Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did our Tigers sign the #1 basketball recruit in Alabama today ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Did our Tigers sign the #1 basketball recruit in Alabama today ?

Apr 11, 2018, 7:50 PM

Thought I read that earlier but no mention here on TNET, just wanted to confirm. He is a 6’11 245 pound center/forward. Brownell keeping the momentum going ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did our Tigers sign the #1 basketball recruit in Alabama today ?

Apr 11, 2018, 7:58 PM

I think you are probably talking about Trey Jemison, who committed all the way back in October. That is so Germanic it wears a pointed helmet. He is a 6-11 kid who is part of the 2018 class, but been on board for a long time.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2018, 8:01 PM

and hood, did you hear we had 2 football players arrested.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2018, 8:03 PM

I did.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Did our Tigers sign the #1 basketball recruit in Alabama today ? ]

Pointed helmets and motorcycle side-cars .
The two things that came from Nazi Germany that I just can't hate .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

And b4 any of you history majors correct me ...

Apr 11, 2018, 8:08 PM

I totally realize the pointed helmet predated Nazism in Germany.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No worries

Apr 11, 2018, 8:47 PM

Most of the snarky replies would have come from those who hadn't run to Google and Wiki, yet. The others were banned earlier today! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pointy helmet is called a "Pickelhaube"

Apr 15, 2018, 3:06 PM [ in reply to And b4 any of you history majors correct me ... ]

The idea is you you lean over and spear your enemy on the run, it didn't work so good. But overall, Germans make good stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickelhaube

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Did our Tigers sign the #1 basketball recruit in Alabama today ? ]

Oh ok great, I am sorry to have bothered you all with my lack of that detail. As big a Tiger fan that I am I did not know we had signed this player ??

Signing basketball player don't get football attention

Apr 11, 2018, 9:31 PM

I get on tnet early signing day, today I felt to bad so I set at the computer reading articles much of the day but heard nothing about a basketball signing till your post. People saying germans, but wasn't germans to me. It would have been repeated a few times if a committed football player signed.

Legitimate question, considering that I don’t see the news posted

Apr 11, 2018, 9:59 PM

on TigerNet or on any other Clemson sites. It should be, because he’s a four star big man who is a great pickup for us.

He committed to us last November and seemed firm to us, but it’s always nice when they actually sign to make it official.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Legitimate question, considering that I don’t see the news posted

Apr 12, 2018, 12:46 AM

Jemison is a nice pick up but he's not a four star... All of them are three star and Newman is the only top 150 player in the group... This is a typical Brownell high school class

All 3 of our guys were rated 4 stars

Apr 12, 2018, 8:36 AM

By at least 1 service. Jemison was 4 stars by ESPN and Rivals.

...funny thing about this internet...

Apr 12, 2018, 11:10 AM

Rivals and Scout/247 has them all as 3-Star and is updated. ESPN doesn't even list Jemison as committed to us and he committed back in October, so, who knows when they last updated their info...

but above all of that, I always hope that they come in and play like a 5-star one and done talent because the rankings don't have to mean anything

don't know what to tell you on the rankings....

Apr 13, 2018, 1:04 PM

Jemison was listed as a 4 star on Rivals back when he committed and tnet has always displayed that. Basketball obviously doesn't get the same level of attn by the recruiting sites as FB - just not the interest- doubt they dump a lot of $ covering much besides Top 25 or maybe 100. He's currently showing 3 star on Rivals....maybe we have the opposite effect of changing a recruits star status in basketball?...LOL. All 3 are still listed as 4 star by ESPN as the press release indicates. All 3 look like really good pick-ups and a step in the right direction.

https://www.tigernet.com/basketball/recruit/Trey-Jemison-3131

Wrong. No, this is one of his better claases.

Apr 15, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Legitimate question, considering that I don’t see the news posted ]

Look at offers to show the upgrade, and then look at the film as well. It's an upgrade without question.

Brownell has not created any waves in recruiting here

Apr 16, 2018, 3:05 PM

and this year is no different. rare is the Top 100 player signing with Brownell (Sullivan, Grantham, Simms), so i'm going to guess that 90% of his recruits fall between about 125 and 275 typically... that's not an upgrade or a downgrade, it's just what Brownell does...

but like I wrote earlier, I hope they all come in and play like 5-star one-and-done talent because the rankings and offers don't have to mean anything... just come on in and ball out...

But do you think Brownell should be able to carry the last seasons results over

Apr 16, 2018, 3:29 PM

to this upcoming set of recruits ? Sweet 16 is impressive and not playing in the ACC is an attraction. Of course the ACC top tier teams get all the best players such as Zion Williamson. I do not know what could work better to help recruiting than success on the court, hoping it translates and we get some high level talent. Either way I really like the 6’10 size, could really help this team ??????

Re: But do you think Brownell should be able to carry the last seasons results over

Apr 16, 2018, 3:38 PM

Not if we have not already established a recruiting relationship with a player... It might would help if we were already established with a recruit but I would say that it takes the next recruiting cycle, and potentially during the early signing period, to see the benefits of this year's Sweet Sixteen. Jemison should come in and at least be a physical presence in rebounding and defense, and Newman should be good for us in time but I don't expect much out of him in the '17-'18 season. I don't have a feel for Tyson.

It is an upgrade in recruiting. It's not the same...

Apr 16, 2018, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Brownell has not created any waves in recruiting here ]

old deal. He upgraded talent if you go by offers. That said, I know he upgraded talent due to film.

Re: It is an upgrade in recruiting. It's not the same...

Apr 17, 2018, 10:42 AM

<###### src="https://giphy.com/#####/kMSyCATSq9SEw" width="379" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen>

via GIPHY

Re: It is an upgrade in recruiting. It's not the same...

Apr 17, 2018, 6:16 PM [ in reply to It is an upgrade in recruiting. It's not the same... ]

After reading through this thread, I am confused. Is it an upgrade in recruiting, or is it not? Could someone clarify this for me?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is totally up to you if it is an upgrade or not

Apr 17, 2018, 7:26 PM

I don't think we have any recruiting experts posted in this thread so, chose your perspective and forget all others

Message was edited by: Knuck®

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic