Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The pool
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,358

The pool

Jun 21, 2019, 12:34 PM

It seems that the pressure had some influence, and the pool will be functional during the study. I also have some knowledge about the feasibility study. It is being prepared (almost complete) by an extremely qualified group that specializes in world class aquatic facilities. I would hope that the administration sees value in a nice rec center (including a pool), and understands that it is an important part of staying competitive with other schools. As has been stated here , even smaller schools have quality rec centers. Seems like maybe this is heading in the right direction, albeit with some awkward communication and mistakes along the way. Will post as I hear more.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The pool

Jun 21, 2019, 12:38 PM

Thanks. I donated and signed the petition. Hope they don’t screw this one up

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember when the pool and the whole Fike...........

Jun 21, 2019, 1:18 PM

complex opened in the early 70s when I was in school. To me, when I think about it, it's still this gleaming new facility that is first-class.

But I have to remind myself that it opened about 45 years ago now. Haven't seen the pool in-person in years but am not suprised if it's rundown by now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember when the pool and the whole Fike...........

Jun 21, 2019, 1:49 PM

It's actually a pretty decent pool, given the age, etc. The university made the decision to NOT commit to an Olympic size pool when we dropped the swimming teams. (while college swimming is still done in short course (yards) pool distances, an Olympic size pool is pretty much a given in order to compete at the Division 1 level in terms of recruiting). If there is any thought whatsoever to bringing back the swim teams, an Olympic size pool would be a necessity. That said, even small D2 and D3 schools have nicer aquatic facilities than CU. Will be interesting to see what comes out of this. I hope the "study" is not just cover for someone to abandon the aquatics altogether.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,358
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic