turnip is more athletic than me.

Got you beat there my friend. I'm 65 and I can whip a turnips assz!

Maybe call McCluster and get an update... Darlington

Aug 9, 2020, 2:45 AM

Racetrack is a fairly large venue...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 12:28 PM

It was pretty obvious from the beginning for me but when health officials deemed it ok for people to congregate to protest for Black lives matter it left no doubt. In what kind of pandemic are mass gatherings given the OK under any circumstance

Then surely you wouldn't mind if you lost one of YOUR family members like 160,000 other Americans.

Let's start with your kids and your parents. Let's infect them and see if this is really overblown?

Almost 3 times as many Americans have died as did in Vietnam. Our economy is at a standstill, the recovery is slowing and many Americans over 50 are living in fear.

5 Million confirmed cases, almost $7 Trillion spent so far to prop up the economy. But yeah, you go ahead and believe this is all overblown.

Now, where can we find your loved one's so we can infect them? That wouldn't be a problem, right?

Replies: 36
| visibility 1,201
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic